New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai uses Bosch and Delphi CRDi systems (Starex in particular is Bosch, I think).

Maybe the Denso guys who supply the Toyota plant in Thailand can answer why their systems are so f*cked up.

Is German (Bosch) engineering really that far ahead compared to the Japanese?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    UP ko lang mga sir...

kamusta na mga previous engines na nag ka problem? i hope ok na.

wala ba nag ka problem na 3.0 ang engine? puro ba 2.5 lang?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i have a hilux 3.0 D4D, i never had a problem. i also use petron.

my friend who used seaoil on his first fill suffered engine problems. engine choked, it would restart but choked again. he started diluting seaoil with petron every chance he got till he got 100% petron. so far, his D4D is still running without being serviced by toyota.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    guys look at what i found in wikipedia:

Toyota KD engine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Toyota KD engine series is a diesel engine, produced by Toyota, which appeared in 2006.

1KD-FTV

First appeared in the 2000, the 1KD-FTV is one of the newest engines build by Toyota. 1KD-FTV a 3.0L (2982cc) straight-4 common rail variable nozzle coupled with a 32-bit ECU and Multi Pilot Injection System, diesel engine Turbo diesel engine with an Intercooler. It has 16 valves and a DOHC (double overhead camshaft). Bore is 96 mm and stroke is 103 mm. It powers 170 hp(125 kW) at 3400 rpm, and 253 ft·lbf of torque at 1800-3400 rpm. Redline of this engine is at 4200 RPM. Compression ratio is 17.9:1. This engine uses D-4D electronic Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology, produces ultra high pressure, which is about 8 times more than the pressure of the normal fuel injection system. This combined with the 32-bit ECU which controls fuel quantity, valve-timing, and accurate pressure at different engine revolutions result in the most fuel economy and also in the full utilization of power, whether it is during taking off or during taking over, without having to drag the engine revolution to the maximum. Making the achievement with the fuel consumption 11% more effective compared to its predecessor 1KZ-TE engine thus 17% more powerful. Fuel consumption is also 12% more effective than the all new Toyota Hybrid engines. The Pilot Injection System helps smooth engine running like sitting in saloon cars. The noise level is only 49 decibels at the idle speed. The Pilot Injection System produces fuel injection in advance before the main injection starts working, reducing Ignition Lag Time and resulting in continuous and complete combustion. Noise from ignition is also reduced.

This engine was first used in Toyota Land Cruiser Prado and now used in the Toyota Fortuner.

2KD-FTV

The 2KD-FTV is the 2nd generation of the KD engine with a smaller 2.5L (2494 cc) straight-4 common rail variable nozzle turbo coupled with a 32-bit ECU and Multi Pilot Injection System, diesel engine. Like 1KD-FTV, it has 16 valves and is a DOHC engine. Bore is 92 mm and stroke is 93.8 mm. It powers 102 hp (75 kW) at 3600 rpm and 191.7 ft·lbf of torque at 1600-2400 rpm. Redline of this engine is 4400 RPM. This engine also uses D-4D Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology. An intercooler will be introduced next year into this engine.

Used in Toyota Hilux and also Toyota Fortuner and also in Toyota Hiace.

lalabas kaya dito un 2.5L with intercooler?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    UP ko lang mga sir...

kamusta na mga previous engines na nag ka problem? i hope ok na.

wala ba nag ka problem na 3.0 ang engine? puro ba 2.5 lang?
    So far ok naman unit ko after reprogramming. Basahin mo nalang yong buong thread regarding 3.0 trouble. Bahala ka na kung maniniwala ka.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire View Post

my friend who used seaoil on his first fill suffered engine problems. engine choked, it would restart but choked again. he started diluting seaoil with petron every chance he got till he got 100% petron. so far, his D4D is still running without being serviced by toyota.
    Si Lord solid petron sya dati at 16k ODO reading nagka trouble yong Innova nya. Ngayon yata Seaoil ang gamit nya or flying-v. IMHO Wala siguro kinalaman yong problema ng D4d sa fuel natin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far ok naman unit ko after reprogramming. Basahin mo nalang yong buong thread regarding 3.0 trouble. Bahala ka na kung maniniwala ka.
    u mean to say wala nang ginalaw na mechanical parts? basta computer reprogram nalang? ano naman napansin mong difference? maybe in terms of fuel consumption, power, etc...?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post
    u mean to say wala nang ginalaw na mechanical parts? basta computer reprogram nalang? ano naman napansin mong difference? maybe in terms of fuel consumption, power, etc...?
    Yes, Walang ginalaw sa Mecahinical di tulad nung una. Sa power and FC wala masyado pinagbago kasi ang problem lang naman talaga Hard/failed starting lang.
    White smoke nawala and yong takataka noise nabawasan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire View Post

i tried shell diesel this week. i noticed that the takatakataka noise lessened, and the idling was smoother. any ideas?

does anyone know cetane rating of diesels here?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Guys, so naayos na ba ito ng toyota o hindi pa? Kasi misis ko eh naniniwala dun sa sales rep na 1st batch lang yung may problem and solved na daw. For me, takot ako sa D4D.

Were buying a car sa toyota event this weekend. I want an Avanza (if available) or Vios, she wants a diesel Innova. Kung solved na baka ok na ang innova pero kung hindi ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    luck of the draw man, no one can really say if it's fixed or not.

:fly:

Toyota D4D engine woes