New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 203 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi, I'm new here and whoa! What bad news! We just bought a brand new Innova G M/T D4D from Toyota Shaw last week. So one week old pa lang yung Innova namin and we haven't driven it yet because wala pa kaming plaka. Now after reading a good portion of this thread, we don't know if we have the engine changed or change to VVTi or what? What do you suggest? The main reason why we bought it is because we're hoping for better fuel economy. In fact, we're selling the our 98 Honda CRV because talagang magastos sa gasolina. Anyway, would appreciate any help!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by feistyradical
    Hi, I'm new here and whoa! What bad news! We just bought a brand new Innova G M/T D4D from Toyota Shaw last week. So one week old pa lang yung Innova namin and we haven't driven it yet because wala pa kaming plaka. Now after reading a good portion of this thread, we don't know if we have the engine changed or change to VVTi or what? What do you suggest? The main reason why we bought it is because we're hoping for better fuel economy. In fact, we're selling the our 98 Honda CRV because talagang magastos sa gasolina. Anyway, would appreciate any help!
    It is not possible to have a return or exchange for vehicles that has been "used" already. Just wait and cross your fingers, that the problem will not surface. Its a hit and miss thing.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    *feistyradical. You have to wait for any warranty defect so that you would be able exercise your option under the consumer act. Otherwise, you're stuck to the one you bought unless of course the delaer would be willing to accept such returned unit in exchange for something. But that is near impossibility. Just hope you acquired a good unit.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir Red Bureau, sounds and seems like a lawyer yourself. Thanks for the input on this thread. As per my previous posts, I already having this problem but when we took the car to CASA, the engine performs normally and CASA wasn't able to get the abnormal result. It was therefore not recommended for any replacement since the car didn't show any problem during the analysis. The problem is intermittent, so it's a like trial and error thing during the analysis. FYI, the pump replacement depends on the result of the engine analysis (accdg to casa). Could you please advise what should I do without going to this process.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    *bongliza. Good day, as you need to document or gather evidence on the defect, you could take pictures of the car or pull out a video cam to show how ugly the car performs. You could immediately report this matter to toyota and make sure that you make a written demand on the basis of the video cam. Of course, it is expected that they would deny this documentation and would even question the veracity of the object of the video cam. Just the same, it is an evidence that can be used in the event you decide to file a case against the dealer and toyota.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just a quick update -
    Finally had the fuel pump replaced last Saturday at Toyota Ortigas. From the discussion I had with the SA, here is what i got:
    - the culprit is the spring mechanism inside the Denso fuel pump which regulates the fuel flow. This get stuck which impedes the flow of fuel causing the hard starting problem.
    - He mentioned that for Innova that were manufactured until Nov’05, there normal practice is to replace the Denso fuel pump assembly (at least for Toyota Ortigas/Shaw) if the unit would exhibit the hard starting/choking problem and confirmed through their diagnostic computer.
    - The cost of the replacement: parts/labor was about PHP24T+, wow ! mabuti nalang it was charged to warranty claim.
    - They did not receive any official notice from Toyota Phil on the use of BD (bio-diesel) for the Innova, so he cautioned to refrain from using it, to avoid any complication in future warranty claim.

Its now performing well, I don’t need to step on the gas pedal during ignition. let’s just hope that it stays that way 
    On the side note, Toyota Ortigas was very responsive, specially the SA. He kept me inform all the time what’s going on and acted very professional in his dealing with me…

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That should be an automatic recall, then, if they've found the culprit. Hopefully Toyota will release word on this officially within the next month.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    Just a quick update -
    Finally had the fuel pump replaced last Saturday at Toyota Ortigas. From the discussion I had with the SA, here is what i got:
    - the culprit is the spring mechanism inside the Denso fuel pump which regulates the fuel flow. This get stuck which impedes the flow of fuel causing the hard starting problem.
    - He mentioned that for Innova that were manufactured until Nov’05, there normal practice is to replace the Denso fuel pump assembly (at least for Toyota Ortigas/Shaw) if the unit would exhibit the hard starting/choking problem and confirmed through their diagnostic computer.- The cost of the replacement: parts/labor was about PHP24T+, wow ! mabuti nalang it was charged to warranty claim.
    - They did not receive any official notice from Toyota Phil on the use of BD (bio-diesel) for the Innova, so he cautioned to refrain from using it, to avoid any complication in future warranty claim.

Its now performing well, I don’t need to step on the gas pedal during ignition. let’s just hope that it stays that way 
    On the side note, Toyota Ortigas was very responsive, specially the SA. He kept me inform all the time what’s going on and acted very professional in his dealing with me…
    bro m2m, nag choke ba yung engine mo during the actual diagnosis?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes, the SA mentioned that they did not see any longer the "error" message that was shown on the diagnostic computer after the fuel pump was replaced. mabuti in my case solid yung behaviour. I would guess, the dealers would need some sort of evidence to support for the warranty claim to TMP.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    meron kami nilagay na warning about D4D sa welcome page na ng innova yahoogroups para sa mga malaman din ng mga innocent buyers..
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toyota_Innova/

Toyota D4D engine woes