New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 203 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01
    tignan nyo mga jeepney natin puro isuzu and mitsu lang ang gamit.
    Meron bang jeepney na matino ang makina? I've yet to see one. Halos lahat laspag.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by valskie01
    tignan nyo mga jeepney natin puro isuzu and mitsu lang ang gamit.

Meron bang jeepney na matino ang makina? I've yet to see one. Halos lahat laspag.

This statement made me smile. TUMPAK

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OTEP: kung hindi matino makina jeepney natin lahat naglalakad nlang. to think na surplus/laspag na makina nakakabuhay parin ng pamilya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I meant from a mechanical point of view. Not from that philosphical, stained-glass, perspective.

I drove a blown (very blown) engine for almost 10 years (it was one of my training rigs). Nabuhay naman ako. But from a mechanic's perspective, that engine was toast from day one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01
    ...tsaka problema sa toyota mass production nila kaya di na masyado na momonitor ang quality. ... IMO pag mass production ang isang product nasasacrifice and quality.
    I don't get it. Aren't most motor vehicles mass produced on assembly lines? Huwag mo sabihin hand-fitted gaya ng ibang exotic European sports cars ang mga Japanese cars?

Also, let's try to avoid sweeping generalities like saying that so-and-so brand is the leader when it comes to diesel technology. There have also been complaints by some members of this board about the Isuzu Trooper's CRDi engine, so how do we reconcile this with the claim that Isuzu is a leader in this field?
    Last edited by mikey177; February 3rd, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think all CRDI engines ay sobrang advance for Philippine setting.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    When you speak of mass production in the context of today's technology, it is of superior quality. If my recollection is right, it was recently reported in the news that most of the cars being built in the last five or four years extend its life beyond the usual 100,000 mile or 160,000 km range. Also, toyota is NOT producing all of the components for its vehicles. These are actually subcontracted from other makers of car parts. Just like the fuel pump which was supplied by denso. In other words, just like in any assembly line, a degree of quality control must be established.

I have visited the honda plant in Ohio which manufactures the civic and accord for the whole north american region and it is really impressive that thay could produce 2000 cars per day with such quality and reliability to the great satisfaction of the USDM. From what I personally observed, because of the power of consumerism in rich countries, it would be more advisable to look for vehicles that were similarly produced there and also being sold here inasmuch as the probability of uniform quality control has been truly observed at the plant level.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    D4d and 4JX1 Crdi system are made by Denso and Denso is partly owned by Toyota.

I think Isuzu is mas matibay than other brands but not all its engine model, 4JX1 palpak din sila. 1kz engine of Toyota magaling din and the 2L model. I have a 94Hi-Lux until today walang problema naka 200k mileage nakami. Palpak ang Toyota sa 1c,2c and D4d. In the case of 4JX1 parang may kinalaman din sa kapalpakan ang Toyota doon. (IMHO)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    In my case, the parts that were replaced:

1. Supply Pump (part no. OT141)
    2. Fuel Pipe sub-assy ( part no. 23804-OL010)
    3. O-Ring (part no. 90301-T0011)
    4. O-Ring (part no. 90301-T0009)
    m2m, pagkatapos bang palitan nag-okay na yung mga problem? thanks

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDYG77
    m2m, pagkatapos bang palitan nag-okay na yung mga problem? thanks
    None so far. Nawala parang bula yung hard-starting.

Toyota D4D engine woes