New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 105 of 203 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TROOPERZ View Post
    hi guys
    i just got mine last week fortuner 2.5 diesel....i ask my friend from toyota and they say na fix the raw ng planta yun problem re-2.5 d4d...sana nga totoo..
    Of course, he'll say that. He works for the company. hehehe. How can the plant fix it when all they do is assemble? It's a supplier problem, not an assembly error.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's true. They wont say that the problem dont exist anymore or else the consumer wont buy their product. I hope it wont happen to you but be more cautious and if the problem occurs send it back to your dealer for their immediate action before it gets worse. Plus, its under warranty.. Enjoy your new ride bro!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *TROOPERZ

For more info and discussions anything about your new fortuner please visit our club's (Fortuner Club Philippines) website www.fortunerclub.net.ph. We would be glad to have you there. Chow!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I was at TQA earlier today and i talk to Mr. Jimmy Sanorias (Warranty evaluator of TQA) I told him that My Innova D4d is Hard/failed starting again. Immediately He reprogram my ECU. This is different w/ Initialization coz it took 15min. He told me that this is what they do now reprogramming D4d's ECU. Before they use Intelligent tester now they use Intelligent tester-II(parang movie may part II ) He told me that Toyota found out that due to the dirty Diesel here in the Phil. supply pump needs more pressure. That's what the second program do gives higher pressure to the pump. He let me read the memo that he got from TMPC. I took some pics of the memo using my cellphone coz he wont let me have a copy but the problem is i don't know how to transfer pics from my cellphone to PC.

I ask Him "May recall ba?" He replied "wala sir kasi po walang order ang TMPC"

I also saw 2 Hi-ace and a Hi-lux all w/ D4d 2.5 engine reprogram before me I'm 4th in line.

I ask Him another question "Why is that not all D4d having this problem?" He replied "Maybe they already have program II"

What do you think peeps? Is this really the solution to this problem? But they give a very convincing assurance that this problem will not happen again. I'm praying that this is it.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    In your case, and to prove Sanorias' claim, all you can do is wait and hope that the problem doesn't resurface.

Btw, I saw a stalled Innova D4-D yesterday at Tagaytay, near Starbucks. I had a short chat with the driver, and he told me that the car suddenly lost power and he couldn't get it to start. It only had 4,000 kilometers on the odometer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Larshell...

Seems that they are still dodging the problem.

Let them define what "dirty diesel" is in the first place.

The diesel fuel sold here in the Philippines is already Euro II compliant.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    As usual palusot nanaman ang Toyota...

OT: they havent replaced my foggy headlights yet, instead they used an electic fan to dry it. I think Toyota or other manufacturer here are quite reluctant to repair or replace anything even if its been proven defective and under warranty.
    Last edited by number001; August 29th, 2006 at 06:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    What do you think peeps? Is this really the solution to this problem? But they give a very convincing assurance that this problem will not happen again. I'm praying that this is it.
    pagkatapos ba ng reprogramming ay 1 click na lang pag start?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just curious: I know that manufacturers conduct road tests overseas before they launch a new vehicle. Do they also perform exhaustive and rigid controlled tests in the market country prior to launch, or is it more of a "if it's good enough for [insert test country here], it's good enough for the Philippines" attitude?

Also, how many kilometers are test vehicles made to run before they consider the platform to be roadworthy?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I was at TQA earlier today and i talk to Mr. Jimmy Sanorias (Warranty evaluator of TQA)...
    ...He told me that Toyota found out that due to the dirty Diesel here in the Phil. supply pump needs more pressure. That's what the second program do gives higher pressure to the pump.

If the diesel here in the Phils is really the culprit, why are the other diesel vehicles unaffected/asymptomatic?? Kahit nga yung mga minamaliit na Hyundai at Kia vehicles walang ganyang problema. I'm no expert but I can't seem to buy that claim that an ECU reprogram can increase pressure to the pump.

And they've been assuring you since the 1st, 2nd & countless number of times you've been to them that the problem won't happen again pero ano nangyari?

Anyway, sana nga you've seen the last of your D4D woes. Goodluck!

Toyota D4D engine woes