New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 203 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ReccaH
    It's a good think i saw this soo long thread on time. I just called my SA and asked him to change my D4D order to a VVTi engine. Thank you guys!
    Good decision reccaH. Hope we can pass more info doon sa iba pang Innova buyers.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    ako din eh a day after dapat d4d na kukunin namin... good thing nabasa ko... VVTi na lang dahil mahirap kumita ng pera...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    pero papalitan nman ung fuel pump mo db?
    antayin mo na lng.
    Good if this FINALLY solve the problem. What if this is just a TEMPORARY solution when the same fuel pump replaced is "expected" to have the same symptoms later on.... walang katapusang hassle!

Sell it... IMHO.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    best way to prevent this problem was already mentioned, pick your gas station and in addition, do not let your fuel tank get even close to empty. fill up when you reach 1/4. This is a simple way of preventing that problem becuase if your are close to empty you will be sucking up all the dirt in the bottom of the tank which can cause the d4-d to malfunction and start showing the symptoms you guys have mentioned.

This problem already happened to, I stalled in the middle of slex. A quick remedy is opening the black thing in the engine, remove hose, pump it so the bad diesel will come out, while pumping, have someone starting/cranking the engine. This will work for sometime but problem will probably return, the time you bought will be enough for you to bring it to casa.

These engines are in no way lemons and a recall would be a long shot, IMHO, just do your part and these things can be somewhat prevented.

A few pages back, ask yourself why thailand na lang palagi. I know the answer, but a dead giveaway are our taxes here. I can comment more but maybe not on this thread na lang. Cheers pips!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Wala po sa Fuel or any Gas station ang problema, Meron nga dito 500 ODO reading palang and 10days palang sira na. Fuel or Fuel brand has nothing to do with this problem!
    I used only Shell and i have this problem.Lord uses Petron and has this problem.
    Innova_Boy Uses Shell and he dont have this problem. Wala po sa fuel ang problema.
    Nasa Toyota ang problema kasi hindi nila alam kung ano ang problema.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Wala po sa Fuel or any Gas station ang problema, Meron nga dito 500 ODO reading palang and 10days palang sira na. Fuel or Fuel brand has nothing to do with this problem!
    I used only Shell and i have this problem.Lord uses Petron and has this problem.
    Innova_Boy Uses Shell and he dont have this problem. Wala po sa fuel ang problema.
    Nasa Toyota ang problema kasi hindi nila alam kung ano ang problema.
    I think Marantz is from Toyota Makati... He should know what the problem really is... I think m2m's information hit it on the spot... That's exactly what I was told by someone in TMPC. It's a batch of Denso fuel pumps with faulty springs...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Marantz
    best way to prevent this problem was already mentioned, pick your gas station and in addition, do not let your fuel tank get even close to empty. fill up when you reach 1/4. This is a simple way of preventing that problem becuase if your are close to empty you will be sucking up all the dirt in the bottom of the tank which can cause the d4-d to malfunction and start showing the symptoms you guys have mentioned.

This problem already happened to, I stalled in the middle of slex. A quick remedy is opening the black thing in the engine, remove hose, pump it so the bad diesel will come out, while pumping, have someone starting/cranking the engine. This will work for sometime but problem will probably return, the time you bought will be enough for you to bring it to casa.

These engines are in no way lemons and a recall would be a long shot, IMHO, just do your part and these things can be somewhat prevented.

A few pages back, ask yourself why thailand na lang palagi. I know the answer, but a dead giveaway are our taxes here. I can comment more but maybe not on this thread na lang. Cheers pips!
    Aside from their lower taxes, lower labor costs and etc., it could also be because of "economies of scale".

Selected excerpts quoted from an article in today's Wall Street Journal,

"Thailand-based auto companies build more than 500,000 pickups a year, making the country the world's second-largest truck maker."

"Toyota Motor Corp., which expects to produce 570,000 cars and trucks here (Thailand) this year".

"Ford built 155,000 Ranger trucks at its Thai plant last year, and exported them to more than 130 countries, including destinations in South America."

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    That's exactly what I was told by someone in TMPC. It's a batch of Denso fuel pumps with faulty springs...

Is this official? I hope this is official from TMPC. I hope they will also explain this at least to those affected.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    Just a quick update -
    Finally had the fuel pump replaced last Saturday at Toyota Ortigas. From the discussion I had with the SA, here is what i got:
    - the culprit is the spring mechanism inside the Denso fuel pump which regulates the fuel flow. This get stuck which impedes the flow of fuel causing the hard starting problem.
    - He mentioned that for Innova that were manufactured until Nov’05, there normal practice is to replace the Denso fuel pump assembly (at least for Toyota Ortigas/Shaw) if the unit would exhibit the hard starting/choking problem and confirmed through their diagnostic computer.
    - The cost of the replacement: parts/labor was about PHP24T+, wow ! mabuti nalang it was charged to warranty claim.
    - They did not receive any official notice from Toyota Phil on the use of BD (bio-diesel) for the Innova, so he cautioned to refrain from using it, to avoid any complication in future warranty claim.

Its now performing well, I don’t need to step on the gas pedal during ignition. let’s just hope that it stays that way 
    On the side note, Toyota Ortigas was very responsive, specially the SA. He kept me inform all the time what’s going on and acted very professional in his dealing with me…

What about the injectors hindi na ba pinalitan?My repair cost is 113t Parts and labor cost is 6t syempre under warranty.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    Just a quick update -
    Finally had the fuel pump replaced last Saturday at Toyota Ortigas. From the discussion I had with the SA, here is what i got:
    - the culprit is the spring mechanism inside the Denso fuel pump which regulates the fuel flow. This get stuck which impedes the flow of fuel causing the hard starting problem.
    - He mentioned that for Innova that were manufactured until Nov’05, there normal practice is to replace the Denso fuel pump assembly (at least for Toyota Ortigas/Shaw) if the unit would exhibit the hard starting/choking problem and confirmed through their diagnostic computer.
    - The cost of the replacement: parts/labor was about PHP24T+, wow ! mabuti nalang it was charged to warranty claim.
    - They did not receive any official notice from Toyota Phil on the use of BD (bio-diesel) for the Innova, so he cautioned to refrain from using it, to avoid any complication in future warranty claim.

Its now performing well, I don’t need to step on the gas pedal during ignition. let’s just hope that it stays that way 
    On the side note, Toyota Ortigas was very responsive, specially the SA. He kept me inform all the time what’s going on and acted very professional in his dealing with me…
    Does it mean that those pumps that were replaced before this date might still be prone to the pumping problem? If I understand it correctly, the correction is only done after Nov. 2005. So, tulad ni larshell where his pump is replaced somehere July (tama ba sir), at that time wala pang firmed solution ang Toyota. OMG....

Toyota D4D engine woes