New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 172 of 203 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    sir po ako, mahilig lang sa girls, hehe
    Joke lang. Let me rephrase that...

*tiu00
    Girl po hilig ni beebs..Hehehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    why is toyota still importing 2.5 d4ds? in singapore i only saw 4 fortuners. di kaya alam na nila na may problema?
    Meron ba? Sabi kasi ng mga taxi driver na nasakyan ko, diesel fed engines ay para lang sa mga taxi , buses at hauling trucks. For private use vehicles puro gas daw.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    [
    Aside from the vehicle being unproductive for 3 days, I was told that the shock absorber [SIZE="3"]will not be covered by the warranty[/SIZE]!

diba 3 yrs or 100,000 kms ang warranty nyan? tinanong ko na yan sa service manager ng toyota pasong tamo, kasama daw sa warranty ang shock absorber. pwede nyong e dispute yan.
    dapat covered ng warranty ang shock absorber... yung sa Rav4 ko ganyan din ang nangyari...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    dapat covered ng warranty ang shock absorber... yung sa Rav4 ko ganyan din ang nangyari...
    It really depends.

Yan yung nakakainis sa local warranties, the language is very non-specific and does not tell you what is considered a wear item and what duration they'll cover it for. Have had that headache on my other cars, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It really depends.

Yan yung nakakainis sa local warranties, the language is very non-specific and does not tell you what is considered a wear item and what duration they'll cover it for. Have had that headache on my other cars, too.
    I guess it will also depend on the casa handling it. I used to bring my Toyota to Shaw-Ortigas (along C5) for its PMS. They were quite receptive really in handling warranty claims. I had the following done for free: left-side shocks, transmission bearing, aircon dirt buildup, dirty throttle body, front disc brakes, etc.

But towards the end of the warranty, I was quite pissed that they did not address anymore my concerns regarding my the squeaking sound in my clutch & tranny plus some suspension problems. :seeth:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    [
    Aside from the vehicle being unproductive for 3 days, I was told that the shock absorber [SIZE="3"]will not be covered by the warranty[/SIZE]!

diba 3 yrs or 100,000 kms ang warranty nyan? tinanong ko na yan sa service manager ng toyota pasong tamo, kasama daw sa warranty ang shock absorber. pwede nyong e dispute yan.
    That's what I said and his reply was, he will check with his 'boss.' Also, adding to my woes, I was told that the brake pads and lining has to be replaced. It only ran 43,000 kms. My A/T CRV is 4 years old and ran 60,000 kms already, brakes feel as good as new. Our Innova is a stick by the way. Either the drivers have extremely heavy feet or the parts are defective.

My apologies if I'm going O.T. as this thread is about D4D woes...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    OT...
    Aside from the vehicle being unproductive for 3 days, I was told that the shock absorber [SIZE=3]will not be covered by the warranty[/SIZE]!
    when i had my 10k pms, toyota dagupan did changed my leaking shock (1) FOC... sila mismo ang nagsabi na covered ng warranty.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hmmm... Bakit hindi kaya standardized yung warranty claims sa mga dealers? Diba dapat uniform lahat ng warranty coverages para naman hindi malito ang mga consumers kung aling dealers would give them the most good deals and after sales service in purchasing a new vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC23 View Post
    Hmmm... Bakit hindi kaya standardized yung warranty claims sa mga dealers? Diba dapat uniform lahat ng warranty coverages para naman hindi malito ang mga consumers kung aling dealers would give them the most good deals and after sales service in purchasing a new vehicle.
    The problem is wear and tear.

Brakes, for example. Some drivers can keep their brake discs for 100,000 kms plus, driving lightly and on the highway. Me? I cracked brake pads at 50,000 kms and needed brake refacing after that.

On the South Super Highway (ironically named), shocks, bushings and alignment can go out very quickly (experience on all my cars). Some people never change bushings (at least, not first owners).

With this variability of give or take 20,000 kms for such "wear items", sometimes, it's the dealer's disgression whether they'll cover it. What irks me is that there are "secret warranty limitations" implicit in such warranties that don't go into every single nut and bolt on the car.

When a dealership gives you a 60,000 km - 100,000 km warranty, the only thing, really, that this assures you of, is that if the computer box or engine blow up for no apparent reason, they'll replace it. If the car falls in half despite the lack of collision damage, they'll replace it. Fat chance of any of that happening. Batteries, alternators, aircons, shocks, springs, etcetera, aren't covered.

I've got a 125,000 km warranty, and now I feel foolish for taking it, as it doesn't cover everything on the car and forces me to go there for oil changes for the rest of my natural life. :hysterical: For brakes and alignment, I don't even bother going to the casa anymore, as 99% of the underchassis components are considered "wear items", and chances are 50/50 that I'll get coverage.

So far, no major problems from the car that are warranty related... but if I do get one and get fobbed off with "wear and tear", I swear I will get seriously b*tchy about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Just a follow-up to my post yesterday. Our Innova is in Toyota Bicutan right now having its 40,000 PMS. I got a call a few hours after bringing it in and here's the verdict:

Replace defective front shock absorber (1pc)
    Replace Rear Axle (our Innova apparently is included in the Axle recall list previously discussed here)

If there's any consolation, the staff at Bicutan were very courteous and the whole process of brining in the vehicle and the release of the claim stub took all of 15 mins (walk-in) compared to Honda Makati's (magallanes) 1 hour 10 mins.
    yun Honda CRV ko dati pinalitan ng shock absorber under warranty.

Toyota D4D engine woes