New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi
    I agree. We've had 4 Mitsus, 3 Toyotas, 1 Ford & 1 Isuzu since 1977, ang pinakaproblematic yung 3 Toyota namin. No offense to Toyota owners.

This is the first time i buy Toyota unfotunately PALPAK he he he

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    larshell, pareho pala tayo, feeling self guinea pig. I am already on my 1st load without bd, after over 10K using BD. Purpose is to test my theory that bd is helping with the fuel pump problem. Willing ako to try it now while there is still a warranty to claim if ever it happens.

Also to see if there is a difference in my fuel economy. I have records before I used BD, when I was using BD, so can compare naman now without BD. Same car, same route.
    Im on my third fulltank w/o BD and i notice that the engine is noisy again and yesterday morning on my 1st start is not successful 2nd start ok naman, 3 days ko hindi ginamit.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    :speechles
    Hmm... that's strange. You guys seem to have a ton of problems with D-4D Innovas.

We have a Manual J Diesel Innova. So far, at 19000kms, there seems to be no problems whatsoever with the engine. No hard starting, no stalling, no choking and the like. We sent it to the dealer once for maintenance checkup.
    The fuel used is Caltex Power Diesel located at Imelda Avenue near Makro.
    Fuel mileage of our Innova ranges from 9km/L in stop and go traffic, to a max of 15km/L in NLEX (night constantly at 80km/h).

Even though ours have no problem, I'm still concerned about this issue.
    Also, I observed this when I was in school. I'm 3rd year HS this June.
    I noticed that many of the Innova D-4Ds, particularly the G model (maybe because most Innovas are G), has a strange wind-like noise. The same goes for a few Hyundai Starex CRDi, as well as some D-4D Toyota Fortuners and Toyota Hiluxes.
    I wonder what that strange noise is... and it's not the auxilliary fan.

The other ancient distributor diesels, like the ones in the 2.8 Pajero and Crosswind, sounds normal- annoying, noisy and clattery. No strange noises on those vehicles.

Either that or I'm just a plain crazy student.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    CRDI engines are farmore better than conventional/turbo diesel engines with regards 2 emissions/power. Manufacturers knows these. Problema talaga ay yung marumi na diesel. Kaya nilagyan nila ng filters na efficient. Kasi masisira yung fuel injection pumps/vlves. Kung maiimodify yung fuelfilters na gagwing highflow/highcap. gud example ay yung sa Pajero/strada. Although not crdi, they have very large filters making sure na hindi magkakarun ng starvation sa fuel pump. Pagnatuyuan ng fuel ang fuel pumps ng makina, surely sira yung mga pyesa sa loob, kc yun mismong diesl ang lubrication ng bomba.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ok na ba bumili ng diesel na innova?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    why is it then that there are so many pajeros and stradas dat emit so much smoke if they have really big fuel filters?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    hmmmm, that was my main complaint sa pajero gen 2 ko. grabe ang usok kahit na religious ang change oil, linis sa tambutso, tune up, etc etc etc. ang hindi ko lang nagawa ay engine overhaul but it was not due for it yet

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy
    why is it then that there are so many pajeros and stradas dat emit so much smoke if they have really big fuel filters?
    Pajero Gen1 to Gen2.5 mausok talaga coz di pa sila CRDi.Strada hindi parin CRDi. AFAIK.
    O.T. na yata tayo

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy
    My two cents... Mit diesel engine is inefficient in burning fuel resulting in high carbon residue. You dont see that in Nissan or Isuzu (the best) diesel engines.
    My experience lang ha

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Initial-"Dito"
    My two cents... Mit diesel engine is inefficient in burning fuel resulting in high carbon residue. You dont see that in Nissan or Isuzu (the best) diesel engines.
    My experience lang ha
    I been using different brand of diesel engine (not CRDI) already, so far, wala naman akong naging malaking problema. I'm still using 2nd gen Mitsu Adventure, no plan of changing pa as of this time. After reading this thread (45 pages na yata to) I prefer to stick to it muna.

Regards to all Tsikoters and goodluck larshell!

Toyota D4D engine woes