New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 203 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi
    Minsan may konting modification din across models. Dati yung Mitsu L200 & L300 namin parehong 4D56 yung makina pero mas maliit yung crankase nung sa L300. 6 liters ang oil capacity nung L2, yung L3 5 liters lang. Tipong ganun.

ah ok may L200 din kami 6 liters nga ang oil. Ang liit pala ng oil capacity ng L300

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just got mine less than a month a go running at 1.5km and started to have this problems.

i will be visiting toyota pasong tamo tom to have it fixed. i hope its a permanent one. really depressing to have a stalling brand new car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron bang ASEAN-based(not RP syempre) tsikoteers here? i'm just curious kung ganito rin ang experience ng ibang D4D IMV owners sa Indonesia, etc..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kings
    just got mine less than a month a go running at 1.5km and started to have this problems.

i will be visiting toyota pasong tamo tom to have it fixed. i hope its a permanent one. really depressing to have a stalling brand new car.
    3Kings. Sir. What is your unit and what brand of fuel are you using? Are you using fuel additives? Kindly give as feedback on the finding/s of your dealer & possible solutions. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kings

WOW! your unit actually stall? tsk tsk tsk! one of tsikoter Lord also got his unit from pasong tamo and finish replacing CRDi system a few days a go.

I did bring my unit a while ago to Toyota QA also to replace the CRDi system including supply pump i hope this will fix the problem.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    WOW! your unit actually stall? tsk tsk tsk! one of tsikoter Lord also got his unit from pasong tamo and finish replacing CRDi system a few days a go.

I did bring my unit a while ago to Toyota QA also to replace the CRDi system including supply pump i hope this will fix the problem.
    Pa-update if the problem get's solved ha...

I chatted with a Thai guy at FortunerClub.Net. They haven't heard of CRDi problems for the Fortuner in Thailand. I mentioned that I know of one 2.5G Fortuner owner in the Philippines who's had a stalling problem. He added that the Thai D-4D Fortuners are all 3.0 liters and that they have yet to hear of stalling problems.

'Di kaya unique talaga itong problem sa 2.5 D-4D engines? Have there been cases of stalling for the 2.5 D-4D Hiluxes, as well?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Amongst us on this Innova thread who had their Denso CRDI system replaced:

1. strayWOLF - last July 06, 2005
    2. lord - November 2005
    3. larshell - November 2005

and others who encountered problems with their 2.5 D4D like

1. 3kings
    2. takumi
    3. etc. . . . .

can someone put together our statistics and we can derive a representative sample / ratio. Is it safe to assume that 5%~10%? of us Innova D4D owners have had problems with their CRDI / fuel supply pump ? Isn't this ratio pretty high? (reject rate should be below 2% right?, else do a product recall)

So if TMPC has already sold XX no. of units with the 2.5D4D (Innova/Hi-lux/Fortuner/Hi-Ace) then how many potential problematic units are out there ? (is it safe to presume hundreds already by now?).
    Last edited by jaeger; November 23rd, 2005 at 02:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Pa-update if the problem get's solved ha...

I chatted with a Thai guy at FortunerClub.Net. They haven't heard of CRDi problems for the Fortuner in Thailand. I mentioned that I know of one 2.5G Fortuner owner in the Philippines who's had a stalling problem. He added that the Thai D-4D Fortuners are all 3.0 liters and that they have yet to hear of stalling problems.

'Di kaya unique talaga itong problem sa 2.5 D-4D engines? Have there been cases of stalling for the 2.5 D-4D Hiluxes, as well?
    I wish that this problem is unique for 2.5 D4d engines,para ma-swap ko nalang yong Innova ko sa Fortuner 3.0.

*jaeger, if i counted correctly there are 27 owners of Innova D4d here in tsikot. i dont knw if you will agree wd me i should say 20% below wd defects
    coz there are 5 owner's of Innova D4d have experience problem including altec.

Ill update you all regarding my Innova, ill go to Toyota QA tomorow and see if i can shoot a couple of pics.
    Last edited by larshell; November 23rd, 2005 at 08:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    larshell, please check with them too if the innova really has dual fuel filtration installed. duda ko kasi baka isa lang talaga ang filter, hindi two-stage.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    *diesoline, ok ill check it.

Yesterday i went to Toyota QA, they didn't allow me to took some pics i wish to share what it looks like when they remove the injector tube line etc. i feel like my engine is no longer a virgin.So young and not a virgin anymore. Infairness with the mechanic he is very carefull removing all the parts.

Toyota D4D engine woes