New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 203 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wala bang way para ma DIY manual filtering ang diesel? Para bumili na lang kayo sa container at idaan sa inyong sariling filtering before feeding it to your rig.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    D4D is not a very new Engine. It's been running for a few years already for other countries. Is it possible to check the performance of the D4D engines from other coutries as well? Like Thailand and Indonesia.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    jimaroquai:wala bang way para ma DIY manual filtering ang diesel? Para bumili na lang kayo sa container at idaan sa inyong sariling filtering before feeding it to your rig.
    hmmm...now that's an idea(for a tsikot article)...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow i dont know about you but manually filtering 60+ liters of diesel does not work for me and if you use your innova often...pwede kana magtrabaho sa gas station hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    It looks like we're still way too far from completing the three pillars of CLEAN DIESEL technology: (1) State-of-the-art engines, (2) cleaner burning fuels, (3) effective emmissions-control system. (Parang Centrino platform..hehe). Nasa step 1 pa lang tayo, if you'd consider the D4D as state-of-the-art. Clean Air Act? How far did the government really went on this? Just a legislation? Just a thought....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Some excerpts:

"Today's automobile diesel engine...is a high-tech juggernaut, markedly more sophisticated than the gasoline engine.''

"Recent technology has made diesel engines more environmentally sound and the barrier is a psychological one more than a rational one."

It looks like that the D4D is suffering from a case of engine technology which is not fully compatible with the diesel fuel technology available to phil. market.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    most of the countries used euro4 compliant diesel fuel which has 50 parts per million of sulfur, while the phil used only euro 2 compliant diesel which has 250ppm sulfur that's why its dirtier and clogging or choking the fuel system. My friend at UNIOIL told me that if they sell euro 4 compliant diesel which is used at other countries the price will be more expensive than premium unleaded gasoline

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cary168
    most of the countries used euro4 compliant diesel fuel which has 50 parts per million of sulfur, while the phil used only euro 2 compliant diesel which has 250ppm sulfur that's why its dirtier and clogging or choking the fuel system. My friend at UNIOIL told me that if they sell euro 4 compliant diesel which is used at other countries the price will be more expensive than premium unleaded gasoline
    *cary168... thanks for the info. Clearly an ENGINE/FUEL MISMATCH. Cleaner diesels and cleaner fuels go hand-in-hand. Diesel technology is very promising, and it will be a big part of energy future. Europe is really way ahead on this...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    When i got my 2.5G unit from my dealer, one of the first questions i asked the Service Advisor was : "do you recommend any specific diesel fuel type for the D4D engine?" His reply was a shot in the dark. Being an SA, they should have at least an idea what works with the engine and what's not. I expected a better and more logical answer. I shouldn't have ask...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mas matalino pa yata ang mga Tsikoteers, hehehe.

Toyota D4D engine woes