New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 203 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Again I agree that there is a problem with a few of the D4D engines, what I don't agree about is the conclusion that this problem is an inherent design flaw in the diesel engines and should be the cause of a widespread media circus to bash Toyota and force a recall of all the 10,145 D4D units. Consequently this will cause the free fall of the resale value of our hard earned D4D Innovas, Fortuners and Hiluxes.
    Not only that, this may snowball into a "senate investigation in aid of publicity grandstanding" by our cretin of senators and result ultimately to a closure of production and loss of valuable employment to our brother laborers. And all of this because of our impulsive tsikot members who some are by the way, not even owners of D4D vehicles.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Toyota has NOT "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country". Most of their units being sold here are all imports. Toyota does not use our country for exports. Toyota is just here to profit from their sales. So I dont know what made you make that statement. Ford Motors Phil is the complete oppposite of Toyota. Ford have "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country" to the tune of $ 50M in the expansion of their manufacturing operations here. Ford also export cars all around Asia which are proudly Philippine made.

Toyota is replacing those pumps for free since they are obliged by the terms of the warranty. Do you think they will replace that pump for free during a problematic vehicle's lifetime for FREE. Hell No!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    M2 dba you made a warranty claim against Toyota for a defect in your Rav4? What's your say on this? Did you get the same form of documentation - on bond paper?
    kapag may parts replacement... nasa ordinary bond paper lang yun.

minsan - yung labor nakalagay sa service order (pero syempre 0 ang cost). pero minsan rin wala sa service order ang labor (like pull down of transmission, etc.).

marami na akong napagawa sa Rav4 ko. kahit na ginagawa nila yun, hindi ka ba naiinis at napakamahal ng bili dun eh andami ring sira.

Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Ford have "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country" to the tune of $ 50M in the expansion of their manufacturing operations here. Ford also export cars all around Asia which are proudly Philippine made.
    to add to that... Ford will invest an additional P1.1B to manufacture flexi-fuel engines here in the Phillipines. yup... you heard that right... manufacture engines (that can accomodate both gasoline and ethanol).

eh ang Toyota... ang tagal na dito hindi man laman tayo gawing manufacturing hub ng isa sa kanilang vehicles... puro nasa Thailand!
    Last edited by mazdamazda; December 21st, 2005 at 01:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Toyota has NOT "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country". Most of their units being sold here are all imports. Toyota does not use our country for exports. Toyota is just here to profit from their sales. So I dont know what made you make that statement. Ford Motors Phil is the complete oppposite of Toyota. Ford have "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country" to the tune of $ 50M in the expansion of their manufacturing operations here. Ford also export cars all around Asia which are proudly Philippine made.

Toyota is replacing those pumps for free since they are obliged by the terms of the warranty. Do you think they will replace that pump for free during a problematic vehicle's lifetime for FREE. Hell No!

Ford was the first manufacturer to leave the country during the 1980's crisis after the assasination of Ninoy Aquino, leaving us with lemon Ford Lasers and Telstars! They did not even pay their taxes, they just gave 40 old stock Ford laser as payment to the BIR during that time!!
    Now,who is the representative of whom? I rest my case.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Well, I cited the case of Ford since they are a sharp contrast to the perception that Toyota invests heavily in this country. Fact is, Toyota has closed their Revo assembly line in Bicutan. Btw, we never ever had any Ford vehicle in our family so this should quash whatsoever perceived notions that I'm Ford backer/fanboy. I just admire Ford for their confidence and faith in the Philippines.

What I'm wondering is, why protect or defend Toyota so much? Looking at the surface, I understand your concern with your vehicle's resale value, but aren't automobiles depreciable assets (except for certain rare/vintage/historical vehicles). I'd expect my vehicles to lose value from year to year of use. Sincerely not wanting to wish you bad, but trust me, you will change your tone once something like a D4-D choke problem lands in on your lap. Put yourself in the shoes of the people who are so disappointed with a new vehicle that has reliability issues. Afterall, don't we buy brand new vehicles precisely because we want to avoid headaches.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    well well well...

if we're truly concerned about the resale value of our toyota vehicle, we should therefore not be lost whether we really should oblige toyota to be "transparent" and show "good faith" about resolving the issue on hand or for toyota to continue with its apparent "hands-off settlement" of what's going on..

world renowned companies have always put forth the slogan "quality customer service" so i guess its not a matter of paranoia or blowing things out of proportion if disgruntled customers have problems which are not professionally handled but a mere case of one world renowned company not properly & objectively handling & addressing customer complaints/concerns..

i guess that it really holds water that in critical times, the term S.O.S. really applies, Save Own Self

peace on earth...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *agreyes7110, just to put things into perspective, we tsikoteers are civilized people and we're not going all out lambasting Toyota in public - not us.

Thru media, we are just going to ask Toyota a few simple polite questions in public :

How widespread is the D4D fuel pump stalling problem in your IMV program in the Philippines?

Will Toyota be implementing a RECALL to pre-empt the problem thereby giving D4D owners some peace-of-mind and nothing to worry about?

As you can see, these are 2 carefully crafted questions which can mean many things when not answered properly.

We can start the ball rolling this way and the media (thru investigative reporting) will take care of the rest. Media is known to blow things out of proportion - that's how they get things accomplished, that's also how the truth comes out.

Remember, we are only an instigator here, for valid reasons. We are only revealing our concerns as D4D owners. Whatever media does is already beyond our control.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bitoks2004
    hahaha, absolutely right. I thought I was the only one who noticed.
    I think he's only concerned about the resale value of his toyota.....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota has NOT "invested heavily in manufacturing and employment in our country". Most of their units being sold here are all imports. Toyota does not use our country for exports. Toyota is just here to profit from their sales.
    What do you call that big building complex they have in Sta. Rosa?!? I guess you didn't visit the World of Toyota exhibit sometime ago in World Trade Center.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    *agreyes7110, just to put things into perspective, we tsikoteers are civilized people and we're not going all out lambasting Toyota in public - not us.

Thru media, we are just going to ask Toyota a few simple polite questions in public :

How widespread is the D4D fuel pump stalling problem in your IMV program in the Philippines?

Will Toyota be implementing a RECALL to pre-empt the problem thereby giving D4D owners some peace-of-mind and nothing to worry about?

As you can see, these are 2 carefully crafted questions which can mean many things when not answered properly.

We can start the ball rolling this way and the media (thru investigative reporting) will take care of the rest. Media is known to blow things out of proportion - that's how they get things accomplished, that's also how the truth comes out.

Remember, we are only an instigator here, for valid reasons. We are only revealing our concerns as D4D owners. Whatever media does is already beyond our control.

i also want to add that toyota extends its warranty for this particular part. you know just incase it happens again. since it happened before, it might happen again.

Toyota D4D engine woes