New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 203 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ang haba na ng thread na to but seems nothing is happening. HELPLESS na ba talaga tayong mga D4D owners? Praying na sana di mangayari sa car mo OR sana mangyari na para ma-correct yung bug.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I meant from a mechanical point of view. Not from that philosphical, stained-glass, perspective.

I drove a blown (very blown) engine for almost 10 years (it was one of my training rigs). Nabuhay naman ako. But from a mechanic's perspective, that engine was toast from day one.
    Sir, placing what you've said into perspective, both you and val have points to consider. Yun nga lang, merong isang point na di naisama.

Mitsubishi and Isuzu engines have long been preferred for jeepneys because of either three things, or a combination of any:

1. Both engines have surpassed the rigors of a ten year service life, unfortunately, based on foreign laws, after a certain number of years, those particular engines need to be retired, no matter what their working state is/are. Businessmen saw the opportunity of using reconditioned engines, which is why they brought it back here, to maximize the remaining service life of those engines;

2. The mere fact that the engines have served their previous masters "adequately" and have survived the decade, all the more made them preferred as vehicles for the public utility jeepneys, and other vehicles that make use of reconditioned engines;

Maaaring laspag na lahat ng makina ng mga jeepneys natin, pero ang katotohanan, those are the few and proud engines who can truly say that they truly are durable.

Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Toyota, or whatever brand or make the engine may be, maraming taong nakikinabang at natutulungan ng mga ito. Lalong-lalo na yung mga kinabit sa "PUJ".

Sana po, makitarin ng mga kasama natin itong perspective na ito.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [QUOTE]There have also been complaints by some members of this board about the Isuzu Trooper's CRDi engine, so how do we reconcile this with the claim that Isuzu is a leader in this field?

IMO, Isuzu's full diesel engine line up is a testament that they are the best or if not one of the best. We cant deny the success of Isuzu in this field. Of course lahat ng company my flaws. But the fact that majority of diesel engines(trucks, pickup, jeepney) in the philippines are Izusu it shows na magaling cla sa diesel engine. Kahit na hindi cla mag produce ng gas engine kumikita pa at tumagal ng 90 years company nila.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    [QUOTE=valskie01]
    There have also been complaints by some members of this board about the Isuzu Trooper's CRDi engine, so how do we reconcile this with the claim that Isuzu is a leader in this field?

IMO, Isuzu's full diesel engine line up is a testament that they are the best or if not one of the best. We cant deny the success of Isuzu in this field. Of course lahat ng company my flaws. But the fact that majority of diesel engines(trucks, pickup, jeepney) in the philippines are Izusu it shows na magaling cla sa diesel engine. Kahit na hindi cla mag produce ng gas engine kumikita pa at tumagal ng 90 years company nila.
    valskie, I respect your opinion, pero di kaya tayo nalilihis sa thread na ito?

No doubt about Isuzu's success in diesel engines, but as far as the technology is concerned, pantay ba ng technology ang diesel engines ng Toyota at Isuzu?

Isuzu may have introduced the CRDI through the Trooper in the late 90's, but competition has caught up with them.

Also, parehong CRDI ang Fortuner V at Alterra; palagay ko ang magandang katanungan, since sabi mo magaling sa Diesel engines ang Isuzu: between the two, which vehicle is most likely to break down first?

Sayang, kung CRDI din yung Crosswind, maganda sanang itapat sa Innova para malaman kung alin talaga ang mas magandang makina.

IMHO may pros and cons yan

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    D4D=delikado for Diesel?
    ngaun alam ko na ang ibig sabihin ng D4D

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    *Bonglisa, Kamusta na unit mo?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    the service center informed me yesterday that the supply pump for my innova g m/t is now available and its up to me to schedule when i'll have it replaced. the problem is, this seemingly idiotic thought been lurking at the back of my mind--- the engine start up problem has not recurred since i had it checked and i dont want my engine touched since it is still a virgin (heh heh heh) what do you think guys, pa replace kona or i'll buy more time.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kung minsan ok din kung mag-intay ka nalang na masira ulit yong unit mo but the problem is that the parts will be assign to others and pag-andyan ulit yong problem you will have a hard time explaining to them that your unit is broken again. Pila ka ulit. Mag tip ka nalang in advance sa mekaniko and sabihin pag-walang gasgas ang unit ko pagkatapos bigyan pa kita ulit.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    *Bonglisa, Kamusta na unit mo?
    di pa nadala sa Service Center, okay na naman kasi minsan lang sininok since dinala namin yung unit. It is sometimes waste of time going to Service Center when the unit performs normal during the analysis. As I said, Toyota needs a proof in the form of graph from the analyzer before they replace the pumping system. Antayin ko na lang siguro lumala yung sakit OR benta ko na lang. MAganda ba yung MPV of Mazda?

Toyota D4D engine woes