New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 203 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    patron, it's the other way around. water settles to the bottom. diesel will be on the upper layer.

a contaminated diesel sample with emulsified water will seem cloudy if held against the light. when that same sample is allowed to stand for a few hours, the non-emulsified water will settle to the bottom of the jar.

attynorby, imo no problem with that particular start. probably just a hiccup.
    *diesoline.. i see. Thanks for the clarification. Baguhan lang kasi ako sa diesel matters
    Last edited by patron; November 30th, 2005 at 04:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    My Kuya's Innova E having the same problem hard/failed starting but today ok lang unit nya hindi pa consistent yong problem. Almost 4k palang mileage nya he got his unit last april.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    saw a 2.5d4d fortuner last week at toyota makati. tooks pics. for replacement daw ang fuel supply pump. pati timing belt pala tinatanggal. kawawa naman ang may-ari. bagong release lang (ZB.. ang plate).

cannibalized engine

the culprit

dapat tigilan na ng toyota ang pag-release ng 2.5 d4d. ayusin muna nila ang problema.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    That' too bad ...... hayyyyyyyyyyyyy...

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teodoro5599
    I think Petron diesel fuel is the cleanest, and look for stations that has new pumps and are not prone to floods...

which brings me to the question, is it true na pinakamalinis ang diesel ng mga minor gas stations dito sa pinas? sabi nila mas malinis daw ito since imported ito directly from singapore unlike the 3 major players na dito ang refinery...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajojo
    which brings me to the question, is it true na pinakamalinis ang diesel ng mga minor gas stations dito sa pinas? sabi nila mas malinis daw ito since imported ito directly from singapore unlike the 3 major players na dito ang refinery...
    IMO - that's a myth.

fuel quality will depend largely on a per gasoline station basis... not just on the brand itself.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    2.5D4D sucks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Actually di kaya hindi maganda ang denso pumps ng 2.5D4D?? Must have other brand of pump to be installed on 2.5D4D dapat...

WBR,

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I read somewhere that Toyota takes an ownership stake (through stock acquisitions) in its major suppliers like Denso. Suppliers on the other hand like Denso would also reciprocate by becoming a stakeholder in Toyota. This how Toyota and suppliers becomes highly enmeshed with each other and therefore making shifting to other suppliers or auto manufacturers a very arduous undertaking.

Note: Denso is a one of the major sponsors of the Panasonic Toyota F1 team

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Denso is Toyota. Toyota owns Denso. Denso used to be an electrical research/production department of Toyota.

Toyota D4D engine woes