New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Guys, so naayos na ba ito ng toyota o hindi pa? Kasi misis ko eh naniniwala dun sa sales rep na 1st batch lang yung may problem and solved na daw. For me, takot ako sa D4D.

Were buying a car sa toyota event this weekend. I want an Avanza (if available) or Vios, she wants a diesel Innova. Kung solved na baka ok na ang innova pero kung hindi ...
    Better not take the risk. Never believe any sales agent bec. they only care about their quotas and comissions and nothing else. They'll tell you anything just to sell something. Once you have problems, they will be no where to be found.

If you really want to get an Innova, the VVT-i is a good choice. Better NOT gamble with the D4-D.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=4]what i heared is 2.5 D4D ingines only chokes but for the 3.0 wala naman kasi ang 1KD engine is bieng used by land cruiser prado in japan since year 2000 so far my ingine (1KD)di pa naman [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But diesel in Japan is one of the world's cleanest. Cleaner than Europe and the U.S.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^I thought some posters here ( I dont remember them) suggested or even postulated that the quality of diesel fuel in the Philippines has nothing to do with the "problem".

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire View Post
    i tried shell diesel this week. i noticed that the takatakataka noise lessened, and the idling was smoother. any ideas?

does anyone know cetane rating of diesels here?

I am using shell for more than 8yrs na so far i have'nt encounter any problem with isuzu, mitsubishi and toyota, sa hilux ko ok naman pino ang andar di naman nag chochoke baka sa 2.5 lang yan di pa naman kasi proven sa japan ang 2kd sa thailand lang yata at dito sa atin ginamit yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not exactly stating that diesel is definitely the problem. But since the involvement of fuel quality has neither been confirmed nor refuted, I'm just making a comment on Japanese diesel quality.

Their fuel is so good that they have ads in Europe advising against buying parallel imports from Japan stating the Japanese engine's intolerance of Euro standard fuel as the reason.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Guys, so naayos na ba ito ng toyota o hindi pa? Kasi misis ko eh naniniwala dun sa sales rep na 1st batch lang yung may problem and solved na daw. For me, takot ako sa D4D.

Were buying a car sa toyota event this weekend. I want an Avanza (if available) or Vios, she wants a diesel Innova. Kung solved na baka ok na ang innova pero kung hindi ...
    Kung ako, hindi ako susugal.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    peeps, ang may problema talaga daw according to toyota ay ang denso fuel supply pump. have seen units sa casa na pinapalitan ng pump. also, my friend who handles spare parts at toyota confirmed this. it's not the diesel that's causing the choking/stalling problem

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sana magorder na yung Toyota ng recall sa mga affected units. Kawawa consumers na bumili ng more than 1million petot vehicle tapos ititirik ka lang.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hanggan sana na lang pag dito sa pinas yan....

WBR,

Toyota D4D engine woes