New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 203 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The spokesman said the bolts were not rinsed thoroughly when the vehicles were made between April 1998 and September 2003. In the worst case the bolts may be rusted and broken, disabling the engines.
    mukhang ibang problem ito. The IMV project is just a recent undertaking of Toyota.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi
    Looks like the Hiace has its own diesel engine woes.

Here's a thread courtesy of AM of motioncars.com:
    http://p083.ezboard.com/fmotioncarsf...cID=2926.topic
    This involves pre-IMV vehicles... It doesn't concern D-4D engines.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by strayWOLF
    Hi larshell, did you asked Toyota QA if they had other innova with the same problem as what you had?

A few months back when I had my CRDI problem, they told me (Toyota Otis) that I was the 3rd Innova who had the problem.

Hi StrayWolf, As per what warranty officer of Toyota QA said 6 Innova including mine and 2 Hi-lux they already replaced CRDi system. Marami pa daw nakapila

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    *diesoline, According Toyota QA service advisor Innova D4d has Single Fuel Filter not two that is confirm.
    tnx for the info, larshell. did you also ask if the hiace/hilux/fortuner d4d systems have single stage fuel filtration too?

some car manufacturers opt for a single fuel filter system located just before the fuel transfer pump in order to reduce filtration and manufacturing costs.

if a single filter is specified for the suction side of the fuel system, the filter must be able to protect not only the transfer pump but also the complete fuel injection system; to prevent premature wear on all components after the fuel filter.

imo, the fuel filter i saw that was installed in my cousin's fortuner was inadequate. the size of the filter alone was a dead giveaway. that was the reason why i asked larshell if he noticed a primary fuel filter somewhere along the fuel line after the fuel tank.

why the importance of a primary filter? its purpose is primarily to protect the transfer pump and remove water contamination. the primary fuel filter also protects the secondary filter from much of the tar/gum/varnish naturally present in diesel fuel.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    From what some of the posters say, the worm might really be the quality of the diesel fuel; might just be really dirty, or was contaminated with water while fueling up. Added to this is the lack of an efficient filter system, as analysed above. The filter system just can't take the grime and give up.

I had a fail-start once in my Fortuner, 2.5G. Never happened again though. Upon reading this thread, my analysis was confirmed that it was due to the diesel quality... because I remembered that prior to that fail-start, I "dieseled-up" when it was raining very hard at a gas station that I just accidentally saw.

Better choose and stick with reliable gas stations then...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with Atty Norby...

Maybe this has to do with the station you gas up with recently that gave you this pump problem.... I always gas up in clean and new one if possible... so no problem until now...

WBR,

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    OT

Sometimes it is really difficult to tell which gas station is reputable. I read in the papers that an individual filled up his Prado in a gas station located in Ortigas (the newspaper deliberately omitted the details) and started experiencing a hard-starting or dead engine. They had the vehicle towed back to Toyota Balintawak and the fuel analyzed in the labs show that there were significant trace/amounts of water in the composition of the fuel.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by attynorby
    From what some of the posters say, the worm might really be the quality of the diesel fuel; might just be really dirty, or was contaminated with water while fueling up. Added to this is the lack of an efficient filter system, as analysed above. The filter system just can't take the grime and give up.

I had a fail-start once in my Fortuner, 2.5G. Never happened again though. Upon reading this thread, my analysis was confirmed that it was due to the diesel quality... because I remembered that prior to that fail-start, I "dieseled-up" when it was raining very hard at a gas station that I just accidentally saw.

Better choose and stick with reliable gas stations then...
    attynorby: did that particular failed start occur when your engine was still warm or was it from a cold start?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Also i make it a point to gas up after the needle goes down the halfway mark immediatley... so that those dirt underneath the gas tank will not be suck up to the engine as much as possible....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    attynorby: did that particular failed start occur when your engine was still warm or was it from a cold start?
    From a cold start. I fueled up the night before.

Toyota D4D engine woes