New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 203 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir butchokuy, i don't think toyota is necessarily lagging in terms of technology/research. pero, being a large corporation, madaming red tape yan. hindi ung tipong snap decision e iimplement na kaagad. who knows, baka naanticipate nga nila ung ganyang problem, pero di mahabol ung fix dun sa launch date n stuff.

notwithstanding that alibi, it still downright sucks; the first buyers would become unknowing guinea pigs.

however, i'd still rather see our diesel fuel get cleaner. we can buy cars that run diesel cut with used oil all we want, pero ung mga baga -- at baga ng mga anak natin -- ang kawawa

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I was banging my head why I did'nt get the D4D hilux and settled for the much cheaper DMAX which is non-crdi. But reading the problems with D4D sometimes its like a blessing in disguise.

Well, my friend always says... for new technologies(and stuff), it's always good to buy after a year or two for the bugs to be sorted out. dont jump on the bandwagon immediately just because its new stuff and its the trend

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    I was banging my head why I did'nt get the D4D hilux and settled for the much cheaper DMAX which is non-crdi. But reading the problems with D4D sometimes its like a blessing in disguise.

Well, my friend always says... for new technologies(and stuff), it's always good to buy after a year or two for the bugs to be sorted out. dont jump on the bandwagon immediately just because its new stuff and its the trend

Bless You!!!!!!!!! Swerte Mo!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i don't think toyota is necessarily lagging in terms of technology/research.
    toyota in general, yes but what about those mechanics that handles our vehicles?

would it be good and wise enough.. that if they know what's problem -- hit it right on the spot -- this will give them more pogi points such as good and fast reliable service. besides, it's their lost kasi puro under warranty pa lahat yan -- ang masaklap after the warranty.

it seems that consumers now are getting a 2nd thoughts of trying the toyota's new technology vehicles because of this frequent and irritating problems.

i agree with them.. kya nga bumili ng bago is to avoid all the hazzle and inconvenient tapos ganun din, heheh!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    Mga Innova peeps..
    My INNOVA G Diesel Variant was brought by my brother a while ago at Marikina
    Service Station. My 15k PMS was also done at the said service station. Prior
    to
    the 15K PMS, we already have complaints that after several full tanks of
    diesel
    fuel from PETRON and mixing it with ESTROL Biodiesel (5% and 1%), the engine
    begins to experience the following:
    1. The engine often dies after starting it. This is true during cold startup
    (mornings and after several hours of being parked). This is sometimes called
    by
    users - pumapalya o na-chochoke. Kelanagn mo apakan yung gas pedal or rev up.
    the engine.

2. Sometimes during shifting gears, especially on slow speed (2nd gear) parang
    kakadyot ung makina o malulunod (has the tendency to stop) pag hindi mo agad
    inapakan ung gas pedal.
    3. Sometimes, I feel that the engine is loosing power. Although my top speed
    is
    not affected, the behavior of the engine sa arangkadahan or during normal
    speed
    is not the same. sometimes I do need to drive hard. But I observed that my
    fuel
    consumption is still the same. 9.5-10.5 KM/L pa rin. I am now using Shell
    Diesel.

All of these symptoms were relayed by my brother sa toyota mechanic sa
    Marikina.
    Toyota diagnosed again our unit by using their laptop to get into the unit's
    engine statistics. My brother also relayed the possibility of the fuel filter
    being clogged and maybe it just need to be adjusted. However, toyota did not
    attempt to take a look. They are satisfied with the results being shown by the
    engine at their laptop. The other bad news is, they still have to report the
    said event either at planta or at Cubao. They instructed my brother that they
    will contact us again for the next visit. This time at cubao. I am planning to
    bring my unit at P. Tamo or Makati this Saturday for a second opinion. These
    stations I believe are independent and have their own pool of expert mechanics
    and management that can decide immediately and do not depend on other
    stations.

Since I am not the only one who have experienced such behavior, (others are
    just using pure diesel without additives or biodiesel) maybe we could organize
    a body or at least help each other to get the attention of Toyota. I believe
    that the D4d engine is not that bad since it has been released before in other
    countries. There might just be an adjustment with our engines. Lets push
    Toyota
    to work on this issue. Toyota must have a fixed for this issue, better yet
    fixed this issue so that our engine can use and benefit from biodiesel.
    Well that's not a good practise that pag start sa morning o pagmatagal syang naka park, kailangang rev up ang engine kaagad dahil nga sa namamatay sya. Dapat pa check mo sa Toyota thoroughly yang car mo dahil it will wear up your engine fast if you will continue doing it. Try mo kaya Seaoil " bioexceed" product nila. That's what my friend is using on his Sorento 2.5 CDRi and his ODO now is more than 9K at never pa syang nagka problem sa engine nya. He normally add 2 liters on his 80ltr tank.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Well that's not a good practise that pag start sa morning o pagmatagal syang naka park, kailangang rev up ang engine kaagad dahil nga sa namamatay sya. Dapat pa check mo sa Toyota thoroughly yang car mo dahil it will wear up your engine fast if you will continue doing it. Try mo kaya Seaoil " bioexceed" product nila. That's what my friend is using on his Sorento 2.5 CDRi and his ODO now is more than 9K at never pa syang nagka problem sa engine nya. He normally add 2 liters on his 80ltr tank.
    Yup, I once read a motoring article that advises against revving your engine immediately after starting it coz the oil hasn't circulated yet.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Alam ko nga masama yon high rev agad pag cold starting kaso ayaw umandar wala kang magagawa so rev ka nalang kasi wala rin parts available.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Alam ko nga masama yon high rev agad pag cold starting kaso ayaw umandar wala kang magagawa so rev ka nalang kasi wala rin parts available.
    Well, problema nga yan since parts are not available. That's the negative side palagi ng jumping with the bandwagon of new technology kasi parang sacrificial lamb palagi ang new buyers.But toyota should made enough spares kasi bagong model and not yet tested. Paano yan kung isa lang car mo, eh di malaking abala. Anyway, the best thing that you can do now is maybe you can add some oil additive, I would suggest Motor-up since you don't need to drain your oil to add it. Bit expensive but will help your engine on cold starting. Better that just plain oil. Tama ang kaibigan natin sa suggestion nya sa thread na dapat lahat ng D4D engine owner magsama sama to push toyota to do something with their engine problem.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Tama ang kaibigan natin sa suggestion nya sa thread na dapat lahat ng D4D engine owner magsama sama to push toyota to do something with their engine problem.
    i agree, they need to know that all of you are very much concern about your vehicles. demand an explanation, how soon they can resolved it and extend the warranty.

w/o this, would take a lot of time before they do some actions on this.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tama ang kaibigan natin sa suggestion nya sa thread na dapat lahat ng D4D engine owner magsama sama to push toyota to do something with their engine problem.
    Let's join forces and make them recall all defective units they sold to us

Toyota D4D engine woes