New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 203 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tama talaga sa Media na lang labanan sa isyong ito, kasi sa TOYOTA mismo syempre daming silang maging alibi kasi sa ngayon iwan ko lang kung meron na silang ginawa tungkol dito. Kaya ang gawin nila palitan na lang ang Model muna "Fortuner" gawing "Unfortunate" then "The world is mine" "the worst is mine". Anyway I hope this engine problem could be resolve and open the mind to those who want to have new SUV or any new car

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    So far this are the list who are willing to join me to go to Media:
    1.Shockz
    2.Innovaboy
    3.Jaeger
    4.Lord
    5.bonglisa
    6.3Kings
    7.altec

Mero pa bang Iba?!!
    count me in, sir larshell

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    how about the hilux 4x4? parang wala pa akong naririnig na comments regarding its CRDI. Parehas lang kasi ang engine nila ng 3.0 fortuner.
    yup. yung mga naka-hilux na D4D. wala pa ba naka-experience ng problem?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    So far this are the list who are willing to join me to go to Media:
    1.Shockz
    2.Innovaboy
    3.Jaeger
    4.Lord
    5.bonglisa
    6.3Kings
    7.altec
    8.Ram_001

Mero pa bang Iba?!!
    Added my name, all the D4D owners should support this all the way, we'll never know... if this is really applies to all D4D's...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram 001
    Added my name, all the D4D owners should support this all the way, we'll never know... if this is really applies to all D4D's...
    Lets make sure first that there is a real problem with the D4D engine hindi kaya isolated cases lang yan o kaya black propaganda ng mga competition?
    I am saying this because the sales of Innovas or the IMV Toyotas are really a phenomenon right now.
    As of October 2005 more than 10,145 units have been sold (see tsikot cartalk), or at least 1000 units a month! If we consider around 70% are D4D engines there must be about 7,102 D4D innovas out there. This does not include the Fortuners, Hi-aces and Hilux with D4D engines, these might conservatively be another 3,000 units.
    Now to conclude that there is a failure of the D4D engines, at least 10% or 1,010 D4D units should experience this problem.
    Obviously, as per this thread not even 1% or 101 units have been affected, therefore I dont think we can force Toyota to recall the D4D,s, since they can claim that this is just the normal failure rate for any manufacturing company.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if that is true na less than 1% lang ang affected, then is it safe to assume na may lemon fortuners/innova this early kagad? mas masakit pa ata ito particularly dun sa mga nakaka-experience ng problems, kasi hindi pala common problem, kundi nakabili lang sila ng lemon, statistically speaking.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    or better yet, sumbong na din yun mga gasolinahan na nagbebenta ng maduming diesel, yun mga nandadaya. and thanks for the fortuner & innova to pinpoint each one of them.

it's not a lost cause after all, these two top toyota models will help cleanse those unscrupulous gasoline dealers & distributors. para naman pag dating ng mga upcoming diesel vehicles like Chevy S3x, Mitsu Triton eh wala na dapat 2nd thoughts for us future buyers hehehe
    Palusot lang ng TOYOTA ang diesel quality issue mga dre. Bakit di nagkaka problema ang CRDi engines ng KIA SORENTO, HYUNDAI STAREX, ISUZU ALTERRA, MITSUBISHI PAJERO AT BMW? Dahil kamo sa poor quality ng CRDi components kinabit nila sa Toyota D4D engines. Saka di reliable D4D engine na yan dahil kung it's really reliable, sana same engine install nila sa bagong PRADO. Tinipid yan makina na yan kaya nga Thailand lang ginawa tapos benta ng balasubas na Toyota dealers ng pagkamahal-mahal dagdag pa dyan ang scam nila. Sa ibang bansa maliban sa Thailand, nilalangaw ang Fortuner dahil overpriced sya saka di reliable na D4D engine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    Lets make sure first that there is a real problem with the D4D engine hindi kaya isolated cases lang yan o kaya black propaganda ng mga competition?
    I am saying this because the sales of Innovas or the IMV Toyotas are really a phenomenon right now.
    As of October 2005 more than 10,145 units have been sold (see tsikot cartalk), or at least 1000 units a month! If we consider around 70% are D4D engines there must be about 7,102 D4D innovas out there. This does not include the Fortuners, Hi-aces and Hilux with D4D engines, these might conservatively be another 3,000 units.
    Now to conclude that there is a failure of the D4D engines, at least 10% or 1,010 D4D units should experience this problem.
    Obviously, as per this thread not even 1% or 101 units have been affected, therefore I dont think we can force Toyota to recall the D4D,s, since they can claim that this is just the normal failure rate for any manufacturing company.

This thread does not represent all D4D owners. Maraming owners ang hindi kasali sa thread or walang access sa Tsikot so 1% is not a good estimate. The severity of the problem or the issue at hand already warrants the attention of Toyota. Replacing the whole CRDi system is serious enough. The early showing of the problems (at 26K ODO and less as reported here) strengthens the importance that Toyota must take some action.

Even if I am not a Toyota owner, I will still support this campaign. Letting the car manufacturers know of any quality or technical issues on their cars will definitely help. It should be seen as constructive. But if Toyota would speak out and say the same thing that agreyes7110 said above, then we know that they are only making excuses. Black propagand or not, they should respond responsively and not simply fight back with a counter-propaganda or keep their silence.

This campaign is not simply asking Toyota to recall all D4D units. It is mainly to get their attention and do an extensive investigation of the technical issues with the D4D or find the real cause of the problem (i.e. poor quality of parts and assembly, fuel quality and D4Ds compatibility to Phil. diesels, etc. etc), and then do the appropriate action. Toyota should also respond with a written report of the investigation preferably in one or several of our local newspapers. The public needs to know what is causing the problems with the D4D engine and what actions should be taken.

Please show your support by joining the campaign. Venting your anger ang frustration in the threads will get no where near Toyota's ears.

Strength in numbers....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i agree!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I agree with your opinion, however the response should be commensurate to the problem. To go to the media and blow this issue out of proportion to the obviously few problematic D4D units is doing a disservice and very unfair to the more than 10,200 D4D engine owners out there who are satisfied with their units. Any unsubstantiated D4D problem in which the cause is still unknown being brought to our irresponsible and reckless media would surely affect the resale value of their D4D units and cause immeasurable damage to Toyota.
    I think most of all let us be fair to everybody and stop these knee jerk reactions to a problem that is actually being addressed already by Toyota.

Toyota D4D engine woes