New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 203 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    *diesoline, According to my SA all IMV's dont have Primary fuel filter.I dont know if he is accurate or not but what he said to me is you dont have to put primary filter coz the filter installed for IMV's (the one indside the engine room) is enough and another filter will cause supply pump failure harang daw sa pag pump. I dont know what he is talking about.

*attynorby, If i remember correctly i 1st notice the hard/failed starting after my 1000km PMS. then it was gone for awhile then around 3.5k on odo reading 2nd time i hve experience it after that around 4.7k on odo reading tuloy tuloy nayon. 5K Pms went to casa and they "intialize" my ECU then nawala ulit after 1000km more or less bumalik ulit. If the reason of your hard/failed starting is water contaminant warning light should turn on in your dash we tested my unit even a single drop of water the warning light should turn on otherwise it is broken.IMHO

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    OT

Sometimes it is really difficult to tell which gas station is reputable. I read in the papers that an individual filled up his Prado in a gas station located in Ortigas (the newspaper deliberately omitted the details) and started experiencing a hard-starting or dead engine. They had the vehicle towed back to Toyota Balintawak and the fuel analyzed in the labs show that there were significant trace/amounts of water in the composition of the fuel.
    If you want to make sure if your suki station dont have water inside thier tank here's what you should do.

1. Ask them if they have a water finding paste.
    2. Test underground tank if there is any water.(that is the purpose of the paste)
    3. Test also the fuel that pump out from the tank.
    The color of the paste is brownish yellow and it will turn to pink if water is detected.If the station dont have the paste that is the time you to shld change your suki malamang hindi nila regularly tested youn underground tank
    nila.

Shell has this Quality van going around in the metro.It's a surprise check that they do, not only to detect water but also to prevent mixture of product like Velocity mix wd Unleaded.This van is a rolling Lab. Kaya on the spot testing ang result.You can ask for them to show you the result if available pa kasi thermal paper nabubura minsan.May mga Lab test result dapat sa bawat Shell station.I dont know about the other brand.

If the diesel is really the cause of this hard/failed starting, Toyota is just a giant company that dont check if the CAR'S that thier selling is compatible or not with the fuel available here.Basta makabenta nalang wala ng pakiaalam.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys, just wanted to share a simple, no-cost, do-it-yourself method on how to know if the fuel you're getting is water-contaminated (i guess somebody knows about this already, but anyhow, might be useful for some). Collect some amount of the diesel fuel from the station you're buying from, place it in a clean small container, cover it properly, let it stand overnight and check the following morning. Water should surface on top of the diesel fuel layer. This tip came from our british chief engineer who has been working on industrial diesel generators for >20 yrs. Haven't tried it yet, though. Pls. advise if this is accurate.
    Last edited by patron; November 30th, 2005 at 12:44 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patron
    guys, just wanted to share a simple, no-cost, do-it-yourself method on how to know if the fuel you're getting is water-contaminated (i guess somebody knows about this already, but anyhow, might be useful for some). Collect some amount of the diesel fuel from the station you're buying from, place it in a clean small container, cover it properly, let it stand overnight and check the following morning. Water should surface on top of the diesel fuel layer. This tip came from our british chief engineer who has been working on industrial diesel generators for >20 yrs. Haven't tried it yet, though. Pls. advise if this is accurate.
    No need to leave it overnight. Just leave the bottle in the sun. Any water mixed with the fuel would vaporize and condense on the container wall.

Friends, info lang... I just got confirmation from someone at the Toyota plant that the D-4D issues are limited to the 2.5 liter models (mostly Innovas). It specifically involves the fuel pump (something about the springs in the pump daw :confused: ), requiring complete replacement. Replacement parts are already available. But, they will replace the pumps only when they are confirmed defective.

Those of you who got the 2.5 liter D-4D IMVs, do monitor your vehicle's performance. At the first sign of stalling, I suggest you request immediate correction at your dealership.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    patron, it's the other way around. water settles to the bottom. diesel will be on the upper layer.

a contaminated diesel sample with emulsified water will seem cloudy if held against the light. when that same sample is allowed to stand for a few hours, the non-emulsified water will settle to the bottom of the jar.

attynorby, imo no problem with that particular start. probably just a hiccup.
    Last edited by diesoline; November 30th, 2005 at 01:12 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Beebs and mazdamazda sorry doon sa pag post ko ng bagong thread tungkol sa Toyota D4D problem. Nakalimutan ko na meron na pala sa pagka shock ko sa balita ni larshell sa sabi sa kanya ng taga Toyota. I wonder if Toyota will admit or issue an official statement about this issue since it's going to be a big blow to their new D4D engine and their reputation. This issue will test Toyota's honesty to their customers especially to those you've bought this D4D engine not just in the philippines but in abroad as well. I don't think that Toyota really did a rigid testing of this D4D engine before offering it to the consumers. I don't think it's due to quality of diesel thats humpering the D4D engine but probably the build quality and cheap components that was used to make it suppose to be affordable which is one of the main purpose of this so called "IMV" project but price gone sky high due to opportunist dealers. in my opinion, flying tons of parts is just a tempory solution to Toyota's D4D engine problems since the problem will just cycle. I think, they should go back to the drawing board and figure out what went wrong, wether it's a design problems or assembling problems or components problems. Magkaisa kayo D4D engine owners to push Toyota to act. Baka magaya ang problema nyo sa "Pila" scam na posted ni El Chicane where ipinamamalaki pa nila na wala raw namang nagrereklamo sa mga authorities tungkol sa scam nila.
    Sir, I fully agree with you , the problem cannot be blamed on the fuel quality because there are other CRDI engines out there and there have been no reports so far that they have problems with it. We can blame the fuel quality if this problem also occur in Alterra's, Kia Sorrento's, and other CRDI engine vehicles

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    No need to leave it overnight. Just leave the bottle in the sun. Any water mixed with the fuel would vaporize and condense on the container wall.

Friends, info lang... I just got confirmation from someone at the Toyota plant that the D-4D issues are limited to the 2.5 liter models (mostly Innovas). It specifically involves the fuel pump (something about the springs in the pump daw :confused: ), requiring complete replacement. Replacement parts are already available. But, they will replace the pumps only when they are confirmed defective.

Those of you who got the 2.5 liter D-4D IMVs, do monitor your vehicle's performance. At the first sign of stalling, I suggest you request immediate correction at your dealership.
    This I guess should be a "corrective action" on the part of Toyota. We as owners should not wait for our car to stall. Kakatakot kasi niyan, you also have a thought na your car might stall suddenly while driving. papano na kung long drive ka and it happen in the middle of nowhere or just in front of a cemetery at the middle of the night...mm...mapapa mura ka I'm sure sa Toyota. Recalling might be the last resort of Toyota, but of course they will cover up the issue as much as possible, but papano nman tayo people?
    I'm thinking of "lying" to Toyota that I experience this choking/hard starting problem, though it did not really happen to my unit yet (hope it will not). Telling a lie that the unit has this symptom and replacing the pump unit might be a solution to correct the defect. Hirap kasi pag aantayin pang magka problema pa, no peace of mind. Eh papano pag yung warranty expires?...that cost a fortune, P125K, can't afford that...

8. jagxtrm Guest
    dapat mag-recall na lng ng innova d4d para lahat maayos na, hindi kng kailan ka tinamaan ng stalled engine, saka ka lng pupunta sa casa para magpaayos ...

paano kng nag stall ang engine mo habang paakyat ng baguio? or in a place na malayo sa kabihasnan? anong gagawin mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxtrm
    ...paano kng nag stall ang engine mo habang paakyat ng baguio? or in a place na malayo sa kabihasnan? anong gagawin mo?
    simple. while these problems are yet to be resolved, don't go to either place. i wouldn't dare be in those areas where rescue is impossible while having insecurities with my own ride.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    meron bang ASEAN-based(not RP syempre) tsikoteers here? i'm just curious kung ganito rin ang experience ng ibang D4D IMV owners sa Indonesia, etc..
    I've worked in Indonesia for couple of months. Even the diesel in indonesia is cheap, they never sold this troublesome D4D engine there. Lahat ng Innova at Fortuner is with gas engine. As I've mentioned sa mga unang post ko dito, D4D is still in the process of testing pa lang. I feel sorry doon mga naging testbed dito sa pinas ng D4D engine.
    Sabi ng isang kaibigan natin na ala pang problem ang 3.0 Fortuner, well mayroon na po sa Malaysia at gaya ng na post ko before, kasama ko sa work ang owner at so far twice na sya bumalik, una pump and second time is injectors. Sabi sa kanya, pag bumalik pa rin, ECU daw titingnan nila. Bihira lang bumubili ng Fortuner sa Malaysia kasi gaya nila scam dito sa pinas. Overpriced daw sya saka di worth. Tayo lang sa pinas naloko ng scam ng Toyota. Sa indonesia naman, VVTi innova sobrang dami. Fortuner, unfortunate yan doon.

Toyota D4D engine woes