New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 92 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    3Kings, Good Luck! Sa migration mo. If you are selling your Innova na pa PM nalang may mga friend ako na gusto bumili ng Innova.

Lord, I will check my supply pump. Makikita ba yong number's kahit naka install na yong supply pump?Thanks for the info.
    Ndi ko sure kung makikita... pero baka pwede kasi na-inspect ng tga marikina eh.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lord, Will check it bukas weekend tama lang Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This is the first time i buy Toyota unfotunately PALPAK he he he
    :bwahaha: Kaya ako never bumili ng Toyota. Maganda intention nila offering this IMV vehicles to make it affordable pero seems quality is unreliable. Maganda nga mukha pero bulok pala ang reliability points. Para syang timebomb waiting to explode ...tsk tsk tsk/

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi guys, just got back from Toyota Marikina. It takes almost a day to replace the supply pump together with the fuel filter. It is a SOP to replace alos the fuel filter when replacing or changing the supply pump. They charge me of the fuel filter. It's about Php 360.

I managed also to force them to consider replacing the plastic/rubber molding around my two pillars. Mejo madali mabaklas kasi. I'll go back there tomorrow and hopefully the warranty officer will agree. Guys, 1 month pala ang warranty for their PMS. Say, ngpalinis ka ng brakes and before reaching 1 month and you feel there is a problem like a little noise, Toyota would be happy to inspect if not re-do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    :bwahaha: Kaya ako never bumili ng Toyota. Maganda intention nila offering this IMV vehicles to make it affordable pero seems quality is unreliable. Maganda nga mukha pero bulok pala ang reliability points. Para syang timebomb waiting to explode ...tsk tsk tsk/
    Just like to comment on this: Even though I am one of the owners who have experience such problem, i think it is not just to judge or conclude about the unreliability of Toyota. It is but normal that new devices, equipment, cars and even technologies may have their own flaws and shortcomings that's why continuous research and developmet is needed. What happened with the fuel system in the D4D [particularly in the Philippines] it became problematic. This maybe with the dirty Diesel products being distributed in our country [as many of us think or would like to think]. For me, since I already own such unit, I would be happy to know that Toyota as a whole is taking action on this. It may not be a recall [since it is to costly for them or for other reasons we don't know] or Toyota may not be vocal about this, but to be provided with reasonable statements/commitments [as a result in their RND locally or worlwide] or be entertained justly if I have complaints, I think I will live with that.

I am posting my experiences so others may know and it's up to every individual to weigh things in their own. This maybe beneficial to those future owners of INNOVA. They may think that the status of D4D could be remedied out and that the future D4D would be better or they may think the other way around. Only time will tell. =)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Just wondering, where is your destination abroad?
    sunshine state-florida, USA

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    3Kings, Good Luck! Sa migration mo. If you are selling your Innova na pa PM nalang may mga friend ako na gusto bumili ng Innova.
    sure larshell, will do.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    3Kings,
    Will wait sa PM GoodLuck!

Lord,
    Have you check if the no. of the supply pump is visible if installed?
    Hindi ko kasi makita yong no. Thanks

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    *lord, di ba nag-iba yung idling? coz mine when the pump replaced, pakiramdam ko naging rough yung idling, unlike the original pump, mas matining siya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Nice try...
    Last edited by patron; June 4th, 2006 at 12:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its nice to hear that somehow na solve na rin ang problem. i've been reading this thread straight from page 20 until 46 for two hours na. hehe
    for us, we have already 12000+ kms on our odometer, 2.5 D4D engine also. so far so good naman, we already went as far as batangas bicol sorsogon with no problems whatsoever. maybe we are part of the luckier ones. Still, im afraid that this problem may hit us sometime in the future. one thing though, I'm really impressed with our innova. From the first day i drove it home from shaw, i was surprised about its performance, almost performing like a gas engine in terms of acceleration. this is in reference to our previous ownership of diesel engines with the mitsubishi L200 and starex 2.5 TDIC.

most of all, we are happy about its fuel economy, always reaching 13-14kms/liter CITY DRIVING. funny thing is, when we took it to the highway for our holy week trip, fuel economy did not change much, still ranging aroud the 14-15kms/liter, even though higway na. based on the fuel meter we always get 200kms for each of the 1/4 intervals.

i have one question rin about the PMS of toyota. all throughout the posts here, i havent seen one who mentioned this: during the PMS, does ur service adviser include the "ENGINE TREATMENT" and "FUEL TREATMENT" into the parts cost? at first, i thought this was really part of the toyota pms system, as in standard and required for the PMS. i even asked the sa, and he said yes it was standard. after leaving the car, i went back and asked if i could see a sample of those bottles they wanted to put in. behold, they were some sort of "aftermarket" additives that one can buy of the shelves of diy stores. being a long time automobile enthusiast, im sure that isnt part of toyota, probably only another money making scheme of toyota. i then asked the SA about those again, then bigla he said "optional lang naman eh". this is pure bull$hit. is this scheme of theirs a way so they can prevent those expensive warranty claims??? from experience and research before, i know any kind of "additive/cleaners" of this sort is not recomended.

so did any of u experience this? this happened at the 10,000kms check up. at the 5000kms checkup, only the "diesel engine additive" was there, so i asked "bat dati sa 5000 wla yn fuel treatment?" I dont even want to post his stupid answer here. Anyway, i didnt even know about this as the SAs dont mention these additives, it is only because each and everytime i go there, i always ask for an estimate as well as a breakdown of the parts cost. it was there i saw these additives, almost reaching P1000.00. This 5Tkms & 10Tkms experience happened at ortigas. the 1Tkms held at shaw, i did not experience this additive thing.

thanks for reading, and i hope to get some feedback. sorry for the long post. also want to help and warn others too. hehe

Toyota D4D engine woes