New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 203 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I had a talk with a friend who has a problem with his 2.5G Innova. The engine would suddenly die after starting. The dealer said they would completely change his fuel line, injector & some mambo jumbo. unfortunately not parts are available. so in the meantime, the dealer just told him to rev higher after starting the engine so that it wont die after starting.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    but what about the additional cost incurred by revving the engine higher? buti sana if the casa covers that or compensates for that...argh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so fortuner D4Ds are spared from this problem?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    so fortuner D4Ds are spared from this problem?

I think they have the same engine as Innova except that some has 3.0L.....tama ba ako? Unless they will recall all D4D's 2.5L and change the engine to 3.0L, assuming only the 2.5L are lemons.... wish

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    There was one poster who complained of a similar problem with his Fortuner. But, it was a 2.5G... Di kaya it's only the 2.5L D4D that has this problem? I haven't heard of complaints from the 3.0V D4D owners, as of yet.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I went today at Toyota QA and im very satisfied with thier service there unlike at toyota north edsa. Jimmy the one incharge wd warranty complains quickly entertain my complains about my Innova and quickly he get the scanner and he said im going to reset your ECU and scan the problem after that the problem is gone.One clik na ulit Innova ko but jimmy said this may come back after a couple thousand km. He make an order of supply pump and promise me the parts will arrive 2 to 3 weeks and he will call me the parts arrive earlier to his promise. Pag ganito makakausap mo mawawla ang inis mo.For now im observing if the problem will come back.The regrets are still here should have waited a year before i buy Innova.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    There was one poster who complained of a similar problem with his Fortuner. But, it was a 2.5G... Di kaya it's only the 2.5L D4D that has this problem? I haven't heard of complaints from the 3.0V D4D owners, as of yet.
    informed my agent today that i'll be shifting from 2.5 d4d to 3.0 d4d. thanks tsikoteers for the much needed info. medyo nadismaya ako sa mga problema ng 2.5 d4d. i don't want driving a vehicle and anticipating that something might go wrong, and to think brand new pa ang engine..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    so far sa akin wala namang problema.... i just had my 10k kilometer check up and wala pa rin akong na experience na masama ang engine....maybe its because of the fuel... i use shell diesoline btw...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    same here. my 2.5G D4D never missed a beat, smooth start pa rin. I've already tried Caltex and Shell. Medyo pihikan lang talaga ako sa gas station, i choose the clean and well-kept stations with new pumps... pwedeng mas malinis yung kinakarga nila compared to the shabby ones.

*larshell... keep us posted on this problem.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    malamang nga sa gas station, dont fill up on gas stations na madami PUV's nagpapa-gas. malamang may halo yun. na-experience ko na yan before.

Page 6 of 203 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Toyota D4D engine woes