New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 168 of 203 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    last weekend my dad and i went to lingayen to fetch my lolo. we brought our fortuner to the province... as we were approaching aguilar, pangasinan cruising at 140 km/h (it was in the middle of the night), biglang namatay engine ng fortuner namin!!! buti na lang straight road at gumagana pa brakes.... nung nagfull stop na kami, we tried to start the engine it started pero namamatay after a few seconds. eh di sinubukan uli namin i-start and my dad stepped on the accelerator for a few seconds and the engine started like nothing has happened. sabi ni daddy bumalik na naman uli yung dating problema at naiinis sya dahil pinalitan na supply pump dati...
    Aray!
    Unpredictable pa? Good to know nakauwi pa kayo ng maayos.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    last weekend my dad and i went to lingayen to fetch my lolo. we brought our fortuner to the province... as we were approaching aguilar, pangasinan cruising at 140 km/h (it was in the middle of the night), biglang namatay engine ng fortuner namin!!! buti na lang straight road at gumagana pa brakes.... nung nagfull stop na kami, we tried to start the engine it started pero namamatay after a few seconds. eh di sinubukan uli namin i-start and my dad stepped on the accelerator for a few seconds and the engine started like nothing has happened. sabi ni daddy bumalik na naman uli yung dating problema at naiinis sya dahil pinalitan na supply pump dati...
    that's scary kung nasa 140kph kayo

di din pala ligtas ang hi-ace d4d at mga naka 3.0 d4d, a! urvan estate-CEo trim na nga lang....

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorry to hear that bro. May I suggest na you request to your dealer to reprogram your ECU this may solve your problem. If you dealer not performing reprogramming go to Toyota QA look for Mr. Sanorias and ask if he can assist you. I really think that replacing the entire CRDi system doesn't solve the problem. BTW ano nga pala yong Fort nyo 2.5 or 3.0?
    Last edited by larshell; February 13th, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    namatay ang makina while doing 140 kmh? wtf?!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    grabe ito 1+ million worth bigla nalang namamatay ang engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti straight kayo kungdi nag lock ang steering wheel niyan... imagine that at a 140kph

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    buti straight kayo kungdi nag lock ang steering wheel niyan... imagine that at a 140kph
    The steering won't lock if the engine dies. It only locks if you turn the key to the "off" position.

All that will happen here is that the vehicle will coast down to a stop. Best if you stop it before the brakes stiffen up too much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    it's a good thing nothing happened to you and your dad. buti gumana pa brakes. ilan na ang mileage ng fort nyo?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Deym! Nakakatakot. good thing nothing happend.

Toyota D4D engine woes