New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 203 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    aw man! sakit sa ulo na nga yun pagpila sa units ng fortuner, and now you have to throw in the uncertainty of our diesel fuel and crdi compatibility... whatta bummer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    aw man! sakit sa ulo na nga yun pagpila sa units ng fortuner, and now you have to throw in the uncertainty of our diesel fuel and crdi compatibility... whatta bummer
    Right now we're thinking of getting a new 2.5 E Innova or a slightly used 4x2 Everest... the horror stories i''ve been following on this thread is now making us lean to the Everest.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Beebs and mazdamazda sorry doon sa pag post ko ng bagong thread tungkol sa Toyota D4D problem. Nakalimutan ko na meron na pala sa pagka shock ko sa balita ni larshell sa sabi sa kanya ng taga Toyota. I wonder if Toyota will admit or issue an official statement about this issue since it's going to be a big blow to their new D4D engine and their reputation. This issue will test Toyota's honesty to their customers especially to those you've bought this D4D engine not just in the philippines but in abroad as well. I don't think that Toyota really did a rigid testing of this D4D engine before offering it to the consumers. I don't think it's due to quality of diesel thats humpering the D4D engine but probably the build quality and cheap components that was used to make it suppose to be affordable which is one of the main purpose of this so called "IMV" project but price gone sky high due to opportunist dealers. in my opinion, flying tons of parts is just a tempory solution to Toyota's D4D engine problems since the problem will just cycle. I think, they should go back to the drawing board and figure out what went wrong, wether it's a design problems or assembling problems or components problems. Magkaisa kayo D4D engine owners to push Toyota to act. Baka magaya ang problema nyo sa "Pila" scam na posted ni El Chicane where ipinamamalaki pa nila na wala raw namang nagrereklamo sa mga authorities tungkol sa scam nila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zeagle
    It's something to do with supply of fuel to the injectors. Kasi if its the nozzle, the engine will not completely stall.
    But, that's what's happening right? The complaints are not about complete stalling but about sputtering (which is partial stalling). Larshell stated that he needs to rev his Innova to high RPMs to get his unit to stop sputtering. Thus, the problem is the injectors and probably the fuel pump to the commonrail. The supply of fuel to the injectors comes from the commonrail. Pressure is built-up inside the commonrail by the fuel pump. Unless the problem involves the commonrail itself. But, this may be unlikely, since the commonrail is just a pressure chamber. And, we know what can happen with some pressure chamber problems --- catastrophic explosion!
    Last edited by vicoyski; November 17th, 2005 at 02:21 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    so far wala naman problema on our unit, test bed or not we are very satisfied with our innova, its the only auv/mpv worth 1M, kesa naman Sportivo/Adventure na panahon pa ng kopong. no offense to owners.

good for you

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    and for those D4D owners who have no problems, yet.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hindi kaya mas malakas ang pressure ng injectors ng mga 3.0 D4D kesa sa 2.5D4D kaya hindi bumabara? sa isuzu thailand website kasi eh meron sinasabi na pressure something sa new diesel nila??

what about the Hilux and Hiace commuter na 2.5D4D din ang gamit?

ang hula ko eh hindi masisira ang toyota sa D4D woes.. yung mga FX nga na 2C diesel eh madaling masira pag nag-overheat.. nag-recall ba ang toyota? hindi.. tsk tsk..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    But, that's what's happening right? The complaints are not about complete stalling but about sputtering (which is partial stalling). Larshell stated that he needs to rev his Innova to high RPMs to get his unit to stop sputtering. Thus, the problem is the injectors and probably the fuel pump to the commonrail. The supply of fuel to the injectors comes from the commonrail. Pressure is built-up inside the commonrail by the fuel pump. Unless the problem involves the commonrail itself. But, this may be unlikely, since the commonrail is just a pressure chamber. And, we know what can happen with some pressure chamber problems --- catastrophic explosion!
    What exactly controls all these parts ( fuel pump, injectors, pressure chamber) you've mentioned? I'm sure they don't work independently right?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    hindi kaya mas malakas ang pressure ng injectors ng mga 3.0 D4D kesa sa 2.5D4D kaya hindi bumabara? sa isuzu thailand website kasi eh meron sinasabi na pressure something sa new diesel nila??

what about the Hilux and Hiace commuter na 2.5D4D din ang gamit?

ang hula ko eh hindi masisira ang toyota sa D4D woes.. yung mga FX nga na 2C diesel eh madaling masira pag nag-overheat.. nag-recall ba ang toyota? hindi.. tsk tsk..
    Simpleng problema lang revoGSX ang overheat. Maski sinong mekaniko magagawan ng paraan yan, pilipino pa. Pero itong D4D problems, maski taga Toyota na mismo, di ma fully rectify ang problem. Saka magkano ba ang price ng FX compare mo sa Fortuner at Innova para manahimik na lang yong D4D owners? Nasa D4D engine owners na yan kung payag silang gawin ulit gaya ng sanabi mo na ginawa ng Toyota sa FX owners ( Magbingi-bingihan uli ).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    May naikwento si utol sakin kanina lang may nabasa sya sa Manila Bullitin na umamin ang toyota kelangan pa nila improve yong engine ng Fortuner and Innova medyo malabo lang pero hiramin ko yong newspaper bukas, i post ko tomorow.

it makes me wonder what makes the engine in the hilux and hiace differ from the innova? Puro innova ata ang problem but pareho lang naman 2.5 litre d4d di ba?

Toyota D4D engine woes