New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 203 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    FYI, somebody already sent e-mail to Toyota about the D4D problem and they seem to ignore the issue. Not even an acknowledgement receipt of the e-mail.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    a friend of mine owns a 2.5 d4d fortuner. i have been checking on him eversince issues regarding its engine began to surface. He don't see anything abnormal with his unit even during startups. di kay quality ng diesel ang culprit dito? imho toyota should have a clear explanation regarding this matter... or itigil muna ang 2.5 d4d and do further testing if it can really burn our local diesel efficiently.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I uses Shell Diesel ultra, Lord uses Petron we both have the problem.
    Innovaboy uses Shell Diesel ultra and dont have the problem and some other uses biodiesel pa and dont have the problem.I dont think that this has something to do with diesel.Marami rin naman ang Hindi pa sira.I have a friend has his J Variant D4d pinagamit lang nya sa mga employee nya 24t mileage na walang pang trouble and total,seaoil,shell,petron and etc. ang diesel na gamit nya halo halo na and no problem.
    IMHO, ang may problema siguro ay Denso tulad din sa 4jx1.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hmmm... nakakapagisip kung ano talaga problem sa 2.5 d4d.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    saw a 2.5d4d fortuner last week at toyota makati. tooks pics. for replacement daw ang fuel supply pump. pati timing belt pala tinatanggal. kawawa naman ang may-ari. bagong release lang (ZB.. ang plate).

cannibalized engine

the culprit

dapat tigilan na ng toyota ang pag-release ng 2.5 d4d. ayusin muna nila ang problema.
    Pag nakita mo yong Engine mo na katulad nito Malulungkot ka talaga kasi Bnew mo binili tapos ganito.

Is it true that Fortuner D4d 2.5 is locally assembled?If yes, does it mean that all locally assembled Innova and Fortuner wd D4d 2.5 is faulty.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Is it true that Fortuner D4d 2.5 is locally assembled?If yes, does it mean that all locally assembled Innova and Fortuner wd D4d 2.5 is faulty.
    madalas kong makita ang trailer ng toyota hauling fortuners from pier to manila. lahat naman ng variants e nakikita ko sa trailers nila. pero i will keep my eyes open baka nga puro vvti and 3.0 d4d lang ang nakasakay.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    May option ba abroad ng 2.5 D4d ng Fortuner?

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    IMO - that's a myth.

fuel quality will depend largely on a per gasoline station basis... not just on the brand itself.
    I agree. But IMO, a more cleaner fuel can be bought from a newly-built station? Newer tanks perhaps and an honest dealer?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I uses Shell Diesel ultra, Lord uses Petron we both have the problem.
    Innovaboy uses Shell Diesel ultra and dont have the problem and some other uses biodiesel pa and dont have the problem.I dont think that this has something to do with diesel.Marami rin naman ang Hindi pa sira.I have a friend has his J Variant D4d pinagamit lang nya sa mga employee nya 24t mileage na walang pang trouble and total,seaoil,shell,petron and etc. ang diesel na gamit nya halo halo na and no problem.
    IMHO, ang may problema siguro ay Denso tulad din sa 4jx1.
    4JX1 is not Denso. It is either Caterpillar or Zexel.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zeagle
    4JX1 is not Denso. It is either Caterpillar or Zexel.
    Ha?! Twice ako nag palit ng Crdi system ng 4jx1 ang alam ko Denso made yong nakita ko pero baka mali din ako.

Toyota D4D engine woes