New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 143 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I don't think anyone is magnifying anything here. This is a free forum [so long as you follow some set guidelines]. The people who own and run this forum are not under the payroll or payolas of any major automaker.[/quote]

OTEP: i'll bet my d4d if you can prove i am under the payroll of any auto company. just be willing to bet yours if i can prove to you i am not what you think i am ( just because i do not subscribe to your thinking)...hehehe

wanna bet??

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    I don't think anyone is magnifying anything here. This is a free forum [so long as you follow some set guidelines]. The people who own and run this forum are not under the payroll or payolas of any major automaker.

OTEP: i'll bet my d4d if you can prove i am under the payroll of any auto company. just be willing to bet yours if i can prove to you i am not what you think i am ( just because i do not subscribe to your thinking)...hehehe

wanna bet??
    Albert99, I think you are already out of line with that.. that was not the intention of OTEP. With your statement, it would seem that you are the one who is paranoid with all the discussions in this thread..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think anyone is magnifying anything here. This is a free forum [so long as you follow some set guidelines]. The people who own and run this forum are not under the payroll or payolas of any major automaker.

wanna bet??
    OTEP is not saying that you are in the payroll of Toyota, he is just reacting to the implications that the "D4D problem" might be the insinuation of other automakers.

We've had that issue come up before, and it has never been proven or substantiated. A lot of people here are personally acquainted with those who've suffered problems, and others, like larshell have even shown the steps Toyota is taking to cure the problem and Toyota's own internal communications regarding the D4D problems.

We do not mean to question your identity, sir, or your motives. But this thread is not for assessing the identities of parties concerned, but for documenting the D4D problem and to update affected D4D owners as to the status of the "solution".

It has been proven that these problems do occur. It's not a direct attack against Toyota. Look elsewhere on the board. We have discussions on the Chevrolet Optra's poor economy, cam sensor problems on the Lynx, poor trim and fitment issues on Honda Civics and Cities, radiator and exhaust problems on Isuzus.

It boggles the mind how some people can accept that problems occur on Isuzus or Fords or Nissans, but not on Hondas or Toyotas.

If you want to see real ranting and raving against a car, read this:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18094

And then call me and MBT up sometime, and you can see his POS Chevy... it's funny... every time we see each other, he's just come from the shop or he's on his way to shop to buy something else to fix that car. :hysterical:

I think it's best that we get back on topic. If you really want to know the validity of the claims here, just attend the next EB, and meet these owners in person.
    Last edited by niky; December 6th, 2006 at 07:59 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    even an OSY knows what the word "woes" mean. i know that too bro. kaya lang itong forum na to ay hindi "top secret" o "classified" na kayo-kayo lang na mga datihan na mga d4d owners can access this. now, for the sake of argument, how will we convince those non-d4d fanatics that our d4d is better than anyone's engine/system when we ourselves have troubles and tons of problems with our d4ds? mmmm....
    Alam mo naman pala ang ibig sabihin ng woes, so huwag kang magtaka kung puro kasiraan regarding D4-D ang nababasa mo. Kung gusto mong puro papuri, you're free to create a new thread.

Hindi mo obligasyong mangumbinsi, unless ahente/fanatic ka. Hayaan mong magbasa ang mga members dito, may sarili naman silang utak para makapamili ng maayos.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The fact that the thread is about D4D woes means that primarily, people posting here are having problems. Whoa, people talking about D4D problems in a D4D problems thread, they must be haters!

It still puzzles me as to why ECU reprogramming/resetting fixes this problem. I still think that this is not a hardware problem at all. Modern ECUs are intelligent, and they constantly try to optimize the tuning of the engine to current driving conditions. The D4D ECU, could possibly get the engine into a broken state while drivng (symptom: stall). It remembers this "broken" state but doesn't know that it is indeed broken, so it tries to use it the next time around (symptom: rough idle or would not start at all).

It's also possible (probable, actually) that there's more than one "broken" state, which may explain why people experience the problem in varying degrees.

P.S. Now Playing: Eraserheads - Overdrive. "Pare hindi na mag-start eh." How appropriate.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    lalaitin units natin...imagine when i was having a scratch on my bumper repainted, the pintor commented that the isuzu diesel engine is far better than what i had under the hood of my innova!
    naku alam na din ng mga pintor d4d woes

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ :bwahaha: wired at tambay sa washover thread

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I never implied or stated you were under the payroll of an auto company. What I said was clear as day: That Tsikot.com is not under the influence of any manufacturer. That's it. How you got thinking that I was referring to you or any other entity is beyond my comprehension already.

Sheesh...whatever gave you that idea.

Besides, I don't gamble.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I never implied or stated you were under the payroll of an auto company. What I said was clear as day: That Tsikot.com is not under the influence of any manufacturer. That's it. How you got thinking that I was referring to you or any other entity is beyond my comprehension already.

Sheesh...whatever gave you that idea.

Besides, I don't gamble.

Nice one, Otep.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    peeps, the reason bakit "D4D engine woes" ang nilagay kong title ng tread is because i wanted to ask our tsikoteers their opinions re D4D. last year i was the many people in line for a 2.5 D4D fortuner.

during the waiting time of 6 months for my unit, i've read from larshell and others that their innova D4D were having problems(hard starting). we at tsikot did a little of "trouble shooting", from checking the battery, clogged fuel filter, diesel quality, loss compression, bio-diesel, etc. only to find out that it's the denso supply pump. i myself saw a brand new D4D fortuner being serviced at toyota makati. also a friend of mine at toyota bicutan confirmed the problem.

ayoko naman mag-drive ng brand new car then after a few weeks may problema ang makina. kaya nga after reading the posts here i immediately switched to the vvti. i even considered getting the sorento.

i know for a fact na mas mura ang diesel sa gas, also mas matibay ang engine block ng diesel. madali pa i-maintain. gusto ko sana talaga mag-diesel but after hearing nga the sentiments of our fellow tsikoteers, nag dalawang isip ako.

well sana nga naayos na ng toyota ang problema sa D4D.

Toyota D4D engine woes