New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 141 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A quick question... how would you verify if the said engine number is legitimate or not?

I don't think that posting your engine number to "authenticate" that you are a D4D-equipped vehicle owner is a bit pointless. How about those that are posting second-hand information (from first-hand experiences from their relatives / friends / acquiantances)? Should we discredit those that are posting information like that just because they are not owners themselves.

If that is the case, then we shouldn discredit most information from the media since most stories & news are just relayed to them by people who experienced the event firsthand.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hi peeps! it's been quite a while since i last posted in this thread. 1 yr na ang 2.7 liter fortuner ko and still no problems with the engine. 23,000 kms na ang odo ko.

i started this thread last year to ask on whether i would get a vvti or a d4d and i ended up with the vvti, thanks to your opinions. kahit 7.5 km/liter ang consumption ko ok lang since malapt na rin ang presyo ng gas and diesel.

bilib din ako sa toyota kahit may mga problems sa d4d and is still outselling the hyundai sta fe crdi and the kia sorento crdi.

have seen the chevrolet equinox while i was in the states a few weeks ago and i'm sure it will give the fortuner a run for its money once it hits Philippine shores(kung matutuloy). maraming lexus and acura suvs sa states din. walang fortuner(hehe).

kumusta larshell! hope everything is fine with your innova d4d.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    let us not magnify those minute defects of the d4d...kasi iba ang effect or impact nito sa mga non-d4d owners (or walang kotse pero may alam)...everytime na dumadaan ang pogi nating innova or fortuner at nakikita ng mga iba dyan...ay lalaitin units natin...imagine when i was having a scratch on my bumper repainted, the pintor commented that the isuzu diesel engine is far better than what i had under the hood of my innova!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    imagine when i was having a scratch on my bumper repainted, the pintor commented that the isuzu diesel engine is far better than what i had under the hood of my innova!
    Wow! nagka nightmare ka ba after this? Hindi makatulog? hehehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    18,000 kms odo on our innova d4d a/t. no problem so far.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    pare at least we should get a good start at identifying our units that have caused us headaches and worries...i am not saying we should not listen to other sources of information relative to the d4d...pero mas maganda yung firsthand, which means, we who have our names listed at Toyota Financial Service or at various dealerships...

to maxbwya: hehehe...i assure you, buhay pa naman yung pintor na yan...hahaha, i left him balck and blue but still breathing, hahaha

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    beebs, Eto nakakadalawang beses na nasira yong unit ko. Reprogramming lang ng ECU yong solution nila ngayon ewn lang kung tatagal na ito. Good to hear from you again.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx View Post
    18,000 kms odo on our innova d4d a/t. no problem so far.

Yan tulad nito happy sya ok lang sakin kahit hindi ako happy sa unit ko talagang ganyan ang buhay diba? Earlier in this thread i also mention to some tsikoteer na huwag mag alala tuloy lang ang ligaya. Bakit kelangan na may mag acuse na we are creating intriga. Ako nga e kahit twice na nasira yong unit ko ginagamit ko parin sa malayong lugar. (May back up lang ako na expi at navigator Joke )

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Yan tulad nito happy sya ok lang sakin kahit hindi ako happy sa unit ko talagang ganyan ang buhay diba? Earlier in this thread i also mention to some tsikoteer na huwag mag alala tuloy lang ang ligaya. Bakit kelangan na may mag acuse na we are creating intriga. Ako nga e kahit twice na nasira yong unit ko ginagamit ko parin sa malayong lugar. (May back up lang ako na expi at navigator Joke )
    im happy because wala pang problem yung innova namin. pero i also feel sorry for those who experienced problems. sorry dude

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imagine when i was having a scratch on my bumper repainted, the pintor commented that the isuzu diesel engine is far better than what i had under the hood of my innova!
    Nasa sa iyo naman how you will take the 'panlalait'. Imagine me when I'm buying parts for the Suzuki. Lahat ng pagtanungan ko, 'Suzuki, walang parts iyan! Hindi naman maganda, eh!' Or when I'm having the Pajero serviced, puro 'underpowered' ang naririnig kong comment sa paligid. That's their opinion, I just respect it. They probably did not see my Pajero, while it was recovering a bogged Toyota Land Cruiser.

I don't think anyone is magnifying anything here. This is a free forum [so long as you follow some set guidelines]. The people who own and run this forum are not under the payroll or payolas of any major automaker.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Toyota D4D engine woes