New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 108 of 203 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Sa kabilang forum, gulping-gulpi na ang Honda dahil sa isang Civic with paint problems na sinisi nila sa bird droppings and exhaust smoke. They refuse to replace the car kasi raw "it doesn't impair the car's functionality".

Dito sa Toyota, ang scapegoat naman nila is the diesel in our country. If we follow Honda's reasoning, dapat pala palitan na ng Toyota yang mga defective D4Ds kasi impaired na functionality nila (won't start, hard starting, stalling, etc.) but then, baka defective din yung maipalit.
    imho honda has a point in saying that a paint prob doesn't impair the car's functionality. but as for toyota? parang wala pako nababalitaan na nagc-claim for a refund.. its a legit ground for asking one, if we go by honda's reasoning as pointed out.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    same experience here down south mindanao. Innova ng family friend namin,
    wala pa isang buwan ayaw umandar, kaya ayun nakastambay ng isang linggo. Malayo pa naman ang casa sa amin halos 5hrs ang travel. At ang pinakamasakit pa dun, eh financing pa ang kuha nila sa sasakyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    I dont know about Hyundai but maybe masyadong konti lang ang tsikoteer na Hyundai owner. But I have a few friends that owns Starex w/ CRDi engine wala naman silang complain...
    Don't worry. If our CRDI Starex vans start having engine trouble, we'll make it a point to post about it on the Hyundai Starex thread.

For what it's worth, I also have friends who own D4D Innovas, and they haven't had any engine trouble either. I hope Toyota realizes its responsibility to resolve this matter expediently as its reputation will continue to suffer until it does so.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_ldc760 View Post
    wala pa isang buwan ayaw umandar, kaya ayun nakastambay ng isang linggo. Malayo pa naman ang casa sa amin halos 5hrs ang travel. At ang pinakamasakit pa dun, eh financing pa ang kuha nila sa sasakyan.
    Di ba pwede mag request ng service unit pag ganyan kalayo ang casa sa bahay niyo diyan sa mindanao?? Ang hirap kasi ng ganyan situation sa inyo....

WBR,
    Last edited by Innova_Boy; August 30th, 2006 at 06:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_ldc760 View Post
    Masuwerte pa pala ako

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys look at what i found in wikipedia:

Toyota KD engine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Toyota KD engine series is a diesel engine, produced by Toyota, which appeared in 2006.

1KD-FTV

First appeared in the 2000, the 1KD-FTV is one of the newest engines build by Toyota. 1KD-FTV a 3.0L (2982cc) straight-4 common rail variable nozzle coupled with a 32-bit ECU and Multi Pilot Injection System, diesel engine Turbo diesel engine with an Intercooler. It has 16 valves and a DOHC (double overhead camshaft). Bore is 96 mm and stroke is 103 mm. It powers 170 hp(125 kW) at 3400 rpm, and 253 ft·lbf of torque at 1800-3400 rpm. Redline of this engine is at 4200 RPM. Compression ratio is 17.9:1. This engine uses D-4D electronic Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology, produces ultra high pressure, which is about 8 times more than the pressure of the normal fuel injection system. This combined with the 32-bit ECU which controls fuel quantity, valve-timing, and accurate pressure at different engine revolutions result in the most fuel economy and also in the full utilization of power, whether it is during taking off or during taking over, without having to drag the engine revolution to the maximum. Making the achievement with the fuel consumption 11% more effective compared to its predecessor 1KZ-TE engine thus 17% more powerful. Fuel consumption is also 12% more effective than the all new Toyota Hybrid engines. The Pilot Injection System helps smooth engine running like sitting in saloon cars. The noise level is only 49 decibels at the idle speed. The Pilot Injection System produces fuel injection in advance before the main injection starts working, reducing Ignition Lag Time and resulting in continuous and complete combustion. Noise from ignition is also reduced.

This engine was first used in Toyota Land Cruiser Prado and now used in the Toyota Fortuner.

2KD-FTV

The 2KD-FTV is the 2nd generation of the KD engine with a smaller 2.5L (2494 cc) straight-4 common rail variable nozzle turbo coupled with a 32-bit ECU and Multi Pilot Injection System, diesel engine. Like 1KD-FTV, it has 16 valves and is a DOHC engine. Bore is 92 mm and stroke is 93.8 mm. It powers 102 hp (75 kW) at 3600 rpm and 191.7 ft·lbf of torque at 1600-2400 rpm. Redline of this engine is 4400 RPM. This engine also uses D-4D Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology. An intercooler will be introduced next year into this engine.

Used in Toyota Hilux and also Toyota Fortuner and also in Toyota Hiace.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I agree with Larshell the D4D problem are not unique with 2.5 engines only but also on 3.0 kasi sa aming locality dalawa kami got the same problem, in the previous thread may I quote Numbah5 sabi niya malas lang ako naka problema sa Fortuner 3.0, For me the main problem is the Denso Supply Pump kapag maka problema pa they change the ECU

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    toyota reliability is a myth.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bolantoy
    Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, parepareho lang silang lahat. Maganda lang ang marketing ng Toyota worldwide kaya marami silang nabrainwash about its supposed reliability. Swertehan lang talaga sa bawat model.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bolantoy View Post
    Buti kung myth. Ngayon parang lie na. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Toyota D4D engine woes