New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 74 of 203 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    OT lang, 7.5-8.5km/lt is this manual or MID reading and what is your ave. speed thanks.
    OT: MID reading, 70% highway, ave speed 90-120kph.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    *lexus, Kamusta na Innova mo? Napalitan din ba yong injectors mo?

only the supply pump assembly and the tube connecting to it was replaced. sa tingin ko alam na nila what's really bugging this D4D engine, kasi ni wala silang maipakita na diagnostic printout just my video and after a few weeks dumating na ang mga replacement parts from toyota,

anyway so far so good.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    beebs, Thanks for the info.

lexus, That's good news.Thanks!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lexus
    only the supply pump assembly and the tube connecting to it was replaced. sa tingin ko alam na nila what's really bugging this D4D engine, kasi ni wala silang maipakita na diagnostic printout just my video and after a few weeks dumating na ang mga replacement parts from toyota,

anyway so far so good.
    Is there any change in the engine (diesel clatter) noise? Did the noise lessen or become more prominent before or after the pump replacement?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lexus

anyway so far so good.
    same happened to our 2.5 D4D fortuner (1800+ km). two weeks ago ayaw mag start, akala ko pangit lang yung diesel na naikarga. kaso when you rev it for a while to prevent it from stalling, di na siya namamatay so i ruled out the fuel kasi smooth naman na takbo. pero upon turning the engine off, ayun ayaw nanaman mag start!

i called toyota and they scheduled me the following day. when i got the unit after 4 hours ang sabi ng supervisor calibration lang daw ng engine ginawa nila. nung tinanong ko kung di na ba mauulit yung problem ang sabi niya sa akin "sir papalitan na rin natin supply pump mo para sure kaso oorderin pa yung parts". since libre pa naman pagpalit dahil sa warranty, why not.

i guess alam na nila na yung pump talaga ang cause ng problem kaya inuunahan na nila bago maulit. they called us last monday to tell us na may parts na kaya ipinasok na namin nung tuesday and got the unit this afternoon. so far so good.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by astro
    same happened to our 2.5 D4D fortuner (1800+ km). two weeks ago ayaw mag start, akala ko pangit lang yung diesel na naikarga. kaso when you rev it for a while to prevent it from stalling, di na siya namamatay so i ruled out the fuel kasi smooth naman na takbo. pero upon turning the engine off, ayun ayaw nanaman mag start!

i called toyota and they scheduled me the following day. when i got the unit after 4 hours ang sabi ng supervisor calibration lang daw ng engine ginawa nila. nung tinanong ko kung di na ba mauulit yung problem ang sabi niya sa akin "sir papalitan na rin natin supply pump mo para sure kaso oorderin pa yung parts". since libre pa naman pagpalit dahil sa warranty, why not.

i guess alam na nila na yung pump talaga ang cause ng problem kaya inuunahan na nila bago maulit. they called us last monday to tell us na may parts na kaya ipinasok na namin nung tuesday and got the unit this afternoon. so far so good.

time is ticking on my fortuner 2.5 odo reading is now 5600, had my 5k pms last week. tick tick tick tack boom

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by astro

bro astro, good that you have that problem earlier within the warranty period. Matanaong ko lang if the choking problem happened when they analyze your engine or they just reply on your report. I'm curious asking this to those who has their pump scheduled for replacement. Kasi ang nangyari sa akin was my car choked nung nasa bahay pa, but when I bought to Toyota it did not choked so their analyzer was not able to get the graph showing the problem. Hindi tuloy recommended for pump replacement.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    bonglisa, Why not try to insist to your dealer to replace your supply pump for you to be sure that your problem will not happen again, well not 100% sure but at least you will have some peace of mind.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    bro astro, good that you have that problem earlier within the warranty period. Matanaong ko lang if the choking problem happened when they analyze your engine or they just reply on your report. I'm curious asking this to those who has their pump scheduled for replacement. Kasi ang nangyari sa akin was my car choked nung nasa bahay pa, but when I bought to Toyota it did not choked so their analyzer was not able to get the graph showing the problem. Hindi tuloy recommended for pump replacement.
    oo nga eh buti na lang covered pa ng warranty.
    yung problem kasi nung amin once na you turn off the engine, di na talaga mag-sstart. aandar lang sandali tapos biglang mamamatay, parang kinakapos sa fuel. kailangan mo i-rev for about a minute para di mag stall. kaya when i got to toyota and turned off the engine, ayun di rin nila ma-start hehe. nakakawalang bilib tuloy sa toyota

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    astro,
    The same thing happen to me you have to rev it up.
    Did you watch them while replacing your supply pump?
    Maingat naman sila? Asar lang kasi Brand new tapos sira agad.

Toyota D4D engine woes