New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 203 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    informed my agent today that i'll be shifting from 2.5 d4d to 3.0 d4d. thanks tsikoteers for the much needed info. medyo nadismaya ako sa mga problema ng 2.5 d4d. i don't want driving a vehicle and anticipating that something might go wrong, and to think brand new pa ang engine..
    If i were you mag gas engine ka nalang you will add more for the engine with the same tech. 2.5 or 3.0 for me the same lang maging trouble nyan.IMHO

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I experienced it once... and thought about its cause. Now, I agree with those who opined that it must be the gas stations' quality of diesel. When I experienced the "trouble", I remember that I gassed up in another one or two gas stations (Shell or Petron, ata, but can't remember the branch; it was raining hard also). I am now gassing up at JETTI Macapagal; mura kasi; haven't experienced the same problem again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    May order kmi Innova d4d A/T... I-cancel na ba namin yun?? anu tingin nyo mga "Experts"?? I'm really bothered with this d4d issue. Sabi naman kc nung Sales Agent nung kinonfront ko cya regarding the d4d engine faults specifically Innova's she replied na yung mga early release units lng daw ang may ganung poblema and they've already taken corrective actions by calibrating/modifyng all the new Innova D4D before making it available to their costumers. So what do you think?? Should I go for innova or not??

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think its the diesel itself thats causing this, i have yet to see an innova D4D being serviced in our toyota dealer. puro oil change lng nakikita ko, took them just 15mins too.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    so long as you have doubts, kung pwede mo naman i delay ng konti ung purchase, why not?

what concerns me is that it isn't only toyota that's adopting CRDi technology. will we see an epidemic of sorts, with CRDi diesels dying on the side of the road?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    [QUOTE=badkuk]so long as you have doubts, kung pwede mo naman i delay ng konti ung purchase, why not?

Add lang. You can also change your order to the gas-vvti Innova. The difference between the price of diesel fuel and gasoline fuel nowadays is minimal.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Anu po ba gas-consumption(km/l) ng Innova VVT-i?? kc po convinced na ko na bulok d4d so VVTi version nlng kaso bka malakas lumaklak ng gas ang VVti version. O nga pla M/T ang kukunin namin.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova G
    Anu po ba gas-consumption(km/l) ng Innova VVT-i?? kc po convinced na ko na bulok d4d so VVTi version nlng kaso bka malakas lumaklak ng gas ang VVti version. O nga pla M/T ang kukunin namin.
    My Innova J VVTi M/T consumes 9.3kpl city & highway combined. See also Innova Fuel Consumption thread.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    * larshell
    I went to P.Tamo and I explained my problem to them. They diagnosed my unit and reset or put the settings of those supposedly abnormal thru the OBD (onboard diagnostic) / laptop. My problem was also gone. I will observe it for a while. I also requested if they will replace my fuel pump since yun din ang suspect nung SA but they said na observe ko na lng muna tas replaced agad nila kung recur ung problem.

Now I wonder if biodiesel has something to do with this event. I didn't mention anything of biodiesel to the SA because I want them to find out the root cause and solve the problem themselves. The SA specifically told me that such adjustment is deem necessary sometimes and that the D4D engine is not bad at all.

Regarding the advise of the QA station SA not to use biodiesel, I persomally believe that they should not void the warranty because you use biodiesel. In the first place such fuel is recommended and now supported by the government. We have the right to get the government's help if tpypta will not allow us to use biodiesel. Also, toyota must first prove that such fuel also is not compatible with the D4D engine. Otherwise, they cannot prohibit those consumers that wish to use biodiesel.

The D4D for me is a good engine after all.

Few days from now, Im gonna try again using biodiesel. This is to find out what the culprit really is and test also the ability of Toyota to remedy such event.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    heard a lot about d4d innova problems. has anybody heard of any problem with the hilux? yung IMV project galing thailand so i dont think there would be any compatibility problems. so, talagang kung may problem, sa d4d nga cguro yun. i own a 4x2 hilux, been driving it since May, sana d magka-problem.

Page 7 of 203 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Toyota D4D engine woes