New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 203 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    This is my observation of a "smoky" 3.0V Fortuner, which I posted in the owner's thread. I think the Fortuner D4-D owners either dont notice it or dont have the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I observed a Fortuner 3.0V today and I noticed that the exhaust is quite smoky and it emitted more smoke (carbon-particles) during acceleration. Is this normal for a diesel this new? I can only imagine the view of what the back of this vehicle would be like as the diesel engine gets run-in with more mileages covered.

And no, I'm not putting the vehicle down. I'm just trying to raise this concern. A sales agent is offering me a 4x4 and I'm still in the process of deciding whether to get it not.

btw, this was observed in a hot sunny afternoon, with the car on a stand still idle and driven away afterwards.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dapat di mausok and D4D! What brand , make and model ba car mo ?
    Pero try using Biodiesel.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    D4D engine should not emit heavy black smoke. Technically if you are saying you have seen it right after idle, possible yun. During idle, emission flow is turbelent in the tailpipe and it creates accumulation of smoke. Also engine could still be cold / not in operating temperature. The moment the driver started the acceleration, smoke in the pipe would be blown out!

Pero, me , i had never seen so far in D4D 2.5 Turbo Matic Innova. My Car is more than a year old. It is also due to the fact that im am also using Biodiesel.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, smoke upon acceleration isn't uncommon with diesels... I've heard it happens with Ford's europena direct injection turbos, too... but for newer generation ones? Any D-Max owners willing to share?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    larshell, sa mga nabasa ko plus the chemrez seminar offered to tsikot.com, 4x4 group, and kotse.com pipol, a 1% BD application will increase fuel lubricity by 32%. How that works, I forgot the details, but 32% is 32% additional! I believe this is based on a bearing wear test that all lubricant additives use to claim better performance using their product.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Parang gusto kung i-try yong BIODIESEL wd my Innova. How about you are you using BD?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    OT: larshell; di ka kasi umattend ng biodiesel seminar eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    according to toyota ok na daw unit ko, they analyze my unit using "IT2" ??? nothing wrong daw with my fuel pump, ask ko e why nagloloko? sabi ng SA inayos na daw, ang labo nga ng explanation,may reniset daw, ask ko yun ECU ba? hindi naman daw, I'm requesting to provide me the detail of the finding para in case nagloko ulit at dadalhin ko sa ibang dealer at least alam na nila what is the history of my unit e ayaw naman nila mag bigay, sabi ng SA kahit dalhin ko sa ibang casa malalaman agad what my problem is, just using IT2, reason nila is submit daw nila yun reading sa planta, so far ok na , I hope hindi na bumalik yun sakit.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13
    according to toyota ok na daw unit ko, they analyze my unit using "IT2" ??? nothing wrong daw with my fuel pump, ask ko e why nagloloko? sabi ng SA inayos na daw, ang labo nga ng explanation,may reniset daw, ask ko yun ECU ba? hindi naman daw, I'm requesting to provide me the detail of the finding para in case nagloko ulit at dadalhin ko sa ibang dealer at least alam na nila what is the history of my unit e ayaw naman nila mag bigay, sabi ng SA kahit dalhin ko sa ibang casa malalaman agad what my problem is, just using IT2, reason nila is submit daw nila yun reading sa planta, so far ok na , I hope hindi na bumalik yun sakit.
    bro fortuner, pareho lang ang ginawa sa Innova ko, ang alam ko ni-reset yung ECU but still, meyron pa din akong feeling na baka bumalik yung sakit kasi mechanical yung problema niya (spring), di yung electrmic system.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13
    They most probably reset your ECU. Did you tell them that it's already general knowledge that there's a problem with the spring in their fuel pump? Para at least they'll know that you've already been informed of this problem so that they won't dilly dally with you.

Toyota D4D engine woes