New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 203 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    I agree with your opinion, however the response should be commensurate to the problem. To go to the media and blow this issue out of proportion to the obviously few problematic D4D units is doing a disservice and very unfair to the more than 10,200 D4D engine owners out there who are satisfied with their units. Any unsubstantiated D4D problem in which the cause is still unknown being brought to our irresponsible and reckless media would surely affect the resale value of their D4D units and cause immeasurable damage to Toyota.
    I think most of all let us be fair to everybody and stop these knee jerk reactions to a problem that is actually being addressed already by Toyota.
    But Toyota, up to today, has not issued an Official Statement yet on helping D4D owners understand the nature of the problem . . . so were left here to worry. They should appease us D4D owners of our apprehensions that one of these days our engines will just conk-out in the middle of nowhere during a family vacation, or something.

From all their dealers, Toyota can create a master list of all those who bought potentially problematic D4D-powered rides of a particular batch and mail us a notice to show pro-active support . But Toyota hasn't done that. Toyota knows of the problem as early as July (strayWOLF's case) and has done nothing. I emailed them a lot of times and got no reply!

It's not only "a few problematic D4D units" since TMPC already issued an internal memo to all their dealers acknowlendgeing the existence of this problem and to expect numerous complaints, that's why they ordered a lot of D4D CRDI parts - as confirmed by TMPC-owned Toyota Makati. But Toyota and the dealers keep hiding these defects from us and only entertains D4D owners whose rides have actually stalled. So for those of us whose D4D rides have not yet stalled - what, they tell us to wait for our rides to stall before they make us line up in the month-long repair queue.

Toyota should do more than this . . . it's us Toyota buyers who helped make them #1. So where's the quid-pro-quo, at least?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Again, I completely agree with you, however most of what you said are just speculation or second hand knowledge which anyone can fabricate and through time can be believable to anyone. Maybe we can have a copy of that TMPC internal memo, and the orders for more CRDI parts? This,I think is pure hearsay. How can Toyota respond to something that is not true, any response would just validate these things. I believe that Toyota would not risk their long reputation here (more than 30 years) just to stonewall on a quality issue, especially on their IMV project.

And also, howcome the D4D engine is only having "problems" in the Philippines. These D4D's are sold in numerous countries and until now no massive complaints can be seen from these coutries. Please see mouthshut.com for reviews on D4D Innovas sold in India, which has sold more D4D's than in any other country and for a longer time since last year.

Actually the more I read this thread the more I suspect that this is just black propaganda by the competitors, since they still don't have a suitable AUV to compete against the IMV units. The objective is to create doubts in the mind of consumers hoping that they would stay away from buying the IMV Toyotas and settle for their aging and technologically obsolete AUV's.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    well he's got a point, pag napunta nga naman sa media yan issue sigurado malaki effect nyan sa Toyota Phils as a whole. even yun mga units nyo, baka ma-apektuhan for example, bumaba ang resale value or something, pag nagtagal yan D4D problems. either way, kahit san pala tignan, talo ang mga owners ng problematic units. sometimes talaga life ain't fair. The truth will do more damage sa point of view ng mga toyota owners.

I guess the best thing to do here is mag-cooperate na lang yun affected owners and Toyota to solve the problem in due time, tapos media black-out na lang. ang hindi lang naman acceptable sa situation na ito is mukang dadami pa kayo na magka-problema ng D4D since continuous naman ang Toyota sa pagbebenta sa mga innocent buyers (yun mga walang kaalam-alam sa issue pero patay na patay sa fortuner) ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    But Toyota and the dealers keep hiding these defects from us and only entertains D4D owners whose rides have actually stalled. So for those of us whose D4D rides have not yet stalled - what, they tell us to wait for our rides to stall before they make us line up in the month-long repair queue.
    this is normal naman siguro. entertain those na nagkaka-problems lang. They cant just call anybody with a Fortuner at sabihin: "sir baka magkaproblem kayo sa unit nyo sometime in the future. baka itirik kayo nyan" imagine the reaction of the Fortuner/Innova owner na hindi naman nagkaron ng problem at masayang-masaya sa ride nya.

since majority naman daw ng nagkakaproblem eh yun lumampas na sa 20,000km mileage, wait and see na lang siguro talaga. by mid next year siguro, madami na Fortuners/Innova na lumampas sa 20,000km mark. and kapag dumami ang naka-experience ng D4D probs by that time, then yun na nga full-blown epidemic na nga yan. nag lapse na incubation period or whatever hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    Lets make sure first that there is a real problem with the D4D engine hindi kaya isolated cases lang yan o kaya black propaganda ng mga competition
    In which case... how can we be sure that you are not from Toyota who is trying to cover up their problem?

Toyota is a big company and can take care of themselves (they posted a net income of 1.17 trillion yen last year). Why care so much about them?

===

To those who want to go to the media... that is your God given right to do so.

And why hide the truth about the problem of Toyota? You might not be in their shoes right now... but what if your engine encounters a problem down the line? Is it just for the sake of resale value and brand integrity?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your point Mazdamazda!!! This thread alone will reveal owners who are having problems with their D4D's. Toyota is just protecting its reputation but in a wrong way!!! Kaya mga D4D owners na may problems, go to the media so that all can be informed about the truth. It will help a lot of future buyers ;)

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    Your point Mazdamazda!!! This thread alone will reveal owners who are having problems with their D4D's. Toyota is just protecting its reputation but in a wrong way!!! Kaya mga D4D owners na may problems, go to the media so that all can be informed about the truth. It will help a lot of future buyers ;)

I agree with jim and mazdamazda

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree also with mazdamazda, and jim. Power to the buying public. It is our God given right.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    toyota just finished replacing mine this afternoon. the bill is around 113k++ paid nothing coz its under warranty 2mos old pa lang )-:

so far quick starting na sya at hindi agad namamatay pagka start

PERO AT IDLING hindi pa rin natanggal yung parang biglang magiging erratic yung hum ng engine. normal ba ito? any comments guys?

hindi ko pa naibabatak kung hirap sa hatak. will eport on it as soon as i have the time for a long drive.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i dont care what other may say but the fact is that i paid hard earned money for a brand new vehicle that is known for quality and excellence. i expect no less.

now in my case im so disgusted and disappointed about what happened. im not saying im mad at the service crew as a matter of fact they are great. im just pissed off with the unit i have right now. it did not live to my expectation. i no longer have peace of mind. i no longer trust this vehicle to keep me and family safe in frequent short/long drives which i normally do due to the nature of my job.

if the manufacturer puts their credibility first and foremost i believe they should settle this issue with their customer on an individual basis.

Toyota D4D engine woes