New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Sa 20++ years of existence ng 4d56 wala namang naging '4d56 woes'. Mahina nga at mausok pero hindi ka naman iiwan.

I still think Toyota jumped the gun when they hastily launched an engine not suited to local conditions.
    I guess this can happen with newly launched vehicles...

I remember the engine related problem with the initial launch of the 2nd Gen CRV. Most of the pre-October 2002 production units naghahalo ang tubig at langis, ika nga... I think this was disccused here at Tsikot.com thoroughly. Kaya nga I got a December 2002 production unit of the Gen2 CRV.

The early buyers are the test market... Masuwerte pa rin yung mga nakapila or are still undecided... To be informed is to be empowered...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    What really baffles me is that in Thailand, where the majority are 3.0 D4-D, so far there are no reported problems.

In India, there's a guy who is experiencing significant/serious amounts of black smoke from the exhaust of his Innova to the point of leaving behind a black layer of soot covering the back portion of his Innova.

Toyota is not being transparent with the way they are solving the problem. Instead of building trust and openess in solving the problem, instead Toyota chooses to retreat into the confines of its shell in complete silence and vehement denial. Surely that is not a good sign.

And the lines for the Fortuners haven't let up after almost 7 months already of frustrating wait already!
    Last edited by number001; January 5th, 2006 at 12:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    What really baffles me is that in Thailand, where the majority are 3.0 D4-D, so far there are no reported problems.
    That's the reason nga why I got my unit July 2005. The 3.0 D4D Fortuner was launched in Thailand Februrary 2005. I was thinking the significant lead time would've seen the cropping-up of any production related problems. Until now puro isolated cases involving the 3.0 D4D. Statistically insignificant pa rin (prolly lemons).

I have an acquaintance who complained of a failed start on his 3.0V. He was starting the vehicle right before my eyes... And, behold, no start. We were both baffled, until we saw that his A/T gear shift was in N instead of P... Bwahahaha... Pati ako kinabahan, eh...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just want to share this to all...

I drove my 3.0V to Baguio after Xmas with the whole family. So far no problems during the trip. I was happy with the performance uphill. Power was there when needed. Mileage was at 9.7 ave km/liter when we arrived Baguio and was topping at around 11 km/ltr between NLEX to base of Kenon Rd. It leveled at 8.7 km/ltr during the 2 days stay and driving around the city.

On the way back I reset the computer at the NLEX and drove easy at 80-90 kph (2000 rpm or lower) and got 13.7 km/ltr !!!

Downhill I felt it needed more engine braking even at D2. Parang kulang ang resistance ng engine, siguro dahil sa bigat at momentum. I had to lightly press the brakes and sometimes halfway na dahil accelerating pa din.

Anyway, over all, my baby performed well. And I saw several Fortuners at Camp John Hay (around 8-10). Some were riced and one even had a tow bar installed.

Happy and safe driving to all....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    At least the must practical one to have a Fortuner is the Gas Variant only to be on the safe side.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001

In India, there's a guy who is experiencing significant/serious amounts of black smoke from the exhaust of his Innova to the point of leaving behind a black layer of soot covering the back portion of his Innova.

Toyota is not being transparent with the way they are solving the problem. Instead of building trust and openess in solving the problem, instead Toyota chooses to retreat into the confines of its shell in complete silence and vehement denial. Surely that is not a good sign.

And the lines for the Fortuners haven't let up after almost 7 months already of frustrating wait already!
    This is because of the fact that diesel fuel here in Thailand is Euro 3 compliant. One would rarely see relatively old (10-15 years) diesel powered rigs belching out black smoke.

I don't know the quality of diesel fuel in India but one could probably assume that it has the same level of sulfur content as ours in the Philippines.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Sa 20++ years of existence ng 4d56 wala namang naging '4d56 woes'. Mahina nga at mausok pero hindi ka naman iiwan.
    Nice nice...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    blessing in disguise talaga when i waited 6 months for the release of my unit. i had time to really decide on what variant to purchase. buti talaga may tsikot.com. kung wala siguro akong info re d4d problems i might be driving right now a 2.5 d4d instead of 2.7 vvti. thanks peeps!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    blessing in disguise talaga when i waited 6 months for the release of my unit. i had time to really decide on what variant to purchase. buti talaga may tsikot.com. kung wala siguro akong info re d4d problems i might be driving right now a 2.5 d4d instead of 2.7 vvti. thanks peeps!

wala na ngang pila sa 2.5 d4d ngayon, 1week lang yung kursunadang kulay mo pa! kaya lang w/ kelseats pa rin. sa vvti parang walang pag-asa sa haba pila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys tanong ko lang.

hindi pa ba na re resolve itong problem?

to those guys who had the problems with hard starting, after nyo pina gawa ulet sa casa... hindi na ba lumabas ulet un problem?

Toyota D4D engine woes