New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 110 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even Kia solved the Picanto's stalling problem quite easily. I just went to the right dealer.

It's hard to come up with figures since only Toyota knows. But I do know a lot of people who are having buyer's remorse with their Fortuners. Not just the ones with stalling problems.

Units with less than 1,000kms are being put up for sale at Php150k off the retail price.

Kasi panay ang tira sa fortuner
    Wala namang atang 'tumitira' sa Fortuner. Napapagusapan lang ang quality issues.

I think meron din ibang units na may problema
    Siyempre hindi naman 100% perfect ang mga sasakyan. Ang problema lang sa Toyota, mukhang napadami ang may magkakaparehong problema. Compounded by the fact that Toyota does not seem to want to come up or spend for a definite solution to the problem. Puro runaround. Dirty diesel, reprogram natin, etc. Kung hindi mo pa pag-iinitan ng ulo, hindi aayusin.

Kung may problema, ayusin nila. Even Mercedes Benz issued a recall on MB100's just to replace ALL the door handle mechanisms because they MIGHT fail. They also recalled the air intake because it MIGHT allow water ingestion. Hindi na inantay na may masira o ano pa man. Inayos na lang at no cost to the client.

When I had stalling issues with the Picanto, I also checked out with the Kia Forums. Pero walang ibang forumers with the same issue. Some had different issues (non-engine) but were also handled by the dealership quite well.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm.... We have a 2.5 d4d Innova so far wala naman problems. It's already clocked in at around 30++t kms.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    peeps, marami pa bang namomoblema sa d4d? kasi kung isolated cases na lang malamang maging complacent na ang toyota. kasi kung more than 30% of all d4d owners ang may problem, nag-recall na siguro ang toyota.
    Earlier in this thread I mention that 2 Hi-ace and 1 Hi-Lux then after them ako naman ang ni reprogram that is in TQA. Pang apat ako sa pila. According to the technician that around 40% of D4d that TQA have been sold is coming back with the same problem. Hindi daw nawawalan ng ganitong case araw-araw pinaka konti dalwa sa buong araw. IMO ayaw lang talaga ng Toyota mag recall.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Hmm.... We have a 2.5 d4d Innova so far wala naman problems. It's already clocked in at around 30++t kms.

I'm also wondering..... If Diesel is the culprit for this problem why is it that not all D4d has this problem?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If you notice these are the same persons since last year who had problems with their unit and these problems keep repeating also on the same persons, strange isn't it?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm just wandering why TOYOTA could not reach into final conclusion into this issues or maybe they don't mind about this very long thread on D4D problem. according to Toyota Bel Air they will have some upgrade on their FORTUNER, like OEM leather seats from Toyota Thailand and others. I hope on their engines na , to solve the ongoing D4D issues

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by precor_88
    Kasi panay ang tira sa fortuner eh
    Innova po ang karamihang may D4D problem dito.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Today I got to talk to a foreman in one of the Toyota owned dealers. He said it is standard procedure to reprogram the ECU (for D4-D problems) because the previous expensive replacements failed to cure the problems.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Innova po ang karamihang may D4D problem dito.
    And Fortuners with the same 2.5 li engine (as the Innova's). A friend's Fortuner has the "problem" .

Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    If you notice these are the same persons since last year who had problems with their unit and these problems keep repeating also on the same persons, strange isn't it?

Its not strange at all. It is obvious Toyota failed to solve the problem despite all the work they did replacing the CRDi system initially, followed by the injectors, and now reprogramming of the ECU. No amount of fixing can cover for an inherent problem unless it is solved permanently.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    just want to asked, i might be in the wrong thread, but i dnt think ive read any starex CRDi having problems with their engines.i guess i just want to know what is the main difference that makes the toyota D4d prone to the mentioned problems and why the hyundai starex dnt seem to have problems with their CRDi engines... thank u

Toyota D4D engine woes