New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 114 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    that's another way but that worsens the already bad fuel mileage of the Fort.
    And probably uneven tire wear?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    userfriendly, thanks for the advise. by the way, what unit did you bought, if I may ask.

my friend is offering me his '02 starex which has a low mileage of only 32k. am still torn between buying a brand new or taking my friend's starex which is older than my current '03 van

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    number001

thanks for the input, i would surely consider your suggestion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Whether or not the problems afflicts only the mostly 2005 engines accdg to your own obsevations, pls dont take the risk bec. it is not worth it. It is also so hard to ask for warranty work/repair from Toyota.
    I just read din sa thread that d-4d installed in the 2005 models experienced that "chocking problem". However, I have not read anything from innova owner who acquired their units in the later part of 2005 and early this year. I do not know if Toyota did something to correct that problem or not.

Na "Love at First Sight" kasi kami ng wife ko sa Innova since it first came out kaya lang yung van namin was relatively new pa that time kaya we decided to delay buying it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jomer314 View Post
    userfriendly, thanks for the advise. by the way, what unit did you bought, if I may ask.

my friend is offering me his '02 starex which has a low mileage of only 32k. am still torn between buying a brand new or taking my friend's starex which is older than my current '03 van
    i'm waiting for the avaza

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jomer314 View Post
    I just read din sa thread that d-4d installed in the 2005 models experienced that "chocking problem". However, I have not read anything from innova owner who acquired their units in the later part of 2005 and early this year. I do not know if Toyota did something to correct that problem or not.

Na "Love at First Sight" kasi kami ng wife ko sa Innova since it first came out kaya lang yung van namin was relatively new pa that time kaya we decided to delay buying it.
    Sayang naman if you would not buy the Innova E just because of this thread. I own an Innova E since April 2005, I just had my 20K PMS. No problems so far except my HU (CD MP3) which was replaced. I can attest to the reliability of the innova D4D, I get more than 12K per liter at heavy traffic, ie. Alabang Zapote road everyday from Manila coastal road! Also please remember that since last year more than 1200 units of Innova are sold every month and 90% are D4D's. If you read this thread not even 10 innovas are experiencing the so called choke problems! There are more or less 20000 units out there already, and as of now the so called choking D4D's are not even .01% of the total! Sayang talaga if you will base your decision on this thread and not benefit from the advantages of a D4D engine. Also if you investigate this thread always the same people are complaining of the problem since last year, makes you wonder di ba?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    Sayang naman if you would not buy the Innova E just because of this thread. I own an Innova E since April 2005, I just had my 20K PMS. No problems so far except my HU (CD MP3) which was replaced. I can attest to the reliability of the innova D4D, I get more than 12K per liter at heavy traffic, ie. Alabang Zapote road everyday from Manila coastal road! Also please remember that since last year more than 1200 units of Innova are sold every month and 90% are D4D's. If you read this thread not even 10 innovas are experiencing the so called choke problems! There are more or less 20000 units out there already, and as of now the so called choking D4D's are not even .01% of the total! Sayang talaga if you will base your decision on this thread and not benefit from the advantages of a D4D engine. Also if you investigate this thread always the same people are complaining of the problem since last year, makes you wonder di ba?
    nice one!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that's bec. this forum is not the Phils. there are only 18K members here. and i highly doubt that each one of us owns one of the 20k innova on the streets today.

I dont own one hehehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    same here also, only complain was the CD MP3 player...

Am one of the highly satisfied Innova D4D lover and user.....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    you made my day agreyes7110. this is what i am really hoping to read in this thread, a satisfied innova owner. thank you. i now have something to share with my wife.

I am really hesitant to get that 02' starex my friend is offering me. however the few threads that I have read with negative feedbacks on the d-4d made me think twice about buying an innova.

thanks again.

Toyota D4D engine woes