New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    May naikwento si utol sakin kanina lang may nabasa sya sa Manila Bullitin na umamin ang toyota kelangan pa nila improve yong engine ng Fortuner and Innova medyo malabo lang pero hiramin ko yong newspaper bukas, i post ko tomorow.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    I talked to a friend of mine from Isuzu Philippines Corporation. The same problems occurred with the initial release of the Commonrail Diesel on the Trooper. Injector problems caused several units to malfunction din daw (they attributed it to poor fuel quality). I asked him if, with a different engine displacement, the same injectors can be used. No, daw... I'll have to confirm this with someone from Toyota, but, I guess magka-iba ang fuel injectors and denso pumps ng 2.5G & 3.0V. As, there is still no actual 3.0V owner complaining, I will assume (for now) that the problem is limited to the 2.5G fuel injectors and pumps. But, as someone here suggested, I'll have to be wary of my D-4D engine's behavior and where I go.
    Hindi injector ang problema ng D4D.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'm sure Toyota will extend the warranty of the injection pump if it goes beyond the period and obvious that its the same problem. They have done that in the past when they extended the warranty of Sanden condensers to 5 years.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zeagle
    Hindi injector ang problema ng D4D.
    It isn't? So what's the problem then?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    fuel pump ata

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Ang problema ,ngayon okay pa D4D engine mo, pero sabi nga ni larshell at toyota mismo ang nagsabi, may range na binigay between 20K-120K expected nila magkaka trouble ang D4D engine.Kung di ba naman loko yang Toyota. May peace of mind ka non?
    It wasn't Toyota who said it... It was just a guy from the Balintawak dealership. The dealerships are unreliable with their info. They keep saying that your Fortuner will arrive next month, but, 6 months later you're still waiting for nothing...

Let the D-4D owners wait for an official statement from the Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation, ok?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah we all know how knowledgeable agents are haha

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oh and my agent told me the fuel filter is good for 300,000 kms. do i believe him? of course not, i laugh at his face.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How about 20k km? What a joke!! Well, it could be earlier.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    It isn't? So what's the problem then?
    It's something to do with supply of fuel to the injectors. Kasi if its the nozzle, the engine will not completely stall.

Toyota D4D engine woes