New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Guys, go to casa as soon as you experience this problem. Toyota might not call it directly as "RECALL" but as the warranty officer of bel-air and QA has advised me, there is a memorandum already that was released by TOYOTA. Tell them that you are already aware of this that the main culprit is the supply pump. But they will be replacing the whole fuel system module as for further study. This step might be considered as a proactive step by Toyota. Thanks to larshell's given information, I was able to talked to the 2 warranty officer and confirmed such issue.

If there are a lot of D4D owners out there, maybe we could request from toyota at least to extend the warranty period. This I think is the least we could bargain for. If there are other ways, please feel free to suggest.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This problem only affects the 2KD engine I think.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zeagle
    This problem only affects the 2KD engine I think.
    well, it that's really the case, that surely is a bad news for us whose units are running on the 2KD-FTV variant....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patron
    well, it that's really the case, that surely is a bad news for us whose units are running on the 2KD-FTV variant....
    Well it is really bad. I jas hope toyota will inform all 2KD owners right away or at least proactively order stocks/spares of the fuel system. Wala pa daw sa planta... so the waiting time is 3-4 weeks... =(

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2KD-FTV din yata ang engine ng 2.5G Fortuner ah... 1KD-FTV is the 3.0V's engine. Has there been any complaint here from a Fortuner owner? If not, TMPC should definitely look into the D-4D Innova complaints, since all Innova's are locally assembled at their Sta. Rosa, Laguna Plant.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    matagal ng sakit ng toyota engine yan, sa silent L pa lang panay palit ng fuel filter namin.2 pa filter nun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our 9 month old hilux * 15,092km hasnt experienced palyado or choking YET. Lets see as time goes by.

To Isuzu Trooper owners,

How long did it take before your injectors got clogged?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If there is any manufacturer who can handle these kind of a problem, I think Toyota is most capable. I am sure that Toyota is working hard to solve the problem because IMV project is very important to them. I think the demand is just unexpected that they are barely coping with problems. Just being fair to them. Ride ko nga is Nissan e.
    Last edited by zeagle; November 7th, 2005 at 08:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    well i noticed one morning that a innova owner here sa compound namin, D-4D engine. kailangan 2 clicks pag-i-start nya. pero i dont know if its always like that though.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    went to toyota bel air service area kanina. confirmed nga. it's the DENSO supply pump that's causing the problems with the 2.5 D4D engines. told me that they will replace it whenever you experience a problem. sabi nga sa akin, "sir, hindi na papalya once maiinit na ang makina." ok ba sa advice? i also asked him if ever they replace the pump the problem will go away. sabi niya, "sir, HINDI KAMI SURE." similar daw sa problem with the isuzu trooper. same supplier daw kasi (DENSO). he then told me that it's better that i get the 2.7 vvti. i then told my agent that it's vvti or nothing. thanks tsikoteers for your feedbacks. parang blessing in disguise na nag-wait ako for 6 months. i want a troublesome free vehicle, kaya nga ako bibili ng bago para less maintenance and headache.ayoko mag-drive ng sasakyan anticipating engine problems.

Toyota D4D engine woes