New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    2KD-FTV din yata ang engine ng 2.5G Fortuner ah... 1KD-FTV is the 3.0V's engine. Has there been any complaint here from a Fortuner owner? If not, TMPC should definitely look into the D-4D Innova complaints, since all Innova's are locally assembled at their Sta. Rosa, Laguna Plant.
    Yeah, the 2.5G Fortuner's fitted with the 2KD-FTV, "little brother" of the 1KD-FTV. Mine's a 2.5G variant, I have it for 2 mos. already but until now, di pa naman ako nagkakaroon ng ganitong problema. I hope Toyota comes up with a permanent solution to this problem, not just some "stab-in-the-dark" thing. This problem is akin to a monster that has just began to rear its ugly head.....they could get overwhelmed if they don't find a solution soon..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    let me be the village idiot for today: aside from the annoying hard starts, is the problem really that serious? or are we just taking a cue from this, and anticipating problems in the future? is it because patchup work doesn't really inspire much confidence in any IMV buyer?

of course i do understand that anyone who's about to part with around 800k worth of blood, sweat and tears would rightly expect a perfect ride; isip ko kasi na yes, it would take 2-3 tries to start up, pero baka naman afterwards e ok na sya.

are there any other problems reported, like it choking/stalling while running on the highway and stuff?

no malice or sarcasm intended po ha....i'm just trying to gauge the severity of the problem

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Well that's the pain of having diesel equipped vehicles. Maintenance is a pain in the arse not to mention delays and headache. I wouldnt wonder why aircrafts was not designed to run on diesel engines. Imagine if it stalls in the middle of a flight? Tsk Tsk.
    Last edited by leinahtan; November 8th, 2005 at 10:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    let me be the village idiot for today: aside from the annoying hard starts, is the problem really that serious? or are we just taking a cue from this, and anticipating problems in the future? is it because patchup work doesn't really inspire much confidence in any IMV buyer?

of course i do understand that anyone who's about to part with around 800k worth of blood, sweat and tears would rightly expect a perfect ride; isip ko kasi na yes, it would take 2-3 tries to start up, pero baka naman afterwards e ok na sya.

are there any other problems reported, like it choking/stalling while running on the highway and stuff?

no malice or sarcasm intended po ha....i'm just trying to gauge the severity of the problem
    Actually there is one owner of Innova that toyota had to tow his ride from his home coz it wont start at all. I cant remember his name nasa Innova thread.
    Last night along QA there is one Hi-lux J Stall and the Hood is up im afraid to stop and check it out baka carjacker kasi e block out pa naman.What i did i stop about 800m away from him for about 5min. I cant resist to check baka kasi may konting trouble lang, mukhang stall engine nga, i can see one is checking the engine and the other one is trying to start the engine.(i can here engine crank)No reg. plate yet.

All this unit is bought BrandNew and wd the faith that no trouble will occur at least for 3-5yrs. or 100T km. mileage.It should be 99.9% Good Working condition.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Actually there is one owner of Innova that toyota had to tow his ride from his home coz it wont start at all. I cant remember his name nasa Innova thread.
    Last night along QA there is one Hi-lux J Stall and the Hood is up im afraid to stop and check it out baka carjacker kasi e block out pa naman.What i did i stop about 800m away from him for about 5min. I cant resist to check baka kasi may konting trouble lang, mukhang stall engine nga, i can see one is checking the engine and the other one is trying to start the engine.(i can here engine crank)No reg. plate yet.

All this unit is bought BrandNew and wd the faith that no trouble will occur at least for 3-5yrs. or 100T km. mileage.It should be 99.9% Good Working condition.
    thanks again larshell for those inputs. shift na talaga ako sa 2.7 vvti.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *gasp* lagot ang IMV project ng toyota kung ganun. tatlong modelo kaagad ang tinamaan! on the upside, sabay sabay din maayos once they address the problem

are we seeing the same trend in Malaysia/Thailand/Indonesia?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i guess denso should check its parts really well since ito yung OEM na supply pump para sa 2KD engine. actually di talaga masasagot ng toyota yan na kung papalitan yung supply pump ng bago ok na. maybe its because of the 'defective' supply pump batch that denso sent to toyota? so what toyota phils. need to do is to relay this problem to denso kasi sila lang makakasagot kung whats really wrong with some of their supply pumps.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    thanks again larshell for those inputs. shift na talaga ako sa 2.7 vvti.
    If you really want Toyota go for VVTi nlang kasi sa Altis Subok na yata yan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Denso had cases before related to fuel systems. As it turned out, additives used by local petroleum companies affect the system. Don't know about this one though.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    be learned!!!!!!!! tsk!tsk!tsk!

Toyota D4D engine woes