New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 146 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aca888 View Post
    Hi guys,

Just want to share my experience with our Toyota
    Fortuner 3.0 D4-D. We purchased the unit early this year and it is almost due for its 5,000KM check up.

We were parked yesterday at the carpark of a supermarket somewhere in Mandaluyong City. When we got back, we were'nt able to start the car . I figure that this is due to choking problems. I was really pissed off since this car was quite new and did cost a lot of money.

I will be taking this to the casa next week for check up. Luckily its still under warranty.

There really is a problem with the Toyota Fortuner diesel engine and maybe its time TMP being such a reputable company should start recalling these units.

Will keep you guys posted on the result of the check up.

Pano yong choking mo? Hard starting lang ba? Nag-Stall ba? Hinila na ba yong Fortuner pauwi?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RPG View Post
    Thanks to this thread and other realted threads in Tsikot.com, I too got myself the VVT-i variant.

I started off really intent on getting Diesel as I wanted to experience the power and fuel economoy that the new high-tech comon rail diesel technology offers. But I guess the technology is still too new for Toyota. Whether they admit it or not - mukhang may mga bugs pa sa design and they need to do a few revisions before the engine gets refined and really proves capable to handle the Philippine environment.

I would definitely consider a Diesel for my next ride. Probably the 2nd generation Fortuner D4D or the next CRDI SUV based out of the new Mitsubishi Strada platform ...
    More power to Tsikot.com
    Fort D4D (2.5) was also one of my early options but ruled it out because walang intercooler - hence weaker power output. The 3.0 D4D is too expensive naman. Believe talaga ako sa CRDi engine based on my positive experience with my 02 Trooper which I intend to keep. Finally settled for the new Strada GLS AT - CRDi, Intercooler, more than adequate power, 4x4, and to top it all matipid. Also relatively cheap at just slightly over P1.2M. Just keeping my fingers crossed that problems like some of the D4Ds don't show up.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    We actually reserved a 2.7 VVTi unit before but were offered a 2.5 D4D variant (during the ultra long waiting time period last year). We were actually going to get it already and I think it is a blessing in disguise that the dealer forced us to add 120k worth of accessories. We did not push through getting the diesel-fed Fortuner.

Just last October, we managed to get a 2.7 VVTi (pre-owned, around 1k in the odometer, bought from a relative). Good deal pa!

It's sad to hear the D4D problems encountered by owners. I hope it will be solved by Toyota the soonest time possible.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Pasingit lang mga Sir, medyo OT na siguro tanung ko pero, when I left PI last October this year, Toyota Innova and Fortuner ang top seller. Maari bang hanggang ngayon marami paring mga Pinoy ang hindi alam na may problema ang D4D ng Toyota kaya dami parin buyer? Sorry sa tanung.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    Pasingit lang mga Sir, medyo OT na siguro tanung ko pero, when I left PI last October this year, Toyota Innova and Fortuner ang top seller. Maari bang hanggang ngayon marami paring mga Pinoy ang hindi alam na may problema ang D4D ng Toyota kaya dami parin buyer? Sorry sa tanung.
    According to Mr.Danny Isla, vice-president of Toyota Phil. at present there are at least 22,000 units of Innovas out there of which 90% are D4Ds.
    And more are being sold, at least 1000 units a month. 700 units for the Fortuner, and 400 units of the Vios.
    Marami na rin sigurong may alam, kaya lang the affected units are so insignificant in numbers kaya naiisip siguro,"why would I deprive myself of a good reliable economical car, when the affected units are so statistically small it can just be considered normal quality issue common in any manufacturing processes".

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMO dahil sa mahal ng halaga ng sasakyan, kahit 5 lang ang mag complain at iisa ang complaint (tapos bago pa)dapat parin bigyan to ng pansin ng kumpanya kese hodang libo libong iba ang walang problema.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    According to Mr.Danny Isla, vice-president of Toyota Phil. at present there are at least 22,000 units of Innovas out there of which 90% are D4Ds.
    And more are being sold, at least 1000 units a month. 700 units for the Fortuner, and 400 units of the Vios.
    Marami na rin sigurong may alam, kaya lang the affected units are so insignificant in numbers kaya naiisip siguro,"why would I deprive myself of a good reliable economical car, when the affected units are so statistically small it can just be considered normal quality issue common in any manufacturing processes".
    Still trying to convince us that those posting here their D4D problems are "statistically insignificant"? :rofl:

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kaya sa inyong mga nakabili ng D4D na may sira...pasesnsiya na kayo kasi konti lang kayo. At sa hindi pa nakabili....watchu waiting por? Iilan lang naman yan may sira a few hundred maybe..kaya insignificant yan...Bwahahahahaha

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    [SIZE=3]hmmm... kaya naiisip siguro?:seesaw:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]for someone rational who really knows about the D4D woes and with about a million bucks of hard-earned money on the line at that, the probable answer to this hypothetical question would be... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]"i will definitely deprive myself of this d4d vehicle, kasi siguradong nag-iisip ako" :idea:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]well, unless of course if you're filthy rich and a gambler at that :hysterical:[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    [SIZE=3]hmmm... kaya naiisip siguro?:seesaw:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]for someone rational who really knows about the D4D woes and with about a million bucks of hard-earned money on the line at that, the probable answer to this hypothetical question would be... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]"i will definitely deprive myself of this d4d vehicle, kasi siguradong nag-iisip ako" :idea:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]well, unless of course if you're filthy rich and a gambler at that :hysterical:[/SIZE]
    home run!!!

Toyota D4D engine woes