New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 130 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm sure toyota is doing something to correct this fault, di nag lang nag issue ng recall. i could imagine lawsuits if the owner gets hurt or worst, because of this fault.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm sure toyota is doing something
    Of course they are doing something. THEY ARE DENYING THE PROBLEM EXISTS!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panic na rin siguro sila now.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Wilde's story... that's grounds for "lemon law" already, and he should file.

Damn, with this many owners experiencing it, all it'll take is for one journo to get pissed off with Toyota to create a backlash of Mitsubishi-esque proportions.

I applaud Toyota for actually admitting their quality and design problems with their other recalls, but why are they so quiet about this one? They've issued a dozen recalls on different vehicles since the Fortuner came out, and they haven't hurt sales at all...

If Toyota doesn't solve it completely, and if they continue to try to address it silently, this is going to blow up in their face.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ...I applaud Toyota for actually admitting their quality and design problems with their other recalls, but why are they so quiet about this one? They've issued a dozen recalls on different vehicles since the Fortuner came out, and they haven't hurt sales at all...

If Toyota doesn't solve it completely, and if they continue to try to address it silently, this is going to blow up in their face.
    Maybe Toyota is hesitant to initiate a recall because they haven't pinpointed beyond doubt the cause and solution to the problem.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Just a thought - The Fortuner was launched not only in the Philippines but to what I know also in South Africa, Dubai, Thailand and Malaysia.. Are the D4D problems only being reported here in the Philippines? If the problem is inherent with the engine design then it should exist elsewhere. An issue with the D4D engine that affects the global market will definitely prompt Toyota to do a recall.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem MAY have to do with the engine and the fuel.

That is, local fuel is not tolerated by the system.

But then again, why introduce and engine in a market where you know that the fuel is incompatible? Aren't manufacturers supposed to do testing on these vehicles prior to launch?

Take Mitsu, they didin't push going GDI in the U.S. because U.S. fuel did not meet the GDI engine's requirements.

Yes, there are some posters from overseas with D4d problems.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    last week i saw an innova sa edsa near kalayaan na ready for towing. and guess what? its a D4D!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    a letter I sent a while ago to C! Magazine. Hope i gets printed on the next issue..

Hi C! Magazine staffers and editors! I enjoy reading all your magazines and I own 6 issues and read them repeatedly. Well I'm writing a letter today to air the sentiments of us Toyota D4D diesel owners, member or non-member of Tsikot.com. I own a Toyota Fortuner 2.5D4D. During the break-in period, the vehicle had hard starting problems. The engine would start then die after initial start-up. To make the engine running, we had to press the accelerator for a minute and the engine would return to normal idling. At first it happens during cold start-ups but after a few days it happens even when the engine is hot. During the vehicle's 1000 km PMS we told the service advisor about the problem he said that they would reprogram the vehicle's ECU. After that the choking problem of my Fortuner vanished. After running for 11,000 km, the choking problem reappeared. I immediately took my vehicle to the dealer and they said they would replaced the supply pump which they found out is the one causing the problem. After the replacement the choking problem never appeared again but I'm still observing it because maybe it would reappear again. This did not happen only to me, it also happened to some of my fellow forumers in Tsikot.com and also some non-members. The affected units are the Innova and the Fortuner, the case of Fortuner both 2.5 and 3.0D4D. The worst thing happened is to a forumer in 4x4ph.com, his Fortuner 3.0D4D stalled while cruising the North Luzon Expressway. This not happened only once on him, it happened a second time while he was cruising Buendia Ave. Toyota should not address this problem silently, they should issue a public recall of D4D Innovas and Fortuners before things could get worse. It is hurting their "legendary reliability". Paging Toyota!

P.S.
    Please withheld my name to protect my interests and other D4D owners.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Of course they are doing something. THEY ARE DENYING THE PROBLEM EXISTS!

Toyota D4D engine woes