New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 145 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    beebs, Did my sharing of D4d problems makes you decide to buy gasoline engine instead of Diesel? Nagsisi ka na ba dahil Gasoline engine binili instead of Diesel?
    I want your answer to be Gospel truth pls.
    hi larshell. actually i'd like to thank you for making me switch to the gas variant. kahit mas mataas ang binabayad ko sa gas bills, at least worry free ang driving ko. i drive an ave of 80 kms/day and can't afford to have an engine breakdown since i'm always on the go (visiting industrial plants). thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    no offense to the D4D owners...

this thread helped me a lot to finally decide NOT to get a D4D equipped-vehicle as our first brand-new car. mga kamag-anak nga namin ay pinagalitan pa ako bakit di raw "T" badge ang binili namin ni misis. bakit daw hyundai CRDi ang kinuha ko. sabi nila di maganda ang korean-made, blah-blah-blah (dahil wala silang alam sa CRDi at nasanay na sila sa toyota).

ngayun ay napapangiti lang ako dahil kwento ni misis yung mga kamag-anak namin na ayaw sa hyundai ay sila pa ngayon ang nag-uunahang sumakay pag me lakad.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi guys,

Just want to share my experience with our Toyota
    Fortuner 3.0 D4-D. We purchased the unit early this year and it is almost due for its 5,000KM check up.

We were parked yesterday at the carpark of a supermarket somewhere in Mandaluyong City. When we got back, we were'nt able to start the car . I figure that this is due to choking problems. I was really pissed off since this car was quite new and did cost a lot of money.

I will be taking this to the casa next week for check up. Luckily its still under warranty.

There really is a problem with the Toyota Fortuner diesel engine and maybe its time TMP being such a reputable company should start recalling these units.

Will keep you guys posted on the result of the check up.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, the part that i don't understand is: If the problem lies in the Denso fuelpump (or whatever Denso it is), why don't they just equip them with a different brand. Replacing it with the same thing is like relieving the problem but not really curing it. It's like fooling the owner that the car is fixed but the real deal is, it'll bog down again the future.

so imagine the cost of the repair when the warranty expires!. Their convenient excuse would be that the warranty has expired already and you need to pay whatever they charge you.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That depends. If they keep claiming a different thing is fixed each time, they might get around the lemon law... but if you can persuade the judge that all of these problems fall under "fuel system/engine", then they'll be obliged to replace the entire unit.

----

As to why not use a different type. The vehicle was designed to use what's there. I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to re-engineer to use different components, but it'll definitely cost money, possibly lots of money, for them to reissue parts for mounting, adapting and installing different items in every single IMMV out there.

And remember, this problem affects maybe 10% or so of all owners... but a recall will force them to repair ALL units... regardless of whether they have them or not.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So they'd rather stay away from the problem and leave owners of lemon units on their own

that's too bad. buti sana kung 50,000 pesos lang mga kotse nila e. kaso more than one million yung iba (forts).

Imagine kung pinag-ipunan mo talaga, tapos first brand new car mo pa. Tapos puro problema, sarap siguro sunugin nung kotse. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tsk...Thank God talaga...Hindi ako naka-d4d...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    hi larshell. actually i'd like to thank you for making me switch to the gas variant. kahit mas mataas ang binabayad ko sa gas bills, at least worry free ang driving ko. i drive an ave of 80 kms/day and can't afford to have an engine breakdown since i'm always on the go (visiting industrial plants). thanks again.
    Im Happy yo hear that bro. Kahit naman mas mataas ang bill mo sa Gas compare to Diesel mas mura naman ang VVti compare to D4d and less the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    no offense to the D4D owners...

this thread helped me a lot to finally decide NOT to get a D4D equipped-vehicle as our first brand-new car. mga kamag-anak nga namin ay pinagalitan pa ako bakit di raw "T" badge ang binili namin ni misis. bakit daw hyundai CRDi ang kinuha ko. sabi nila di maganda ang korean-made, blah-blah-blah (dahil wala silang alam sa CRDi at nasanay na sila sa toyota).

ngayun ay napapangiti lang ako dahil kwento ni misis yung mga kamag-anak namin na ayaw sa hyundai ay sila pa ngayon ang nag-uunahang sumakay pag me lakad.
    Natutuwa naman ako at kahit papano yong pagsisi ko ay napalitan ng tamang disisyon nyo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks to this thread and other realted threads in Tsikot.com, I too got myself the VVT-i variant.

I started off really intent on getting Diesel as I wanted to experience the power and fuel economoy that the new high-tech comon rail diesel technology offers. But I guess the technology is still too new for Toyota. Whether they admit it or not - mukhang may mga bugs pa sa design and they need to do a few revisions before the engine gets refined and really proves capable to handle the Philippine environment.

I would definitely consider a Diesel for my next ride. Probably the 2nd generation Fortuner D4D or the next CRDI SUV based out of the new Mitsubishi Strada platform ...

More power to Tsikot.com

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi Everyone!

I bought my Toyota Fortuner 2.7 VVTi Greyish Brown Metallic on November 18, 2005. The first time I drove this baby was the happiest time I had behind the wheel. It's been over a year now and I still feel good about this car. This was a big upgrade for me as my previous cars were a 1996/97 Corolla XL, 2000 Honda City Type Z and 2003 Honda City S IDSi. All of them were 1.3L cars.

When I was deciding on which fortuner variant to choose from, my primary concern was price, quality and maintenance/repair costs. At the time, the only available choices then were the 3.0 D4D and the 2.7 VVTi. After doing some research which included reading tsikot.com posts, I decided to get the 2.7 VVTi.

Diesel engines maybe more fuel efficient with lesser fuel costs than gasoline, but they're also more pollutive. And Toyota didn't exactly have the pedigree when it comes to diesel engines unlike Isuzu, Hyundai or even Mitsubishi. I was apprehensive about the possible higher maintenance and repair costs for the untested D4D. As for the difference in fuel economy between diesel and gasoline engines, I figured that I could cancel out the diesel advantage by using the Php 305,000 price savings to buy at least 3 years worth of gasoline.

Toyota D4D engine woes