New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 175 of 203 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    maraming Fortuner D4D dito sa amin but havnt heard anything bad about it....or tumirik sa daan. that goes to Inova also marami din dito.
    I think they already address the problem secretly to avoid people questioning the reliability of toyota as a whole...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    "the problem with the D4D isn't actually the engine itself, but more on the fuel filtering/delivery. madumi kasi ang diesel fuel natin dito, marami sediments, nagipon ang sediments at bumara sa filter, in turn, hindi umaabot sa engine ang diesel fuel. pinalitan na lahat ng filters sa assembly line, kaya lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na."

From A SA of Toyota Makati...they are a plant-owned dealership

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What were you expecting? siempre S.A. yan, its goal is to sell not inform the consumers.

Anyway, just go ahead and buy a D-4D if you don't believe those who post their problems here. One tsikoteer needed a year for his D-4D choking problem to show up so it makes one think if all of these engines will choke at an indefinite time.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Enrico, just get the VVTI if you really want a Fort.

If you really want a CRDi, get another brand. Topnotch CRDis are by BMW & Hyundai (both from Bosch and BorgWarner Turbo systems).

Mitsu Di-D is Denso like Toyota D-4D but so far, no owner has said anything wrong about it yet (hopefully none because it's one good looking truck).

Ford's Duratorq seems to be good too not sure though what brand they implemented.
    salamat horsepower!

mas matipid kasi diesel daw and mas matibay and madali i-maintain.

gas sayo sir? ayos ba?

tnx

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by enrico View Post
    mas matipid kasi diesel daw and mas matibay and madali i-maintain.
    Maybe it depends kung gaano ka mag-alaga ng sasakyan.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by enrico View Post
    tnx but im more after the model(2.5 or 3.0L fortuner diesel ba?), month, and year that it was bought to provide somewhat of a "baseline" kung natugunan na yung problema ng crdi.

salamat po!
    Before 2.5 lang may deperensya na may access dito sa net. Pero ngayon pati 3.0 meron na din. Go back a few pages and you will see some post here.
    Please follow your instinct if you feel that it solve go a head buy one. May three years warranty naman. Just incase na swertehin karin tulad ko tell them to reprogram your ECU first before they replace the CRDi sytem. With in three years free of charge naman yan.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    "the problem with the D4D isn't actually the engine itself, but more on the fuel filtering/delivery. madumi kasi ang diesel fuel natin dito, marami sediments, nagipon ang sediments at bumara sa filter, in turn, hindi umaabot sa engine ang diesel fuel. pinalitan na lahat ng filters sa assembly line, kaya lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na."

From A SA of Toyota Makati...they are a plant-owned dealership
    They always say this for you to buy the unit they are selling. what do you expect them to say? In the first place they should have test the fuels here first. Is that the kind of company they are? syempre kung ako man ang owner ng Toyota I will probably do the same. Kasi nga tulad ng sabi ng iba insignificant lang kami na may problema. Peace.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Originally Posted by jaeger
    We started a similar list in the woes thread last Jan. 2006. We were trying to predict if there was a pattern with the mileage before the problem comes out, but there was no pattern when m2m's D4D choked quite too early:

strayWOLF -- entire CRDI system replaced July 2005 odo=?
    (first tsikoteer with D4D problem)
    larshell ------ entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=4,000+
    lord --------- entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=?
    (take 2 na si lord diba?, 2nd time re-programming na lang ba?)
    3kings ------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=1,500km.
    lexus -------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=?
    Gabby ------- only fuel pump replaced Dec 2005 odo=1,200km
    m2m -------- entire CRDI system replaced Jan 20, 2006 odo=590km
    bongliza ----- scheduled for further evaluation odo=14,000km

I remember record breaker natin si m2m, hindi pa nakakaabot sa 1,000km PMS bumigay na supply pump nya.

Maybe the actual owners can just update their D4D woes info.

while there is no pattern with the mileage, the dates they were replace or
    reprogrammed says that the d4ds, based on this very limited data, shows that all the crdis were bought last 2005. so far, again based on this data, no problems with 2006 released crdis. which is pretty consistent to the post provided by one tsikoteer that all 2006 releases have new supply pumps replacing the old defective ones.

this is the type of data i hope to accumulate, through your GENEROUS AND KIND SUPPORT, that will prove useful to future buyers of fortuner crdi!

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS POLL!

SALAMAT PO!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    so far my nov 2005 fortuner is not giving me headache. what i do is I seldom let the car tank meter slip below 1/4 meter. Pag 1/4 meter na full tank na ulit. even for my other cars, this is what i do to prevent siphoning of dirt and water.

bdw, the car never went to toyota for PMS. just my trusted mechanic doing change oil. Fuel filter never change so far...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    * Katsudon_ph, That is a good habit kasi hindi ka talaga matutuyuan ng fuel sa tanke ng Fort mo. Pero every time na magpapakarga na bubulabog din yon latak sa tanke mo kahit 1/4 pa ang laman ng tanke mo. Malakas ang pressure ng mga gas pump. wala siguro kinlaman yong naka ugalian mo doon sa trouble free Fortuner mo.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph View Post
    so far my nov 2005 fortuner is not giving me headache. what i do is I seldom let the car tank meter slip below 1/4 meter. Pag 1/4 meter na full tank na ulit. even for my other cars, this is what i do to prevent siphoning of dirt and water.

bdw, the car never went to toyota for PMS. just my trusted mechanic doing change oil. Fuel filter never change so far...
    OT: During every PMS (involving oil change), the Casa also changes the oil filter. I'm not sure how often does one have to change the oil filter.

Toyota D4D engine woes