New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 203 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Check it out, an Innova for sale at a bargain

hmmm......priced even lower than a bnew "J" variant D4-D. Perhaps its engine has been afflicted with the dreaded "problem".

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001

hmmm......priced even lower than a bnew "J" variant D4-D. Perhaps its engine has been afflicted with the dreaded "problem".
    Interested ako...dun sa sack of rice. he he he

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005

I didnt see any mention of D4D there.... How did you know its a D4D???

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It's a D4D alright....

WBR,

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    I didnt see any mention of D4D there.... How did you know its a D4D???

WBR,
    The first thing that comes to mind, why is this individual letting go of an Innova so quick (less than 1 yrs old) and at that kind of price. Roughtly Php 200,000K off the sticker price for a vehicle less than a year old, tsk tsk tsk....unless there is some insidious problem lurking underneath the hood, which we know so well already.

PS: *innovaboy, how did you know its a D4-D? Couldn't see the badge from the small and grainy pics. The description does not mention anything.
    Last edited by number001; January 18th, 2006 at 10:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The first thing that comes to mind, why is this individual letting go of an Innova so quick (less than 1 yrs old) and at that kind of price. Roughtly Php 200,000K off the sticker price for a vehicle less than a year old, tsk tsk tsk....unless there is some insidious problem lurking underneath the hood, which we know so well already.

PS: *innovaboy, how did you know its a D4-D? Couldn't see the badge from the small and grainy pics. The description does not mention anything.
    Baka naman the owner is planning to migrate abroad, kaya he's disposing of the vehicle cheap... This can happen right?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005

what badge are we talking bout here??? from what i know it's a small stick ons on siding which i cant see with my naked eyes here base on the pic posted....

WBR,

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    I'll be getting my 4x2 2.5D4d fortuner hopefully in a few weeks time and i'm really bothered by some comments of our fellow tsikoteers re problems with their d4ds, the so-called "choking" problem. it's quite odd for a new engine to experience irregularities. i'm afraid if a lot of d4d owners will soon experience this engine trouble then toyota might recall these vehicles. just want to hear your comments. thanks.
    I'm new to this thread, but i would just like to share my experienced with my newly acquired D4D Innova G/AT variant.
    Had my vehicle just for 10 days, with OD=590KM, when i started to experienced the hard starting problem just yesterday. The engine would just die down after starting with the rpm would drop from 800 down to 0. I have to restart the ignition and rev the engine up to 1Krpm after starting to prevent it from stopping. Noticed that this happens even in the afternoon when the engine is cold. This morning I brought the unit to Toyota at Shaw for checkup. The SA seems to know the problem and he mentioned that it will take 4 days to diagnose the unit. It caught me by surprise and protested, he explained that they have only one diagnostic computer and this is being shared by both Toyota - Shaw & Toyota - Ortigas & apparently Ortigas has the diagnostic computer and they have to wait for their turn! so instead of waiting, I brought the vehicle to Ortigas and the SA says its his second Innova with such problem. He mentioned that they will run diagnostic and get a snapshot of the system and perform a reset, if it does not fix the problem, they will request for a replacement fuel pump. Now waiting for the the result but, Im pretty disappointed with the 4D4! How i wish i got the VVTI instead

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wow, only 590km on your odo and you have this choking problem already?!!! I've got over 8Tkm on my Innova D4D's odo and hoping that my engine would stall now, as in today sana. (like Bongliza, para tapos na yung nightmare and maayos na ng Toyota while within warranty; not like being kept in suspended animation not knowing when it will strike you).

What puzzles me is that your Innova is new and this problem came out as early as July 2005 (strayWOLF's case) so I would presume Toyota has already done their homework by now and fixed the problem permanently with the newly released units by putting in the correct fuel pump. This only proves that Toyota is still putting in the old-spec under-rated fuel pump.

m2m favor naman - can you check the production date of your newly acquired Innova D4D - it is indicated in the white tag at the driver's seatbelt where the seatbelt is bolted on to the B-pillar, and tell us when your Innova was manufactured. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    I'm new to this thread, but i would just like to share my experienced with my newly acquired D4D Innova G/AT variant.
    Had my vehicle just for 10 days, with OD=590KM, when i started to experienced the hard starting problem just yesterday. The engine would just die down after starting with the rpm would drop from 800 down to 0. I have to restart the ignition and rev the engine up to 1Krpm after starting to prevent it from stopping. Noticed that this happens even in the afternoon when the engine is cold. This morning I brought the unit to Toyota at Shaw for checkup. The SA seems to know the problem and he mentioned that it will take 4 days to diagnose the unit. It caught me by surprise and protested, he explained that they have only one diagnostic computer and this is being shared by both Toyota - Shaw & Toyota - Ortigas & apparently Ortigas has the diagnostic computer and they have to wait for their turn! so instead of waiting, I brought the vehicle to Ortigas and the SA says its his second Innova with such problem. He mentioned that they will run diagnostic and get a snapshot of the system and perform a reset, if it does not fix the problem, they will request for a replacement fuel pump. Now waiting for the the result but, Im pretty disappointed with the 4D4! How i wish i got the VVTI instead
    sorry to hear that bro, I think you're the record breaker here at 590km ODO. I advise don't accept to just reset the computer coz I think this is just a temporary solution, babalik at babalik din yan since the choking is cause by mechanical problem. Let them replace the whole crdi system. My car is scheduled for diagnosis this Saturday, I still need to know their recommendation. But I will insist on pump replacement in case they just want to reset the computer box.

Toyota D4D engine woes