New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 116 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reprogramming the ECU?

watch out for a higher fuel consumption though... they might be taking the safe side of having a richer fuel-air mixture to prevent stalling.

hopefully they iron this out ASAP since the streets are flooded with D4D vehicles that are approaching the end of their warranty periods.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *double dang-it post*

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    reprogramming the ECU?

watch out for a higher fuel consumption though... they might be taking the safe side of having a richer fuel-air mixture to prevent stalling.

hopefully they iron this out ASAP since the streets are flooded with D4D vehicles that are approaching the end of their warranty periods.
    Hmmmm... but will they make this one a "silent" recall, also? Like Chevrolet did with the Optra ECU?

It sucks being a car owner here, and the companies so secretive about defects! :twak2 (Like the simple-to-fix CPS on the Lynx)...

----

On the bright side, this might be the final resolution to the D4D problem... which might deserve a separate sticky.

----

RE: Fuel quality... there might just be something there. Of all the D4D owners I know here in Laguna, none have a problem. Most regularly fill up at one of the new plaza-style gas stations on the South Super Highway, which, I assume, still have clean tanks and good pumps. One guy I interviewed just hit 50k kms on his Hilux.
    Last edited by niky; October 16th, 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Silent recall you say?

That brings back memories of the front disc brake problem of the Rav4. No recall, no TSB, etc. They replaced that when they suggested that my front pads were already thin at just 25K km of use. Now the vehicle has just passed 75K km and the front pads are still as thick as a carabao's hide.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    What about if you try to reprogram your ECU afte lapse of warranty period, may bayad na ba yun? dapat FREE reprogram pa rin yan as part of customer service....

WBR,
    Mura lang naman yong nakalagay sa computer form 112 petot lang.
    Kaya kung gusto mo ng Upgrade from time to time just like ur celphone pwede.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    reprogramming the ECU?

FC still the same 7 to 7.5km/Lt. on city driving that is 40-60kph speed.
    I hope that this will solve the problem kasi it is cheaper and easier to do than replacing the injertor's and supply pumps.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Mura lang naman yong nakalagay sa computer form 112 petot lang.
    Kaya kung gusto mo ng Upgrade from time to time just like ur celphone pwede.

FC still the same 7 to 7.5km/Lt. on city driving that is 40-60kph speed.
    I hope that this will solve the problem kasi it is cheaper and easier to do than replacing the injertor's and supply pumps.
    Question: Can you see any version listed on the programmer while yours is undergoing reprogramming?? Parang yun sa mga celfone just in case of sample...

ANd base on your pic, only one wire is connected to the ECU? so yung ECU malapit sa steering column since mukhang sa driver seat located yung gadget(programmer)?

WBR,
    Last edited by Innova_Boy; October 16th, 2006 at 11:58 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa diagnostic port ata naka-connect.

Even on vehicles with ECU's in the engine compartment or behind the glove box, the port is still usually in the driver's area.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    anong firmware version na daw yan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    anong firmware version na daw yan?
    :funny:

pindutin dapat *#war0anty# para malaman...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I strongly believe (now) that the most probable cause of the failure is the ECU's (which is also the common problem of other car manufacturers). I don't know much with mechanical side. But, pump, injectors and other mechanical parts are being suspected to be the reason of failure in the early stage??? Talagang masisira ang Toyota, unless they consulted the manufacturer of the ECU's.
    I hope Larshell experienced will give us HOPE that the occurrence of fault will only take PhP112 to solve it. Thank you bro for continuing sharing vital informations. Mabuhay ka!

Toyota D4D engine woes