New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Baka naman the owner is planning to migrate abroad, kaya he's disposing of the vehicle cheap... This can happen right?
    I don't think so. He did not mention it sa posting nya. Mas mabilis nya mabebenta yong unit nya kung yon ang rason ng pagbenta ng Innova nya. Bka may problema nga
    Last edited by apexi_66; January 19th, 2006 at 03:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    nayko! buti pa Starex CRDi...anong nangyari sa Toyota? dapat mag-recall sila, kawawa naman yung mga owners na maglalabas ng pera para sa factory defect nla.
    Tama ka dre, buti pa ang starex CRDi. D4D really sucks. It seems marami pa ring ang unaware sa D4D problems.Laking abala ang ginagawa ng Toyota. Bili ka nga ng bagong sasakyan para wala kang problema. Pero Toyota D4D, bumuli ka para may pasan-pasan kang problema.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    I don't think so. He did not mention it sa posting nya. Mas mabilis nya mabebenta yong unit nya kung yon ang rason ng pagbenta ng Innova nya. Bka may problema nga
    He also didn't mention that there was a problem. Wouldn't you think it's better to think of good things about something, rather than assuming the worst... Kaya lang, it is human nature to assume the worst (especially with the spate of Innova D4-D problems). Kaya nga this guy will have some difficulty quickly disposing his Innova, unless the potential buyer scrutinizes the vehicle's maintenance background.

Question is... Is the unit D4-D or VVTi?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski

Question is... Is the unit D4-D or VVTi?
    One way to find out is to contact the seller.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    One way to find out is to contact the seller.
    OT: Got two text replies from the seller. Its diesel alright.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka naman bogus seller yan with cellphone. kahit salesman hindi ganyan magbenta, pina-pa-obvious na too good to be true.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    e, hindi naman brand new engine ang d4d eh.. updated version lang ng mga lumang engine nila... nilagyan lang ata ng crdi to look gud n parang bago sa market, a frend told me so kc meron sila old toyota n d fortuner 3.0.. dey say halos magkapareha lang except for the crdi... kaso nga lang wala ako masydo alam sa kotse eh,, i just took his word.. baka nga tru, malay ko..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    sorry to hear that bro, I think you're the record breaker here at 590km ODO. I advise don't accept to just reset the computer coz I think this is just a temporary solution, babalik at babalik din yan since the choking is cause by mechanical problem. Let them replace the whole crdi system. My car is scheduled for diagnosis this Saturday, I still need to know their recommendation. But I will insist on pump replacement in case they just want to reset the computer box.
    I got the vehicle back at around 3pm yesterday. The SA had recommended for replacement of the fuel pump assembly and the fuel bracket piping assembly. The parts are not available on hand but will be ordered at the plant. They had also reset the system and it seems the choking problem is gone for now. I have to come back for the replacement probably by next week when the parts are ready. It seems strange the plant hand not acted pro-actively on this problem when there are already reports of the hard-starting since last July 05. I was assured by my sales agent that the vehicle goes to a regid pre-delivery QA before its release, but how come they did not catch this? Jaeger, I looked at the manufacturing date as suggested ..the label reads : 07OCTOBER200561.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b
    kapag naglagay ka ba ng unclean diesel sa d4d mo or crdi tapos masira, pasok pa sa warranty 'to?

parang hindi ata pare... e hindi naman factory defect yan.. meron nga kami kotse mejo nasira injection pump n bago yun ha,, dahil unclean yun fuel, meron daw water yun fuel.. pinpapabayd kami kc hindi raw factory defect d damage was caused due to outside force or contaminants, which is tru naman...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    . . . . . Jaeger, I looked at the manufacturing date as suggested ..the label reads : 07OCTOBER200561.
    Reality sucks! It's info. like this that gets D4D owners infuriated and pissed with Toyota. Imagine m2m's Innova rolled out of the plant on Oct.07, 2005 and still Toyota didn't rectify the fuel pump problem - a problem they knew existed since July 2005.

Kawawa naman innocent consumer who gets suckered into buying a potentially problematic vehicle trusting only in Toyota's legendary reputation of Reliability (which doesn't exist in this case) like me.

Toyota D4D engine woes