New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 203 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just a while a go Lord texted me that his unit has this Hard starting problem again! He told me that as per Toyota SA supply pump again is the culprit,
    Toyota will change his supply pump again w/ the modified parts. Bwesit talaga ang Toyota

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boycott all toyota products! hehe!

screw toyota reliability.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    does this mean take 2 na si lord? Bad trip to ah.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mga peeps...
    kagagaling ko lng toyota marikina..
    yes. the supply pump daw gaain indeed is the culprit.
    This is how it went:

I was asked by the mechanic if my unit is experiencing hard starting: so I told him that before, yes indeed. But I told him that It was serviced already at P. Tamo. to my surprise, he told me that when he started the machine recently, the engine has difficulty in starting. But instantly, he console me that the main culprit na daw is the supply pump. It is already anticipated by Toyota itself since they made their testings daw ever since the problem was first reported. The mechanic then called the SA together with the evaluator/foreman and told me that they will replaced the supply pump with the newly modified supply pump and the fuel filter gasket ata...[forgot the exact name]. They will first inform daw ung warranty officer nila and then contact me again for the schedule.

Bad trip... the problem had recur after around 12K-14K. My odo now is 30K+. The hard starting which I experienced was when i'm at 17K.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I just got a feedback from the warranty officer of P.Tamo [Arnel]
    Without telling him the details of the advice of Marikina, he texted me that the previously installed supply pump has defects in it. Malas nating mga unang napalitan ng supply pump kc ung lumang stock pa rin ata nila ang nilagay. Hopefully, to those who were newly serviced D4D engines with the same problem eh ung bago na ang ilagay.

I will tryo to get the details of the old and new supply pumps for the benefit of all D4d owners.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Minsan, I wonder kung anong resale value pinagsasabi nila if it's toyota brand eh bulok naman pala etong brand na to. Di bale bumaba resale value ng ride mo eh kung sulit ka na rin naman. Etong Toyota, ke bago bago sirain na agad. Hell 'ur resale value issue.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Just a while a go Lord texted me that his unit has this Hard starting problem again! He told me that as per Toyota SA supply pump again is the culprit,
    Toyota will change his supply pump again w/ the modified parts. Bwesit talaga ang Toyota
    2x pinalitan yung supply pump? Grabe! That totally sucks, big time! Toyota has got to do a major recall na! No assurance na ba ang mapalitan ang supply pump?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph
    anyone here hi-ace owners with similar problem? Im concerned because Im planning to get new hi-ace for shuttle services. bdw I have fortuner diesel and so far not experienced the problem guys mentioned here.
    Hi katsudon! My uncle got a D4d 3.0 Hi-aCE. But only a few months old. Thanks sa lahat na nag post ng Toyota D4D engine experiences nyo. I will help monitor the unit. Magpo post ako pag may nangyari. (Finger-crossing )

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Minsan, I wonder kung anong resale value pinagsasabi nila if it's toyota brand eh bulok naman pala etong brand na to. Di bale bumaba resale value ng ride mo eh kung sulit ka na rin naman. Etong Toyota, ke bago bago sirain na agad. Hell 'ur resale value issue.
    masyadong overated lang ang toyota & honda dito sa atin... pare pareho lang naman sila ng other manufacturers na may defects.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    masyadong overated lang ang toyota & honda dito sa atin... pare pareho lang naman sila ng other manufacturers na may defects.
    very true

Toyota D4D engine woes