New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 203 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    larshell: import ko mga posts natin sa "Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?" thread. baka ma-ot dun at mas bagay dito ang part na ito ng discussion dun.

Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    larshell, can you take photos of fuel filters of your innova too? both primary and secondary. do the innovas really have two fuel filters installed?

last month, i had a cursory look at the engine compartment of my cousin's fortuner and all i saw was one dinky little filter. it was small in comparison with the filter installed in my crdi auto. in the nissan frontier and safari, the dual filters are installed side by side. could the imv's primary filter be somewhere else along the fuel line after the fuel tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Im trying to look for the primary filter they talking about di ko makita i suppose nakatago ito or Toyota is just pullilng our leg. The secondary filter is the same wd the fortuner.
    i didn't have the opportunity to look under the fortuner. larshell, try to look for the primary filter by following the fuel line after the fuel tank. easier done kung nakalagay yung vehicle sa lifter.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    larshell: import ko mga posts natin sa "Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?" thread. baka ma-ot dun at mas bagay dito ang part na ito ng discussion dun.

i didn't have the opportunity to look under the fortuner. larshell, try to look for the primary filter by following the fuel line after the fuel tank. easier done kung nakalagay yung vehicle sa lifter.
    I have my own lifter diko talaga makita hirap hanapin, kinapa ko nadin yong ibabaw ng fuel tank wala ako makapa.Is it possible to place it the primary fuel filter inside the fuel tank?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    theoretically, a filter can be placed inside the fuel tank. but a question begs to be asked: how does that affect accessibility? especially so when that particular part has to be checked and/or cleaned every 5000 kms. malabo yata. or as you posted earlier, toyota may be pulling your leg.

ask the toyota service advisors...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxtrm
    guys, my brother gave me his advice... he has a innova d4d G m/t using petron diesel max (without biodiesel or any additives)...

before u stop the engine (by turning off the ignition), u MUST let the engine idle for at least 1 minute (off ang aircon para walang load) para daw mag slow down yng turbine ng turbo...

ang reason daw is to 'release' yng na-build up na pressure sa intake after running the engine at 1,800 rpm or more. also it will prevent early breakdown ng pipes due to 'unreleased' pressure. i think D4D turbo can generate up to 10 to 12 psi of pressure sa intake after running 80 kph or more.

nangyari sa kanya dati na nagmamadali cyang bumaba ng car, at pinatay nya agad yng engine ... pagbalik nya ng car hirap cyang mag start. after 5 mins nag try uli cya mag start & ang result is 1 click start na.

Geez i dont know, pero about 15years ago, Turbo charged cars had this feature called "turbo timer" wherein after you switched ignition-off & removed the key the engine would still run for about a minute before finally dying. that was to help keep the turbines lubricated after spinning fm. a very high RPM (than that of the engine). now turbo's are designed much better that they have internal lubrication to prevent damage. i don't think toyota skimped - out on this one right? must be caused by something else...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    theoretically, a filter can be placed inside the fuel tank. but a question begs to be asked: how does that affect accessibility? especially so when that particular part has to be checked and/or cleaned every 5000 kms. malabo yata. or as you posted earlier, toyota may be pulling your leg.

ask the toyota service advisors...
    Im planing to go at Toyota QA to reset again my ECU on Nov.2 kasi hard starting ulit Innova ko ill ask nadin my service advisor kung meron nga ba talaga primary fuel filter ang Innova.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Im planing to go at Toyota QA to reset again my ECU on Nov.2 kasi hard starting ulit Innova ko ill ask nadin my service advisor kung meron nga ba talaga primary fuel filter ang Innova.
    When you say hard starting does it mean na hindi mo ma-start on the first few tries or naiistart mo nman but the engine dies afterwards [this needs reving up the machine - like mine]?

Nangyayari uli sa akin...=(

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    When you say hard starting does it mean na hindi mo ma-start on the first few tries or naiistart mo nman but the engine dies afterwards [this needs reving up the machine - like mine]?

Nangyayari uli sa akin...=(
    Haaaay naku, I 1st notice that mapalag ang engine at cold starting i ignored it coz pag nagpunta ng casa sabihin lang syo normal sa diesel yan then once nangyari yong failed starting aandar then it went off 2nd try ok then it got worst up to 4th try aandar then patay you have to rev b4 engine runs so iwent to casa they reset my ECU then ok na after exactly 500km eto na balik ulit sa cold start mapalag ang engine then failed starting na until now sabi ng mga taga casa dalin ulit sa kanila need to reset again Waaaah lagi nalang bang ganito.
    Now im decided to sell my unit na what worries me is what if the warranty expires how much will it cost me. Just to reset the ECU P290 di bale nayan ang nakakaasar is my unit is Brandnew infact it only reads 5,600km on its ODO.

I hope one of the executives of Toyota will read this coz this its really sad for me.If they will not act on this fast i dont know what will i do siguro ill go to media nalang kay Mike sana yong mga victim will join me para they will see that im not unique to this situation. :fire:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Haaaay naku, I 1st notice that mapalag ang engine at cold starting i ignored it coz pag nagpunta ng casa sabihin lang syo normal sa diesel yan then once nangyari yong failed starting aandar then it went off 2nd try ok then it got worst up to 4th try aandar then patay you have to rev b4 engine runs so iwent to casa they reset my ECU then ok na after exactly 500km eto na balik ulit sa cold start mapalag ang engine then failed starting na until now sabi ng mga taga casa dalin ulit sa kanila need to reset again Waaaah lagi nalang bang ganito.
    Now im decided to sell my unit na what worries me is what if the warranty expires how much will it cost me. Just to reset the ECU P290 di bale nayan ang nakakaasar is my unit is Brandnew infact it only reads 5,600km on its ODO.

I hope one of the executives of Toyota will read this coz this its really sad for me.If they will not act on this fast i dont know what will i do siguro ill go to media nalang kay Mike sana yong mga victim will join me para they will see that im not unique to this situation. :fire:
    pero papalitan nman ung fuel pump mo db?
    antayin mo na lng.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    been using biodiesel for toyota fortunr. so far so good naman..

Larshell,
    yan hirap ng meron ECU d pwede ung blade blade lng.. dapat punta pa sa casa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    larshell, magkano mo bebenta innova mo?

Toyota D4D engine woes