New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 203 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    *diesoline, ok ill check it.

i feel like my engine is no longer a virgin.So young and not a virgin anymore.
    this is really sad

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ok here is my report

yup my innova had the same fuel supply pump problem. the service guy said they will order the parts (from mars or jupiter i think)

unfortunately they cant give me an exact date. in a couple of weeks daw. shucks!
    almost 15 different parts daw ang oorderin nila.

so momentarily they will "initialize" (what the heck that means?) my innova.

i hope they replaced it immediately

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo
    3Kings. Sir. What is your unit and what brand of fuel are you using? Are you using fuel additives? Kindly give as feedback on the finding/s of your dealer & possible solutions. Thanks.
    mine is diesel. im not using any additives or booster. i gas up in petron station. though i tried total in merville once.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *diesoline, ok ill check it.

Yesterday i went to Toyota QA, they didn't allow me to took some pics i wish to share what it looks like when they remove the injector tube line etc. i feel like my engine is no longer a virgin.So young and not a virgin anymore. Infairness with the mechanic he is very carefull removing all the parts.

larsell,
    how long did you wait for the parts to be replaced?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I got my Innova today, Toyota QA took three days to replace all the CRDi system .I saw all the parts that they say faulty, all looks new parang indi sira supply pump and injector, tube etc. bago pa lahat parang galing lang sa box pero sabi nila sira na niisip ko tuloy parang hindi dito ang problem. For now wait and see si my only option.BTW parts cost P113,320.15 Labor around 6k if warranty expires that will be the cost.

*diesoline, According Toyota QA service advisor Innova D4d has Single Fuel Filter not two that is confirm.

*3Kings, Oct.15,2005 the date they oder parts. Nov. 22,2005 Parts arrived. more than one month. When they "intialize" your ECU what happen? did it fix the problem? Mine got "intialize" also and for some reason the problem gone for awhile.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I got my Innova today, Toyota QA took three days to replace all the CRDi system .I saw all the parts that they say faulty, all looks new parang indi sira supply pump and injector, tube etc. bago pa lahat parang galing lang sa box pero sabi nila sira na niisip ko tuloy parang hindi dito ang problem. For now wait and see si my only option.BTW parts cost P113,320.15 Labor around 6k if warranty expires that will be the cost.

*diesoline, According Toyota QA service advisor Innova D4d has Single Fuel Filter not two that is confirm.

*3Kings, Oct.15,2005 the date they oder parts. Nov. 22,2005 Parts arrived. more than one month. When they "intialize" your ECU what happen? did it fix the problem? Mine got "intialize" also and for some reason the problem gone for awhile.
    sorry to hear that they "operated" on your engine. anyway, thanks again for your feedbacks dito sa thread. i'll be getting my 2.7 vvti white fortuner this tuesday. if not for your posts, i might have gotten a 2.5 d4d. masyado pa naman akong maselan sa sasakyan. konting diprensya, pinapaayos ko kaagad. i hope maayos na ang problema sa d4d para naman huwag kabahan imaneho ng fellow owners. thanks again.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    No Problem! Its nice to know that my effort being apreciated by fellow tsikoter's

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    No Problem! Its nice to know that my effort being apreciated by fellow tsikoter's

Hi larshell, did you asked Toyota QA if they had other innova with the same problem as what you had?

A few months back when I had my CRDI problem, they told me (Toyota Otis) that I was the 3rd Innova who had the problem.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Amongst us on this Innova thread who had their Denso CRDI system replaced:

1. strayWOLF - last July 06, 2005
    2. lord - November 2005
    3. larshell - November 2005

and others who encountered problems with their 2.5 D4D like

1. 3kings
    2. takumi
    3. etc. . . . .

can someone put together our statistics and we can derive a representative sample / ratio. Is it safe to assume that 5%~10%? of us Innova D4D owners have had problems with their CRDI / fuel supply pump ? Isn't this ratio pretty high? (reject rate should be below 2% right?, else do a product recall)

So if TMPC has already sold XX no. of units with the 2.5D4D (Innova/Hi-lux/Fortuner/Hi-Ace) then how many potential problematic units are out there ? (is it safe to presume hundreds already by now?).

I just checked the date of my receipt from Toyota when I got my Innova after they fixed it, ang galing naman, July 6, 2005 nga... lol
    I am very troubled to see other tsikoteers having the same problem I had.
    Takot ko tlga when the warranty expires....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Looks like the Hiace has its own diesel engine woes.

Here's a thread courtesy of AM of motioncars.com:
    http://p083.ezboard.com/fmotioncarsf...cID=2926.topic

Toyota D4D engine woes