New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 88 of 203 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    jaeger,

Iniisip ko itigil ang paggamit ng bd sa d4d ko. Purpose is to see if the choking problem that disappeared will come back and test the theory that bd really helped the choking problem. Anyways, meron pa naman warranty ang kotse at kung may defect, mapapalitan na nila if it is true that they have upgraded the pump design. Ano tingin mo?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow...strike 2. not good.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    jaeger,

Iniisip ko itigil ang paggamit ng bd sa d4d ko. Purpose is to see if the choking problem that disappeared will come back and test the theory that bd really helped the choking problem. Anyways, meron pa naman warranty ang kotse at kung may defect, mapapalitan na nila if it is true that they have upgraded the pump design. Ano tingin mo?
    Are you willing to be your very own guinea pig?, but you do have a point - para mapalitan na rin ng upgraded design na fuel supply pump while still under warranty. Hmmm, napaisip mo tuloy ako to do the same.

*bongliza, napalitan na ba yung fuel supply pump mo? Since you're the most recent (before Lord's 2nd episode), would you be able to know if its the newer designed pump? I hope they didn't put in the old pump or else the problem might recur. Paano na kaya yung kay strayWULF at masna-una yung pump replacement nya?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger

*bongliza, napalitan na ba yung fuel supply pump mo? Since you're the most recent (before Lord's 2nd episode), would you be able to know if its the newer designed pump? I hope they didn't put in the old pump or else the problem might recur. Paano na kaya yung kay strayWULF at masna-una yung pump replacement nya?
    sir jaeger, I don't know if the newer designed pump was the one they used. Okay naman na, I hope......

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    We are not yet sure if this upgraded/modified supply pump really exist. We don't know yet if Toyota Service Advisor is telling the truth. I remember Toyota QA warranty officer telling me that they replaced my supply pump w/ the modified supply pump but the same part number.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    We are not yet sure if this upgraded/modified supply pump really exist. We don't know yet if Toyota Service Advisor is telling the truth. I remember Toyota QA warranty officer telling me that they replaced my supply pump w/ the modified supply pump but the same part number.

Regarding the part number, in our case sa computer parts, the old and new unit may have the same part number. We have to rely for other differences such as description or physical appearance of the parts.. Maybe I have to see for myself if I will oversee the replacement.. So far, the hard starting didn't happen if I am the one cranking the engine even before or after my PMS.. I don't know if I am fortunate or unfortunate... Nevertheless, I will push Toyota Marikina to proceed in replacing my current supply pump.. even if it would take me to lie about the hard starting in the morning.. I have to take advantage of the warranty..

Larshell texted me that he is using BD for quite a while with positive results.. If its reasonable neough, why don't we try using BD from flying v and see if the choking problem is significant or relevant with it? Does it makes sense?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    lord, that's what jaeger and I have been trying to convince the other d4d owners here about lubricity and bd. Ever since I used bd, di na bumalik ang choking problem ko. Yes, my unit had the choking problem but my unit never had the pump replaced. At that time, di pa alam na pump pala ang problema. Nauna pa yata yung unit ko mag choke than any of you. Now, I am thinking of stopping the use of BD after this present load and test me and Jaeger's theory. Partly also to have the pump replaced na rin under warranty.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ito rin naiisip ko. Lord, Larshell, others who experienced the choking problem. You didn't use BD, correct? What brand of diesel did you use when the choking problem happened? After changing the pump, what brand did you use?

Checking if there is a commonality with the diesel brand, testing a variation our lubricity issue.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    lord, that's what jaeger and I have been trying to convince the other d4d owners here about lubricity and bd. Ever since I used bd, di na bumalik ang choking problem ko. Yes, my unit had the choking problem but my unit never had the pump replaced. At that time, di pa alam na pump pala ang problema. Nauna pa yata yung unit ko mag choke than any of you. Now, I am thinking of stopping the use of BD after this present load and test me and Jaeger's theory. Partly also to have the pump replaced na rin under warranty.

I rememebr prior to my 2nd choking experience, i filled a 200 pesos flying v BD.. with my first chokinh problem, twodays before that, I used a liuter of senbel BD.. but before those eperiences, I am using either shell or petron..

I also remember my SA in Marikina that toyota might require us D4D owners to reqgularly replace the fuel filter or just the gasket in ebry 10K.. I can't remember it right.. basta mga 400 lng daw ung price ng piyesa.. The reason behind is that our fuel here in the Phils is dirty kaya na fifilter lahat ng dumi leading to the choking problem.. So far, the choking problem is not being manifested by my unit anymore..

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ito rin naiisip ko. Lord, Larshell, others who experienced the choking problem. You didn't use BD, correct? What brand of diesel did you use when the choking problem happened? After changing the pump, what brand did you use?

Checking if there is a commonality with the diesel brand, testing a variation our lubricity issue.

Sinabi ko kay Lord na try nya na gumamit ng BD baka sakaling mawala yong problem nya ngayon. Ako kasi may nararamdaman na ako na parang babalik ulit yong problem ng Innova ko kaya nag-try ako ng BD so far nawala yong mga symptoms. Ngayon naman ill stop using BD naman.

Toyota D4D engine woes