New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 203 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    as a company, recognized as world leader in the automotive industry for performance & reliability, toyota certainly is not exhibiting a very important characteristic to be truly worthy of said stature. "transparency"

regardless of the number of complaints and the extent & gravity of the engine problems encountered, these should & must never be treated as hearsays or vague generalization and toyota should be transparent enough to actually fix the problem and publicly address the issue to better inform the public and appease all those who are starting to or have not encountered any problem as of yet with their d4d engines. they owe it to the public and this thread is just representative sample of what is actually going on out there. just imagine the magnitude of what toyota will be facing.

i think this is toyota's way of doing a politically calculated move to protect its very own interest which in return, betray the trust & interest of the buying public which has elevated them to where they are right now...

toyota should show "good faith" and "transparency" cause i believe that d4d & all toyota owners for that matter, deserves no less...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Can Larshell, Lord or anyboby to scan the parts replace(printout from toyota casa much better if with individual prices) and post it here... SO we can have basis for comparison later on.... Thanks...

WBR,

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I completely agree with you that not all D4D unit owners are tsikot.com members and their problems with D4D's should not be taken against the total number of D4D's sold. However, please also consider that the few problematic D4D engines of the tsikot members is not reflective of the potential problems of the thousands of D4D owners out there and should be a basis for a recall by Toyota.

In addition, I find it surprising that according to this thread Toyota supposedly list all the replacement parts in ordinary bond paper without a Toyota letterhead? How sinister and evil this Toyota , I suppose they are also doing this in other countries?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmmm my 2 cents worth....there may be a "few" member with the persistent and "impending" problems, aside from the ones encountered already, baka magkaron ng snowballing kase unti unti ng dumadami ang nagkakaproblema....now, if toyota does not lift a finger,it might be blown out of proportion (actually nagsisimula na nga)....

Di ba dyan din nagsimula yung mga problems ng mga van owners ng nissan dati? To site the problem of the design ng vanette: engine cooling system (overheating) a lot of owners nadismaya dahil di man lang inamin yung flaw. They provided a countermeasure on a silent campaign, but it was already too late. And I hate to see this happen to Toyota.

Katulad nung previous posts, a recall is not the solution. Proper handling lang siguro ang hinahanap ng affected owners: transparency, let us know what the problem is. Saying that it is the supply pump is not enough.

Whatsmore, listing down the replacement parts on a piece of paper? Di kaya nataranta lang yung service advisor?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    However, please also consider that the few problematic D4D engines of the tsikot members is not reflective of the potential problems of the thousands of D4D owners out there and should be a basis for a recall by Toyota.
    The few are Tsikot members. How about non-Tsikot members who own D4D's? Maganda talaga magkaroon ng Media exposure ito para malaman ang total number ng D4D owners who have problems. I bet there are a lot who are experiencing the same problems pero don't have the effective means/ways (like being a member of Tsikot they can post their clamors here) to convey their clamors!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    well said jim....there are d4d owners na hindi alam na me thread pala na katulad nito...pano na yung mga owners na hindi mailabas and sama ng loob sa hard earned unit nila? what if the level of larshell's outburst (disappointment,that is...which i understand kase nga pinaghirapan yung pera) would be the same as dun sa ibang affected? baka lalo mataranta ang toyota?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    as posted by larshell :

Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I share ko lang, just awhile ago ex Mayor Tinoy Blanco of Meycauayan Bulacan make a stop at my place wd his Fortuner White 3.0 4x4 wd hoodscoop.Syempre kwentuhan, sabi ko mayor ganda po ng Fortuner nyo He replied gusto mo? binebenta ko nga e.
    Sabi ko naman bakit po? Mayor: Itinirik ako nito pa puntang pangasinan.
    May Fishpond sya sa pangasinan twice a week daw sya nagpuounta dun.
    Sabi rin nya bagong repair ito galing ng casa pinakita pa nga yong resibo same wd my resibo white bond paper amounting to 113,000 plus palit di lahat ng CRDi system.
    Mileage nya 26k na going 27k.
    What does Toyota gain by putting the job order receipt in plain white bond paper? If they put this on their letterhead then they will be marked as a responsible manufacturer who is diligent and admits accountability.

I think they are just eliminating any form of evidence which D4D owners may use against them. If confronted in public - with a piece of white bond paper listed with CRDI components, they can easily deny everything.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually...

kapag may pinapagawa ako under warranty - parang yung parts form ay nasa white non-letterhead paper lang nga. hanapin ko yun sa files ko.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    as posted by larshell :

What does Toyota gain by putting the job order receipt in plain white bond paper? If they put this on their letterhead then they will be marked as a responsible manufacturer who is diligent and admits accountability.

I think they are just eliminating any form of evidence which D4D owners may use against them. If confronted in public - with a piece of white bond paper listed with CRDI components, they can easily deny everything.
    Pwede mo ring ipa-notarized para sure.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    as posted by larshell :

Maaring tama ka dyan bro. Para nga naman walang evidence against them if ever they will be confronted later on. Pwede nila sabihing di sila sumulat non.

Toyota D4D engine woes