New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 79 of 203 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    larshell, ot reply: na timing ko kasi a few other meetings with the chemrez meeting kaya siniksik ko na lang. Nope, am based in Cebu, and took the cheapest flight.

Para di na tayo OT, if you look at my chart on page 39 of this thread, I was getting 7 and 8km/liter without BD, then with BD, puro 8 and 9km/liter na. On October 10, the fuel economy deteriorated but that was because the car went back and forth into my company motorpool and toyota casa as well. But after the choking problem disappeared, tuloy ang improved economy. So with the improved fuel economy, bawi na ang BD expense. BD's lubricity effect is a much bigger, but unnoticed benefit. Para sa akin, if the use of BD really improves lubricity and helps minimize the choking problem, then its worth its money in gold for that peace of mind.

Again, I reiterate my inquiry, together with jaeger, if there were any other innova owners who used BD but still encountered the choking problem? So far, ako pa lang ang nagreport na nagchoke ang innova ko right after using BD, but ako rin nagreport nawala ang choking problem ko without any need to change the fuel pump.

Parang ganito, assume the fuel pump as a human heart. If the main way to correct it is open heart surgery, and you find out some chinese medicine (biodiesel) seems to have unclogging (lubricating) effect that may defer the surgery(replacement), would you try it? (actually, this metaphor if looked at by itself, is true, by the way, there really is a chinese medicine that seems to help those with clogged arteries, its called o pe bok bi in chinese, or black/white fungus).
    Last edited by altec; March 23rd, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    jaeger,
    . . . . When you stop using BD did you feel any diff interms of engine noise and vibration?
    Without BD you can hear and feel your d4d grind hard during hard acceleration . . . lahat ng tunog at vibration ng arangkada ramdam mo. But with BD mas-smoother yung acceleration - specially when you go up to 3%~5% BD blend hardly any metal grind during hard acceleration and very little noise. Medyo higher-pitched yung tunog ng engine mo, minimized yung takatakatak na tunog and wala na nung low-pitch ugong na kasabay ng vibration pag uma-arangkada.

o para hindi tayo ma-cite ni howee na OT (sorry bro) :
    altec and I, up to today, have this theory that the use of biodiesel will mitigate (lessen likelihood of occurring) your D4D Engine Woe - the choking problem in particular. This is due mainly to biodiesels lubricity benefit = 1% blend yields 32% increase in lubricity para hindi bumigay yung supply pump mo.

When the Phils. adopted Euro III emmission standards (i.e. 0.05% sulfur content) the process of desulfirization practically removed the lubricity elements of petroleum diesel. You have to put this lubricity element back in the form of an additive or something so that your supply pump will not fail.

Since the oil companies e nagtitipid in putting the correct amount of these expensive additives, we end up with a diesel fuel that lacks lubricity. So this is where biodiesel comes into the picture . . . . para hindi mag-shut down yung maselan na supply pump ng ating d4d.

Of course, there are other benefits of BD other than lubricity.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks for the info sir larshell, meyron bang validity ang biodiesel? I've got a few liters at home for more than a year already.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thanks guys! I will try to use BD to my Innova.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    thanks for the info sir larshell, meyron bang validity ang biodiesel? I've got a few liters at home for more than a year already.
    AFAIK, 6 mos. to 1 year ang shelf life nito when sealed, pero pagnabuksan na, use it within a month.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Medyo higher-pitched yung tunog ng engine mo, minimized yung takatakatak na tunog and wala na nung low-pitch ugong na kasabay ng vibration pag uma-arangkada.

Jaeger, when you say higher pitched, is it like a whining sound na parang static sa stereo? Kasi am hearing that in my sedona, which uses a 2% blend, but not in my innova, at 1% blend.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    Jaeger, when you say higher pitched, is it like a whining sound na parang static sa stereo? Kasi am hearing that in my sedona, which uses a 2% blend, but not in my innova, at 1% blend.
    Oo, that high-pitch sound is most noticeable when you are at B3~5 blend. At this blend ratio, during idle, you don't really notice that high-pitch sound but when you accelerate hard then iba na yung tunog ng arangkada mo - wala na yung usual grunt ng diesel - matining na yung tunog. I observed this in my Starex (ala 4D56 TDIC), Everest (WL-T) and Innova (D4D). They all manifest the same higher pitch sound during hard arangkada when I'm at B3~5% blend.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Oo, that high-pitch sound is most noticeable when you are at B3~5 blend. At this blend ratio, during idle, you don't really notice that high-pitch sound but when you accelerate hard then iba na yung tunog ng arangkada mo - wala na yung usual grunt ng diesel - matining na yung tunog. I observed this in my Starex (ala 4D56 TDIC), Everest (WL-T) and Innova (D4D). They all manifest the same higher pitch sound during hard arangkada when I'm at B3~5% blend.
    Bro, what do you mean by B3~5 blend ratio? Assuming I have filled 50 liters of diesel, how much liter of Biodiesel is needed? Shall I put 1.5 to 2.5 liters of biodiesel? Sorry, ngayon lang ako nagka-interest and I don't even got the guts to read some of the thread here before.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yes, you got that right 1.5-li. of BD in a 50-li. tank will be 3% blend and 2.5-li of BD in a 50-li. tank will be 5% blend. There's no hard & fast rule on the use of biodiesel. Just stay anywhere from 0.5% to 5% blend is generally safe.

I think the Phils. will soon have 1% blend available on most pumps - CAMPI already approved this (will not void warranty). Most of Europe are now at minimum 5% biodiesel blend - mandatory for Euro emmission compliance. There are even European countries at 20% blend like the Czech Republic.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    busy road, when you hear the jargons: bd1, that means 1% biodiesel blend. This means for every 50 liters, you put in 500ml. If BD5, that's 5%, if BD20, that's 20%. If BD100, that's pure biodiesel. Some people call pure local biodiesel as CME, or coco methyl ester, in case they get confused why pure biodiesel doesn't contain a single drop of diesel, pero OT na tayo. Please go to the biodiesel rulz thread to discuss biodiesel further.

Jaeger, alam mo, partly successful na tayo, seems there is no one out there yet to claim nag choke d4d nila when they were on bd. So maybe di na tama ang title dito, kasi meron na light at the end of the tunnel?

Toyota D4D engine woes