New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 203 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    astro,
    The same thing happen to me you have to rev it up.
    Did you watch them while replacing your supply pump?
    Maingat naman sila? Asar lang kasi Brand new tapos sira agad.
    di ko nakita i-replace kasi pinaiwan nila for 3 days yung unit. maingat naman siguro sila, malinis yung pagkagawa eh

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    astro,
    Thanks sa reply

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fortuner13,
    Pls. Share naman your Bad experience with Toyota D4d. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Fortuner13,
    Pls. Share naman your Bad experience with Toyota D4d. Thanks

so far, experience hard starting mga 5 times pa lang, mamatay engine pag d inapakan accelerator , dinala ko na sa toyota today kasabay ng 5000 kms check up, ang masama pag dating dun one click andar agad so sabi ng SA test nila ulit pag cold na yun engine, so iniwanan ko na ... sabi ng SA pag observation nila eh kailangan daw may papalitan na spare parts , oorder daw nila sa planta

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13
    so far, experience hard starting mga 5 times pa lang, mamatay engine pag d inapakan accelerator , dinala ko na sa toyota today kasabay ng 5000 kms check up, ang masama pag dating dun one click andar agad so sabi ng SA test nila ulit pag cold na yun engine, so iniwanan ko na ... sabi ng SA pag observation nila eh kailangan daw may papalitan na spare parts , oorder daw nila sa planta
    nakakainis naman nabiktima ka ng dreaded denso fuel supply pump. don't worry, papalitan naman ng toyota yung parts.

sana nag gas engine ka na lang para wala kang problema. my odo of my 2.7 vvti in 4 mos is 7k kms, still no problem. thanks again tsikoteers for making me switch to vvti.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13
    Bakit ganyan D4D, parang kay bongliza - pag sa bahay e hard starting, tapos pag dinala mo na sa Toyota - wow biglang matino andar nya. hmmm. Tuloy hindi makapag-warranty claim ng maayos.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    maybe because by the time you get to the casa, the injectors and pumps are all "warmed" up or used kaya, pag stop and start gumagana. siguro it needs time to settle down for the problem to reoccur. baka lang

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fortuner13,
    Thanks for sharing your experience wd D4d. I hope that Toyota will fix your problem.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Bakit ganyan D4D, parang kay bongliza - pag sa bahay e hard starting, tapos pag dinala mo na sa Toyota - wow biglang matino andar nya. hmmm. Tuloy hindi makapag-warranty claim ng maayos.
    Based on my own choking problem experience, it chokes and can't hold idling level when you let go of the gas pedal, you really have to rev it for a while to allow the fuel to really circulate, and once it circulates, it holds the idling level. But if you shut off the engine and let it stand for over an hour, the choking problem has high probability to occur, even if the engine is still warm. That means the fuel has settled from that choke area, leaving it void of fuel and dry.

Given the theory that the spring has lost its resilience due to lack of lubricity, in effect parang may kalawang, you really have to force fuel back into the system (parang wd-40) and revving it up to allow the fuel into each nook and cranny (parang wd-40 din), before it reachieves its resilience and works like its supposed to and thus able to maintain idling levels. IMO lang ito ha. And that's where biodiesel helped in my case. It acts like wd-40, adding extra lubricity, and thus the spring is protected with extra coating, and thus doesn't dry out and loses its resiliency.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    altec,
    Ano ba ang function ng spring na ito? Bakit kelangan pa i-lubricate? Why is that our unit brandnew and it already have rust? What if you dont use your D4d for a long period of time kakalawangin din ba sya? Spring is located inside the fuel pump right? Why rust accumulate inside the supply pump? If this is the true problem why is that they replace the whole supply pump? Why not replace the spring?

Toyota D4D engine woes