New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 203 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    I'll be getting my 4x2 2.5D4d fortuner hopefully in a few weeks time and i'm really bothered by some comments of our fellow tsikoteers re problems with their d4ds, the so-called "choking" problem. it's quite odd for a new engine to experience irregularities. i'm afraid if a lot of d4d owners will soon experience this engine trouble then toyota might recall these vehicles. just want to hear your comments. thanks.
    In my case I purchased last April 24, 2006 at TAI my 3.0 misfortune and brought to the province with the millage of 1500 km experience fuel knocking and tmp came over to change the whole D4D system that include supply pump but after 10 days of not hearing the unusual sound on the eleven day bumalik, i called them and told me they want to come back to change the supply pump and D4D system again, I told them no more, I want return of the unit.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    so did they refund you?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JERRY M
    In my case I purchased last April 24, 2006 at TAI my 3.0 misfortune and brought to the province with the millage of 1500 km experience fuel knocking and tmp came over to change the whole D4D system that include supply pump but after 10 days of not hearing the unusual sound on the eleven day bumalik, i called them and told me they want to come back to change the supply pump and D4D system again, I told them no more, I want return of the unit.
    Wow! You are the first actual 3.0V case here. Very scarey... To think, your unit is already part of the newest Fort batches, having been purchased April this year. Please give us more details.

'Di kaya lemon unit yan?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Diesel fuel is one factor but Toyota should know this! Im having this problem wd my Innova G diesel and my ODO reading is 5057 only. I also owned 4jx1 Trooper 65k na nagloko ang engine. Dapat kung hindi compatible ang mga engine na ito di sila dapat naglabas dito!Kung hindi pa kayo nakakabili ng D4D wag nalang kayo bumili.

You are right but the problem I was not able to read this forum before I boughr my 3.0 D4D misfortune, Toyota is in there infant stage using the CRDi- D4D system

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You are right but the problem I was not able to read this forum before I boughr my 3.0 D4D misfortune, Toyota is in there infant stage using the CRDi- D4D system
    Were you successful in having the unit replaced altogether?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Im sorry to hear that Bro. Actually you are not the first one to have trouble
    with 3.0D4d I know someone that have trouble with 3.0D4d also.

If you can somehow show a proof of the repair that been made to your unit it will be appreciate by alot of peeps here. This will confirm that trouble with D4d is not unique w/ 2.5 D4D only.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Im sorry to hear that Bro. Actually you are not the first one to have trouble
    with 3.0D4d I know someone that have trouble with 3.0D4d also.

If you can somehow show a proof of the repair that been made to your unit it will be appreciate by alot of peeps here. This will confirm that trouble with D4d is not unique w/ 2.5 D4D only.
    Yes, we do need proof... Lalo't ako, 'coz my unit is a 1 year old 3.0 D4-D that's logged over 13TKms.

Information you can provide will be most helpful to those of us who also have 3.0Vs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Yes, we do need proof... Lalo't ako, 'coz my unit is a 1 year old 3.0 D4-D that's logged over 13TKms.

Information you can provide will be most helpful to those of us who also have 3.0Vs.

I will write more after I will solve my problem kasi on process pa...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    JERRY M, Balitaan mo kami dito para naman makatulong tayo sa Future Fortuner owner's at least kahit sa mga taga tsikot lang.If you can scan or take a picture of the white computer form that toyota is giving to those claimed warranty and post it here that is more than enough proof. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    over 12k kms on our innova G, still sweet

Toyota D4D engine woes